DerelictStudios Forums
tmapm

Internal Errors

And.... what exactly are you doing poking around the rules ini file? :D

They did fix that missile glitch BTW. Myself I haven't had a single problem with aurabelts...

Also, for the aurabelts, why didn't you put the newer ones that look like two half-circles attached together instead of these?

because those looked like shit, and they're actually older

Edited by Godwin

And.... what exactly are you doing poking around the rules ini file? :blink:

They did fix that missile glitch BTW. Myself I haven't had a single problem with aurabelts...

You: Poke, poke, poke, is that all you do?

Me: Yeah, why not?

BTW, i found SCRIN UNITS in the ini files. they have been removed from the AR2 4.0 version. :( :angry: I have the 4.0 version and took the scrin voxels. :P

it also saves disk space! :)

BTW, Today, i found a bug. When you sold or destroy genesis buildings, 1 hp infantry (no art just code) will spawn. It also uses chrono ability like the chrono legionnaire. Also, sometimes, the bomb run will drop bombs but they won't explode. They will land. :blink:

We know about the bomb drop thing, we will be fixing it in the next version. Can you get a screenie of that inviso infantry bug?

Mmmmm another bug I that should be fixed I think is the nemesis con yard repack...I think it was fixed though...

Another bug is sometimes killing civilian buildings result in crash...but I can like only remember once or twice...

:mellow:

here are a few bugs I have found today.

• Nemesis Vinifera Missile - So far, I have constantly played Genesis vs Nemesis (AI) on 3 seperate maps. Everytime the AI attempts to launch, game crashes.
  • Genesis Particle Shield - Tried to use this to protect myself incase of Nemesis Vinifera Missle. Caused immediate crash the moment I attempted deployment.
  • Genesis Leviathan - Ordered 5 to be produced. The moment the first one came out, I clicked on it to move it to a position it was needed at. Game crashed the moment I selected it.
Was going to just email this, but didn't know whom to so decided to use the forum instead. Hope you can get this working right as I must say, whomever did the designing is absolutely awesome!

The vinifera missile bug is solved.

First time I have seen that bug being reported, have it occured more than once? Any chance that the shield and the vinifera missile was used at the same time? Just trying to figure it out, I have not seen this myself so I need to test it further to know the cause.

The Leviathan should not cause any internal errors, at least not what I have seen but I will look into it.

Btw the forum is the right place for bug reports :) Most of the designs are made by Chrono and Godwin and there is more to come.

Oh great! You mean the Vinifera Missile bug no longer occurs in the internal version? What was causing it, do you know?

I have never had any problems with the Particle Shield. It is likely that the IE was caused by something else.

Same thing with the Leviathan.

I did however enounter an IE with something else just a minute ago when I was testing 5.0. I am going to try to create a similar situation to try to figure out the cause of the crash.

Edit: Okay, I enountered the exact same error as before. I had two Insertions worth of Seraphs move to a clifftop, deploy, and fire at a Nemesis Turret below. A few seconds later, the game crashes. This happened exactly the same as before. Next I will try it with attacking a different building from the clifftop and see if it crashes.

Edit: This time the AI build their base a little bit differently, so I didn't get a crash, even when attacking a Turret from the clifftop.

The Vinifera missile bug was caused by Nemesis AI being unable to properly target an upgraded Genesis building.

Ah, well, good for gamemate (or whoever) fixed it.

Also RedFox, if you want to play AR2 online sometime, talk to me on AIM or MSN.

Oh great! You mean the Vinifera Missile bug no longer occurs in the internal version? What was causing it, do you know?

I have never had any problems with the Particle Shield. It is likely that the IE was caused by something else.

Same thing with the Leviathan.

I did however enounter an IE with something else just a minute ago when I was testing 5.0. I am going to try to create a similar situation to try to figure out the cause of the crash.

Edit: Okay, I enountered the exact same error as before. I had two Insertions worth of Seraphs move to a clifftop, deploy, and fire at a Nemesis Turret below. A few seconds later, the game crashes. This happened exactly the same as before. Next I will try it with attacking a different building from the clifftop and see if it crashes.

Edit: This time the AI build their base a little bit differently, so I didn't get a crash, even when attacking a Turret from the clifftop.

Thanks, I believe I have found the reason behind 3 of the major internal errors with this information (AI behaviour again). Now all I need to do is find a way to fix them without new ones appearing.

Btw the vinifera bug was fixed by Chrono, I believe that some of the AI behaviour is faulty or needs changes to work properly in AR2.

Ah, so a lot of our problems are AI related then? Well I have no idea how to code the AI or do anything with the AI, so I'm glad you know what to do. Is there a way to make the AI just BETTER in general? The hard AI is too easy, although maybe this is incentive to play ppl online (wishful thinking)

Well if you do AI map triggers (Build this many units, do this), then you basically know how to script the AI with a very minor learning curve.

Okay, I got the same IE again and this time I took a screenie. The thing that the Seraphs are shooting is the Turret.

turretcrash.jpg