DerelictStudios Forums
gamemate

Genesis Base Buildings

AR2 is slowly moving towards a release. We are finishing the last parts and trying to sort out as many bugs as possible.

Below is screenshot with some of the new buildings.

The two larger buildings in the water is the extractors. They serve as defensive buildings and they collect an amount vinifera to aid the player.

Below you can see the vison/revealer with it´s uppgrade, it gives the player an upperhand as it collects geographical information and reveals the battlefield. The plugin makes it possible to call in reinforcements.

The new clarifium uses drones to transport the vinifera from the battlefield to refine it and make it usefull. Further uppdates about this later on.

As you can see several of the designs are new, we will keep you uppdated with further screenshots and information before the realese.

scrn002.jpg

Check the forums for a larger screenshot :sick:

post-61-1090537677.jpg

It is actually quite easy to make the buildings this detailed, it just takes time and patience to fix the color problems you get when rendering them.

WOW. Those look more professional than the original RA2 buildings. These are the fruits of your labor and all other mods can only hope to have buildings that look as nice.

Oh, but that one building with the aurabelt behind it seems to have a bit of white anti-alias leftovers on it. Nothing bad, just a minor thing, really. The others look perfect. AR2 really has set so many standards in the modding community.

spider-man_2099: Thanks.

RedFox34: It might be because I run the game on high resolution :P The old schizogen was lost so I remodeled it, quite close but not an exact copy.

Rattuskid: Thanks, the work has been slow but as you said it has paid of. The Genesium with the AA problems will be fixed before the realese :P

Stealth-Raven: Thanks and welcome to derelictstudios, I noticed that this was your first post :angry:

I had no doubt you guys noticed that too. It was a smart idea to do it that way, as most of the AR2 maps are white. Hell, I barely noticed that.

I just have to say I love the monalithic style of the genesis structures. Quite impressive.

Very impressive. I can't wait to play it. The new aurabelts look more professional now, the Extractors look very nice, and my favourite has to be the Refinery: it looks very Star Wars. :(

!

!!!!!!!!!!!!

*cries in ahppiness*

No really that Refinery just absolution kicks ass!

Aurabelt is great but the Extracotr....ehhh its just not genesis-sy

:huh:

nice!!

But what is with that white stuff at the right side of the barracks? you may want to edit that out.

Edited by MadHQ

That is just AA that has effected the shadows, I mentioned that I would fix it before the release (Rattuskid also noticed it) :huh:

It rocks the casbah BUT one problem gamemete - the bomb charges don't explode on some maps :(

Nice Airshuift BTW ;)

The two larger buildings in the water is the extractors. They serve as defensive buildings and they collect an amount vinifera to aid the player.

Read the news ;)