DerelictStudios Forums
Eisenhower

Blitz 2 Ram Requirement

his budget is quite small. and he will only use it for a year and half as he told me.

btw, i have 9600xt

radeon9600xt.jpg

do i see used condoms ???

ahaha

j/k

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah maskawaih its time to clean up your desk :lol:

its not my desk. its my bed :lol: lol

and trevor, i dont have gf. do i really need to masturbate using condoms? :lol: j/k

and eisenhower... yes, and its only a bunch of pirated games. there ARE more. ;)

I see a whole stack of pirated games. ;)

Anyway I'm pushing the budget up a little, and I'll probably get one of those GeForce 5***s.

Whats your budget range?

In Sing dollars. :D

In the Budget market ATI cards are the biggest bang for the buck. The High-end market is really just personal brand preference. I have used both the 9600XT and 9800 Pro and can say that they are both fantastic. If you are really on a budget go with the 9600XT (the Overdrive feature is fun :D ), otherwise go for the 9800 Pro, the 256 bit memory interface and extra pipes make a world of difference.

If you want to go for it all, just outrightly buy a 9800XT or X800XT PE, I know from experience that they will handle anything.

Edited by Falcon159

yeah, that Overdrive feature. :D playing for hours in full boost :P and suddenly the pc restarted due to overheat. its my mobo which is not enough cooling ability :P .

5500?

Is that new?

Right now, I dont recommend Nvidia cards cause theyre slower and take more juice. And some are more expensive.

expensive? Nvidia cards somewhat cheaper than Radeon :D

eisenhower said before, he wanted low budget card and gf5500 counterpart, r9500 is alot more expensive.

btw eisenhower, you have changed your avatar from what i've given to you! ^_^ try resize it using photoshop. kinda jerky.

The nvidia fx range was a laugh. Edit(Why did i write no pixel shaders... that was the gf4mx ....)Poor pixel shaders.. the only good one is the fx5200 simply cause its cheap for business pcs but it is already dead.

Edited by cubeos

What are you talking about?

The FX covers a lot of ground.

The 5800 was teh first card to support Pixel Shader 2. And the 6800 will be the first consumer card to support Picel Shader 3.

Even the 5200 had Pixel Shader 2 support.

Check up before you say anything cube.....

Hello...... The NVIDIA cards are slower because of their poor pixel shader abilities. Apart from the 6800 of course. But the FXS were shit. Radeons beat them at almost every game. The 6800 is a step in the right direction. They might support shader 2,but there not very good at it. They lag.

I wouldnt know.

Only a handful of games really demand pixel shader. So performance difference is measured differently except in next gen games.

I'm diverting this... conflict.

AETAaAS, yes, a 5500 is relatively new. It's FX, so it supports DX9, it's later than 5200, so it's fast, and it's Nvidia, so it's cheap. ATI Radeon 9600SE costs 20% more actually. Where I find it, a 128mb Nvidia GF FX5500 with DVI support is only S$153.

The 5500 being new didnt give time for game developers to write its name down. :P

It will definately be supported. That I can assure you of. :D

Weve never heard of the fx5500 so i am assuming the reason games say they dont support it is because there not asd uptodate.Quite a few games demand good pixel shaders. benchmarks prove that as the fxs fail to get nearly as good fps as ati cards on many games. but forget that. no ati card fully supports dx9.0c and as far as i no only one nvidia card does ..........the 6800. Lastly any ati radeon se sucks. Forget getting an se. hope this helps