DerelictStudios Forums
Sign in to follow this  
nukeboy_91

Need Help

hi,

i've been playing blitzkrieg for a while, but yesterday i lost my view when playing a map, al i can see are the units and structures and roads, but the anything else is black, just black.

i've already tried to reinstall whole generals, zero hour and blitzkrieg and got it all fully updated but there was still the same problem.

plz help me

Edited by nukeboy_91

That's your video card. It happens in some lanhouses n' it happened in my dad's PC too.

Try to reinstall the drivers.

Or change your video card...

nope, didn't work, my computer crashed as soon as i deleted nvidia

got it all up and running again but it still don't work :huh:

very strange, it DID worked 2 weeks ago <_<

no windows sp2, that's for sure, erm, the only thing i can remember is that i installed secondwave mod for zh, but after that blitz still worked, i try to del second wave, (btw in second wave and other mods same problem)

Uhmm... I dont really understand your previous post but heres the most relevant think I know, you cant play Blitz if annother mod is installed. :D

got them patched to 1.6 (vanilla) 1.2 (zh) and blitz to v0.38, and i'm now checking the graphic card, and i've got 512 MB RAM, Pentium 4 CPU 2.00 ghz and cloaking speed 2.01 ghz and directx 9.0c

Edited by nukeboy_91

here is a screenshot of my problem, maybe it's usefull

And the ground is not only black, i've discovered, sometimes (after alot of playtime) the ground turns white.

Screen problem

Edited by nukeboy_91

nukeboy, what you are seeing is the same thing I saw when I first tried playing Generals on my crappy old geforce2 card. It was only 64MB and all the textures were rendered black (usually), but sometimes flickered normal for a moment or went white. So it sounds like the RAM on your video card is definitely bad. I would stop mucking about with software and get a new vid card.

good luck!

So it sounds like the RAM on your video card is definitely bad. I would stop mucking about with software and get a new vid card.

My vid card and RAM is good, because everything worked for over an year, and 2 weeks or some ago this problem started

And is NVIDIA GeForce 2 MX/MX 400 a vidcard?

Edited by nukeboy_91

it's *old* dude - electronics aren't built like cars. Video cards can only heat up and cool down so many times before the circuitry cracks, corrodes, and generally craps out.