DerelictStudios Forums
IG-88

You Have Encountered A Serious Error

Yeah, like the topic says, I'm up the doodoo creek with a spoon. It says it could be many things, like overheated software, viruses, yadda yadaa yadda... HA!

My computer is a frozen fortress. I downloaded the game from the main site, and I'm totally wnting to play it with my friends here at the LAN party, (from today until next Sunday, gotta love that, eh?), but I get this error. I read similar posts, but none of the suggestions I've read have worked. I had ProGen installed, but that's been unistalled for hours now, completely I might add, (I deleted the extras myself), but to no avail. I'm completely stumped here. Any ideas on what's causing this "serious error"?

Gracias in el advance-o,

IG-88

so the ZH has been updated right? are you sure the folder really clean without any other mods? and one more thing that i dont quite sure, are you using XP home edition?

Yep, clean as a whistle. I just did a full uninstal/reinstal/update, but I have the same issue.

Windows 2000

Intel Pentium 4 2.8ghz

1024mb memory

ATI Radeon 9800

Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum

other stuff that doesn't matter...

I'm cornfuzzled.

IG-88

i dont know what its about. since youre using Win2k. yet I never found someone who using win2k playing blitzkrieg2.

The problem isn't due to Blitz2 but most likely either remaining files or just ZH itself.

When you uninstalled the game did you completely delete the dir? Making sure to clean it out completely?

bizare my blitz game worked oke and today im confronted with that b1 eror :s

weird

can somebody tell me about it its so strange :s

greets pinbag

ERROR 1B - Cannot find the blitz/generals files. The user MUST have these files in the same directory or it WILL NOT start!:

WindowZH.big

MapsZH.big

INIZH.big

BlitzArt.Blitz

BlitzTerrain.Blitz

BlitzAudio.Blitz

BlitzINI.Blitz

BlitzMaps.Blitz

BlitzMissions.Blitz

BlitzWindow.Blitz

to late i deinstalled :rolleyes:

very strange

think im going to back up those filles

WindowZH.big

MapsZH.big

INIZH.big

BlitzArt.Blitz

BlitzTerrain.Blitz

BlitzAudio.Blitz

BlitzINI.Blitz

BlitzMaps.Blitz

BlitzMissions.Blitz

BlitzWindow.Blitz

and look in to it ^_^

greets pinbag

hey i installed ZH specifically to play blitz 2 into a dir with only my save games and i'm getting the same "serious error msg" as IG-88. any help guys? i have windows xp as well and ZH by itself runs absolutely fine.

I get serious error too, with my XP Pro. I think it's your graphics card.

Go to ZH, start a skirmish game, and scroll back and forth. If it lags, it's your RAM. If it flickers, it's your gfx card. Same problem as mine.

yeah im getting that serious error when i start up blitz aswell it will show the blitx screen with the 2 aircrft then the generals loading screen and then it crashe and gives me that serious error pop up

Yeah me too, mine di dthe same as pinbags. Ran fine, tehn i quit the game adn surfed the net for a while, tehn i cam back to play blitz ith a friend of mine an di get error 1b. its really wierd

Yeah, like the topic says, I'm up the doodoo creek with a spoon. It says it could be many things, like overheated software, viruses, yadda yadaa yadda... HA!

My computer is a frozen fortress. I downloaded the game from the main site, and I'm totally wnting to play it with my friends here at the LAN party, (from today until next Sunday, gotta love that, eh?), but I get this error. I read similar posts, but none of the suggestions I've read have worked. I had ProGen installed, but that's been unistalled for hours now, completely I might add, (I deleted the extras myself), but to no avail. I'm completely stumped here. Any ideas on what's causing this "serious error"?

Gracias in el advance-o,

IG-88

Solution

Hey there, just got onto this board but I have encountered this error before as well. Sometimes I would just start my computer and try to play ZH and I would get this error. I know it wasn't hot and I had no virus'..... more like a EA programming error.

My fix and it works on my machine is I add more to the virtual memory. I have lots of HD space so I crank it up to 2152 for minimum and 4096 Max. I rarely get this error now.

My Machine is:

AMD XP1800

1 gig mem

ATI 9800 vid card

3 - 60 gig HD running RAID on 2 of them.

XP Pro op sys

Edited by Zenner

Virtual memory is automatically controlled, so you shouldn't have to adjust it's size. If you want to, the manual override is under the performance tab in Control Panel->System in 9x/ME and under Control Panel->System->Advanced->Performance in 2K/XP.

Have you guys tried to update all your drivers? Including motherboard chipset drivers and such, it might solve your problem, doesn't mean it will but you can give it a go.

Virtual memory is automatically controlled, so you shouldn't have to adjust it's size. If you want to, the manual override is under the performance tab in Control Panel->System in 9x/ME and under Control Panel->System->Advanced->Performance in 2K/XP.

I know you shouldnt have to adjust it but what I did was add more to what it could use and I added to the minimum, for whatever reason it worked for me. I rarely ever get that error anymore. Sometimes if I am playing an 8 player map with allot of units I may get it but it almost never happens now.

And Generals and ZH are the ONLY games that I have had this error come up. I still blame the game and its programmers for inefficient code. I have played games with 10x the units on it with no slowdowns on a much slower machine then what I have now.

Eg Total Annihilation

Unit cap maxed to 500

10 players

10x500=5000 units possible

and I was playing this on a Pent Pro 233 with a 2 meg 2D/3D card and a 16 meg Daughter card. Memory was at 64 meg.

Gracias in el advance-o,

IG-88

i get that same message man... i dunno whats wrong... my zero hour runs fine, my generals runs fine...

i installed the game without a glitch... then when i tried to open it, it said update yada yada so i did that... and then i open it, it seems to open fine, but when i get to the second generals zero hour screen it comes up with that same error... ive tried uninstalling BZ but that doesnt work...

how did u guys get over the problem?

i get th same 2. i cranked up the Virtual memory but it didn't work? i got my version from pcgamer but because it didn't work i downloaded another. it still doesn't work, but genarals and ZH still work fine. tryed reinstalling ZH but didn't work? any suggestions?

2400xp AMD

512mb ram

9800 ati radeon

120gb hd