DerelictStudios Forums
Biohazard

Gather Round Children! It's Story Time!

- Once upon a time there was a funny looking KV-2. It was cute and Russian and very very tall. One day, the big bad German army came to conquer Mother Russia, so the plucky big KV-2 went to stop them. The Panzer Divison approached it and said "KV-2! KV-2! Please let us through or we'll destroy you!" but the KV-2 said NO! and wouldn't move (because it had run out of gas).

- The German Panzer Division said "You give us no choice!" and opened fire. The KV-2, not scared in the least by the puny weapons of the Germans, shot back! A furious battle ensued - "Boom Boom!" said the KV-2! "Crunch Crash!" went the Germans as the brave KV-2 destroyed several nasty Panzer tanks, but it was sad, because it's pretty green paint had been scratched. Night fell, and the KV-2 went to sleep.

- But the Germans weren't done with it! That very night, the Germans sent men sneaking up to it with big bombs to blow it sky high. The KV-2 slept soundly on, not hearing a thing because it was completely deaf from the day's battle. The next morning, the Germans set off the bombs! BOOM! But the KV-2 wasn't harmed! However, it was woken up and very very displeased. So it shot back at the mean Germans and blew up more of their tanks.

- By now the Germans were very very cross. Their advance into Mother Russia was waaaay behind schedule, so they decided to use Bigass Geschütz, the artillery battery. The KV-2 looked on as the Bigass Geschütz was towed up and put in place. Finally, the Germans pointed it at the KV-2 and said "We will kill you now!" but the KV-2 decided it was bored and wanted a new toy instead of the Bigass Geschütz. "Boom! Boom!" said the KV-2, and "Crunch Crash!" went the Bigass Geschütz. The KV-2 lived on, and the Germans were even more cross. Their advance into Mother Russia was now even further behind schedule!

- That very night the Germans brought up their biggest antitank guns and set them up behind the snoozing KV-2. Meanwhile, their remaining tanks went around the other side to distract it. The next morning, the German tanks went running up to rudely awake the KV-2. Oh was it mad! Everybody knows never to wake up a Russian with a vodka and cordite gunpoweder hangover! "Boom Boom!" said the KV-2, and "Crunch Crash!" went the German tanks! But then the Germans sprung their trap! The biggest antitank guns dropped their masks and shot the KV-2 in the butt! It was terrible! There was a trememdous explosion...

... and the KV-2 ceased to be.

- The Germans, in a state of euphoria over their victory lined up, pushed the poor dead KV-2 off the road and began advancing again into Mother Russia. However, they rejoiced too soon! The KV-2's friends, though unable to help in it's hour of need, were waiting in ambush for the Germans. The cocky jubilant Germans walked right into a trap. "Boom Boom!" went the KV-1s and BT-7's and T-26s that lay in wait! "Crunch Crash!" went the Germans! And the KV-2 was gloriously avenged.

- Today, the KV-2 is no longer among us, but his memory lives on, and Mother Russia was saved. At least for the time being.

The end!

(I wrote this as a "bedtime story" to a friend of mine completely spontaneously via IM. I copied it out of the log into here. Surprisingly enough, this is a true story. The KV-2 was one tough mother to take out)

Edited by Biohazard

I think you are saying a true story bio. I have read in my big tank book that a single KV-2 held up the advance of the entire 1st (i think) panzer division into russia. The knocked out the tracks but needed engineers to blow it away. It held up their advance for a few days i think.

I tought the KV-2 was using a howitzer cannon? :D

And its big assed turret made a sweet target ;)

ya,you are right.one rocket in the ass,and BOOM.but the tank didn't had any slopped armor(year 1939 you know)but it had shitloed,and whan I say shitloed I mean lots and lots of armor,if it was slooped,I don't even want to know what it could do.

KV-2 turret armor:

110mm front, 75mm side.

And yes, it used an M-10 152mm howitzer as a main gun. It wasn't a tank - it was artillery support/bunker buster.

KV-2 turret armor:

110mm front, 75mm side.

And yes, it used an M-10 152mm howitzer as a main gun. It wasn't a tank - it was artillery support/bunker buster.

but still,it can destroy other tanks,no ?

the KV-2 doesn't need to penetrate - the explosive force of the shell is usually enough to demolish a tank from outside. Shear the turret off, blast hatches apart, split welds, generally shake the bejesus out of the occupants and ammo inside...

Annoyingly cheap Russian technology at its best.

russain technology is cheap ? russain technology is best(alot better than thos expensive american technology)

Edited by bombloed

russain technology is cheap ? russain technology is best(alot better than thos expensive american technology

? clearly you are mistaken

then how come durinfg the six day war the arabs lost heaps of planes to the ameircan - israels f-16s... etc

and your saying that the mig -21 can still hold its own aginst the americans f-15s, f-16s ---- lol

look during the korean war when mig -15 jet fighters were beding downed by the hawker sea fury piston planes of the RAF

how come the russian tanks fell so easily during the first gulf war

yes russian technology is cheap why do you think the poorer countires are running around with them

yamato,you think you know everything,well ,you don't the arabs had lots and lots of aircraft(more than the isrealis had,alot more).during the six day war the isreali air-force destroyed lots of aircraft while they ware on the ground.not in the air.and another thing:the F-16 and F -15 WARE NOT used during the six day war.the arabs had mig-21, the IAF used mirag ,SNCSO (also SO.4050)wator,and mister 2B.and other aircraft.but F-15 and F-16 ware not used in that war.the F-16 was developed in 74' and the f-15 was developed in 72' (that was F-15 A ,later on ,the F15 I strike eagle was developed)

Edited by bombloed

Russian stuff aint that good.

But its cheap and reliable, as far as I know. :D

And why else would the Americans want to smack the towelheads in the Gulf?

Russian stuff aint that good.

But its cheap and reliable, as far as I know. :D

And why else would the Americans want to smack the towelheads in the Gulf?

AK-47 anyone ?

yamato,you think you know everything,well ,you don't the arabs had lots and lots of aircraft(more than the isrealis had,alot more).during the six day war the isreali air-force destroyed lots of aircraft while they ware on the ground.not in the air.and another thing:the F-16 and F -15 WARE NOT used during the six day war.the arabs had mig-21, the IAF used mirag ,SNCSO (also SO.4050)wator,and mister 2B.and other aircraft.but F-15 and F-16 ware not used in that war.the F-16 was developed in 74' and the f-15 was developed in 72' (that was F-15 A ,later on ,the F15 I strike eagle was developed)

Still the Russians generally had the inferior technology to NATO forces. The Russians relied on cheapness and quantity over technology. They also spent a lot of time stealing NATO technology and trying to copy it.

lol, reliability ain't a quality of Russian stuff - many of their tank engines were so poorly made that they'd be filled with metal shavings and become unuseable after only 500 hours of use. 500 hours! That's nothing for an engine! The Russians had a few gems. The IS series. The Kalashnikov assault rifle. The Mig 29. However, taken as a whole, the Russians still lagged behind NATO by at least a decade, especially in terms of electronics. The Russian navy especially was far inferior to the American blue water fleet.