DerelictStudios Forums

i think a cool superweapon for the Axis would be Big Bertha, you could have a small railroad track and it would be every couple of minutes like the rest of the superweapons. any other ideas?

Durn, just looked for the FAQ, and I can't find it. Why oh why?

They've already said no, you get the bombing run, V1, V2, Stuka strike, and artillery strike as superweapons already as the Axis (or at least the V2 is planned).

Big bertha was from WW1, but in empires: dawn of the modern world it is the only artillery the germans get in the WW1-WW2 ages hence the thead makers confusion. Historically big bertha was the biggest rail-gun the germans ever made in WW1.

Edited by Lars573

what kinda cracks me up is all these people joining the forums making threads about all these secret superweapons they know about and how they should be in the game.....i think big bertha was mentioned several times already ^_^

what kinda cracks me up is all these people joining the forums making threads about all these secret superweapons they know about and how they should be in the game.....i think big bertha was mentioned several times already ^_^

When I joined the forums, one of the first things I mentioned was the gustav gun, and it was old news even then.

Big Bertha a railway gun?!?! And I think what the guy is talking about being the biggest Rail-Gun in WWI was the Paris gun. But a K5 railway gun would be a nice little toy but isn't necessary.

Hi. First Post so don't kill me for my maybe bad english, but I'm German. I'm very intrested in WW2 Military History. And all i could say is. If you are interested in a "little" Toy. Look at this. Pic 1 And this. Pic 2

And here are some Specs for this "little" Gun.

Name: Dora

Caliber: 800 mm -> 31.496 inch

Barrellength: 32.4 m -> 1275.914 inch

Shoots per Hour: 3

Range: 28 km -> 17.398 miles

Weight: 1350t -> 2976237 lb.

Weight of Projectile: 7100 kg -> 15652.802 lb.

If you can read german here is the main Site I can't help but this sentence sounds like I'm some racist. I'm not.

I hope i calculated all things in the right way. But with the help of my English Dictionary (conversions between lenght and weight) i hope i didn't made any failure. :unsure:

I found a failure. But i corrected it. :huh:

Edited by Kosh Naranek

Wasn't there a forum discussing that anything mentioned from the list like about huge german artillery being in the game will not to be in the game, but maybe in missions.

Sorry man, we've no'd the Dora about... eight times already. Same with other railway guns.

Sorry man, we've no'd the Dora about... eight times already. Same with other railway guns.

And that's good. I don't want that thing. With this thing all you have to do is build good fortifications. And let that Thing fire at the enemy Base which is on the other Side of an Max. size 8 player Map. That thing would be Overkill. And even the Maus is a little Overkill if you think that at the End of WWII only 2 of these Mammoths where Build. Btw. good Idea give the Maus a build restriction of 2.

the only way I could ever see dora implemented is as an off map artillery strike, but with what all germany's got in the way of V2s, stuka strikes, and Maus tanks, I don't really feel like they need another super weapon unless something else is added for the allies and soviets.

the only way I could ever see dora implemented is as an off map artillery strike, but with what all germany's got in the way of V2s, stuka strikes, and Maus tanks, I don't really feel like they need another super weapon unless something else is added for the allies and soviets.

the only thing between a Dora artillery strike and a reguler artillery strike is that one Dora shell will destroy half the base and cover the other half in dirt where a regular strike will destroy a couple buildings :blink:

Did I read that right? You think the Allied captured Dora and mounted it on a SPITFIRE?? ^_^ . I very much doubt that, the spitfire wouldn't be able to take off under the weight of the gun.

~gently pokes his head in when he hears the Maus mentioned~

Technically 3 were completed. One was fully combat able, the second was the test dummy, which they had to place the turret on... the third was almost completed, and could have been put into combat as is most likely

Over 12 were in various stages of construction when the war was over...

Didn't the Allies capture it and mount it on a Spitfire chassis?

WTF are you lost or something ?

Didn't the Allies capture it and mount it on a Spitfire chassis?

WTF are you lost or something ?

I think he tried to be funny. ^_^

the only thing between a Dora artillery strike and a reguler artillery strike is that one Dora shell will destroy half the base and cover the other half in dirt where a regular strike will destroy a couple buildings ^_^

It isn't that bad.

For your information, the Soviet Artillery strike also uses 6 600mm shells. Look closely, you see 6 big shells falling :)

You know how the Rocket part gets the V1 strike, and then later they'll get the V2 strike after that? Maybe the heavy factory branch could get a Dora strike when you buy the Maus?

For your information, the Soviet Artillery strike also uses 6 600mm shells. Look closely, you see 6 big shells falling :lol:

I'll have to notice that next time, I never new they had anything THAT big.

Edited by Wittman