DerelictStudios Forums

I was suprised the Soviets had such big ordnance too, but I did some searching on the battle of Berlin and the Soviets used them there (General Kazakov, to be precise).

Hey so i was wrong about big bertha being a rail gun, i'm allowed to be wrong leave me alone,,,,you guys suck. <_< :)

Thing is most of those wonder weapons that the germans had, the americnas had similar designs too. If you ever played BF42:secret weapons X-pack you'll have seen a few of these. The americans were buidling a jet fighter ( F-85 goblin) and a flying wing(AW-52)

Those were all waaay post-war weapons. First rule of WWII history - pay no attention to games like BF42: Secret Weapons of WWII

First rule of WWII history - pay no attention to games like BF42: Secret Weapons of WWII

That's the 11th Commandment right there.

Those were all waaay post-war weapons. First rule of WWII history - pay no attention to games like BF42: Secret Weapons of WWII

I was rather surprised to see EA use the F-85. The P-80 Shooting Star had more of a chance going into combat than the F-85. Just the fact that the Goblin's classification uses an "F" and not a "P" speaks that its a post-war weapon

Back to Big Bertha, gamers...

Maybe it's not a sensation, but there were not only the rail-versions of BB in SWW. There were also some stationary versions. For example, one of those stationary cannons was mounted on the top of high mountain near my city(S.-Petersburg) and it has been striking city for over six monthes during the Great Blocade... Until the Soviets armored forces came and kicked germans the hell outta all over the region... Back to point. I can tell you, that THIS one had NO rail or any-movement-aiming-assistment system and it was used like the usual artillery gun. So it'll be a really good/realistic idea to move it to game.

Very. fucking. old. topic.

3 MONTHS.

And links? Pictures? Evidence? Realizing that'd be unbalanced?

Edited by Freedom