DerelictStudios Forums
Smurf Bizkit

Stop Complaining About The Ai

i figured out that scripts go with the map when I save it.

don't save it,export it then replace SkirmishScript.scb and if you want to open it import SkirmishScript.scb,of course import first :lol:

you save the script with the map if you're going to use it on the map not the ai <_<

when I opened up the skirmishscripts.scb, they are for ZH not blitz. And i have to go through an hour of 'Cannot find Humvee' and 'cannot find alliespowerplant'

So i want to know if there is another one for blitz, or if i should just do map scripts

Edited by Old Hickory

http://www.derelictstudios.net/forums/inde...opic=11585&st=0

try your luck i just hope your work won't end up like my ai

allies

can't build factories>waves of stuarts>2-6 shermans(including the starting sherman)>20 hellcats>6 pershing>1 m28>stop production(always)

axis

can't build factories>waves of pz38t>6 wirberwind>6-12 panzer4>10 panther V>4 tigers>2 maus>stop production(not always)

russia

builds ba10>russia dies(crash)

i have made a perfect ai for ZH that expands across the map out of there mains and build EVERYTHING even outside of its base and if aloud will build until it has dominated whole map like a human player

i am working on converting it to blitz.

ok hopefully i wont have any problems

ah i got aquestion,

in my mod i am working on i have someonehow screwed up the scudstorn it fires its missiles into the ground when it luianches and does no damage any ideas?

u could check my INI if i post it?

I've downloaded the 2.6.15 version of BlitzII. No AI, eh well. Is the Blitz older AI completely incompatable with the newer version? If not could we have the old AI as a sepearate download?

Thanks.

or you can just try and fix the ai :D (just don't failed like me <_< )

I have one IDEA to help in the AI problem.

I know all you already have think in start by 0%, but i think is the unique form to make AI for the new version of BlizkII.

Unfortunatelly, i dont know script AI's. :blink:

But i want help on something and i can give produtive IDEAS.

Example: I think all the problems have started on POWER PLANT, maybe the GLA AI builder can be usefull on somethig, because GLA no have Power Plant. ;)

To be honest, i think, solving the power plant AI problem, probably this AI starts to work fine.

Maybe not work 100% fine, but works, and this is one advance very very great. <_<

And more one thing:

I want ask something for BLITZKII MOD Creators. ;)

-Have any chance of put the power plant again on the game?

-I want know if this will not be a brutally excessively additional work for you.

Perhaps with the power plant again, the AI works and without troubles. :o

I wait my help could be usefull on something productive. <_<

:ph34r: Thanks. :ph34r:

Good news i have found the way to make the ai build the panzer3s,shermans and the allies building there aircrafts(am such a newbie why didn't i take a look at that on the first place,crap)but am still having problems with structures :P

-Have any chance of put the power plant again on the game?

-I want know if this will not be a brutally excessively additional work for you.

Perhaps with the power plant again, the AI works and without troubles.

I already suggested that :rolleyes:

Face facts that the AI will require a total rewrite for r3. Trying to bodge fixes on a release-per-release basis is why it is broken atm.

I think the next full installer or patch should extract a text file detailing that the AI doesn't work into the ZH folder

OfflineSkirmish.txt (user opens)

"The AI doesn't work."

or include it as a message in the installer - I believe this would indeed stop 99% of,

"y dn't teh AIz donnt workz lolz",

posts on the forums.

Also, include a very basic guide to setting up hamachi, and a download address as a text file which has an option to be opened at the end of the install process.

I think this would clear things up until r3, and it cant be hard to do.

The gains in not having to answer n00bs questions about AI and on-line questions would greatly outweigh the extra minutes to recode the end bit of the installer (perhaps in the next version v2.7)

here's another stupid question: there was a release where the AI worked well when a sort of patch was added. what happened to that patch? is there a chance it might be used with R2.6?

thing is, my gaming PC is not likely to ever go online or connect to a LAN, so i won't be able to enjoy all the fun Blitzkrieg offers. which i'd certainly like to :)

Well you will have to wait till r3, or play an older release.... The AI is broken beyond the point of just patching it. It needs a total rewrite.

You could always just try making your own scripted map like I do.

if i could do that, would i be posting here?

on the other hand, i'll gladly try our scripted map out :P

Theres a tutorial on how to make AI from scratch at revora(lol don't kill me for this)that is if you have time to read it thought cause its too LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG :lol:

Like Raptor said, scripted map can let you play against AI. I'm planning to make some mission maps on different theatres. Up to now the "Operation Winter Storm" is almost finished and 2 other mission maps should be ready "soon" . One of these maps called "From Paris to Berlin" let the player lead Allies troops from France to Berlin starting on december 1944. I'll make a post about it when these 3 maps will be completed....Stay tuned you all AI fanatics! :ph34r:

Edited by Neo

My only problem is i didn't learn how to make maps for ZH properly but i might try but don't expect maps from me reaching your level also am lacking practice now :P

most of my time is on cs mapping,no its wasted on the damn layout and the drawing board plus stupid sl0w specs <_<

also 2 new maps from Neo i can't wait :hb:

Yeah you guys are good in confuzing noobs like me, how do I set up a Skirmish game up where the AI actually does something?

Like me (axis) vs 4x Hard Army Axis?