DerelictStudios Forums
RedFox34

Ar2 6.0 Ideas

These are some various things which I think would be cool to see in 6.0.

Genesis Units

-Decimators should only be producable on water maps.

-Actually, Genesis's units are very balanced. The proof of this is that I can't think of any units that wouldn't be dead useless.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Genesis Structures

-An upgrade for the Venagenium that cloaks all Genesis units in a wide radius. However, if this upgrade is purchased the Aureole upgrade cannot be purchased also. Idea for a name is the Dissimulator upgrade.

-An upgrade for the Extractor that "filters" the Vinifera of ocean manna and dirt suctioned up from the bottom of the ocean, producing a cleaner and more valuable strain of Vinifera. Basically it provides a little bit more income from an extractor, but not so much as to give the Genesis player unlimited money. Idea for a name is the Percolator upgrade.

-Snow on Genesis structures.

Nemesis Units

-The Sapper can only capture the Genesis Weapon Factory, right? If not, it should.

-Maybe for a level in the campaign, the Nemesis can have combat trains with heavy defense turrets.They could also transport units. Only for the campaign, I can't see much use for them in a skirmish.

-The Iceblink seems pretty much useless. Maybe you could increase it's usefulness somehow...?

Nemesis Structures

-New Nemesis walls? I don't know why they were removed. If they were put back in, they could look tall and intimidating.

-A Nemesis naval defense armed with a fast-firing barrage of missiles. You could call it the Cerberus.

Other

-City Structures half buried with snow, or city structures covered up to the ceiling with snow. This would allow for an deserted feel for a town beneath the ice...

-A group of Atrigans which worship the Scrin. They assist the Scrin at points in the Nemesis campaign, but are eventually wiped out by their 'gods'. They could be a seperate mini-faction entirely, or they could use Nemesis equipment and be colored dark green. An idea for a name is the Proxy.

-Underground terrain for Nemesis cities. This is the one idea I have that I seriously doubt would be practical but would be nice anyway.

-Abandoned Aura mines.

-The score screens need to be updated, as do the loading screens.

-Some new, interesting maps for skirmish.

-Eventually, our own internet client/server! :P

These are some various things which I think would be cool to see in 6.0.

Genesis Units

-Decimators should only be producable on water maps.

Why? Their railgun is a great anti infantry weapon

-Actually, Genesis's units are very balanced. The proof of this is that I can't think of any units that wouldn't be dead useless.

Well yeah...

Genesis Structures

-An upgrade for the Venagenium that cloaks all Genesis units in a wide radius. However, if this upgrade is purchased the Aureole upgrade cannot be purchased also. Idea for a name is the Dissimulator upgrade.

It's an idea. Gotta remember balancing issues though, and I think we could come up with a useful and satisfactory balancing addition to the Nemesis arsenal.

-An upgrade for the Extractor that "filters" the Vinifera of ocean manna and dirt suctioned up from the bottom of the ocean, producing a cleaner and more valuable strain of Vinifera. Basically it provides a little bit more income from an extractor, but not so much as to give the Genesis player unlimited money. Idea for a name is the Percolator upgrade.

Bleh, I don't like it.

-Snow on Genesis structures.

It will be added eventually

Nemesis Units

-The Sapper can only capture the Genesis Weapon Factory, right? If not, it should.

It WILL be done!

-Maybe for a level in the campaign, the Nemesis can have combat trains with heavy defense turrets.They could also transport units. Only for the campaign, I can't see much use for them in a skirmish.

I dunno about this.

-The Iceblink seems pretty much useless. Maybe you could increase it's usefulness somehow...?

I don't see how it is useless. It is a fast, naval unit with moderate armor and firepower.

Nemesis Structures

-New Nemesis walls? I don't know why they were removed. If they were put back in, they could look tall and intimidating.

Possibly, but it is probably not worth the time

-A Nemesis naval defense armed with a fast-firing barrage of missiles. You could call it the Cerberus.

Why not just build UNITS?!?!

Other

-City Structures half buried with snow, or city structures covered up to the ceiling with snow. This would allow for an deserted feel for a town beneath the ice...

What a sweet idea! Thanks for contributing... really!

-A group of Atrigans which worship the Scrin. They assist the Scrin at points in the Nemesis campaign, but are eventually wiped out by their 'gods'. They could be a seperate mini-faction entirely, or they could use Nemesis equipment and be colored dark green. An idea for a name is the Proxy.

Hmmmm...

-Underground terrain for Nemesis cities. This is the one idea I have that I seriously doubt would be practical but would be nice anyway.

No

-Abandoned Aura mines.

Interesting idea.

-The score screens need to be updated, as do the loading screens.

-Some new, interesting maps for skirmish.

It will be done

-Eventually, our own internet client/server! :P

No say on that...

The Decimator is useless on land maps, because even if it is effective against infantry it is much more effective to use Jackals or Enforcers filled with infantry which fire faster than a Decimator does. The Decimator only truly shines when it can be deployed against amphibous units.

As for the Iceblink, well, there is really no point to building it as Jackals and Enforcers filled with infantry or any Genesis aircraft pretty much slaughter Iceblinks very effectively, in the case of the Jackals and Enforcers before any significant group of Iceblinks can be produced. And a Hailstorm's missiles circle around aircraft most of the time and miss completely. There really is no reason to build Iceblinks in the current version, because if you need to protect your Hailstorms, Conscripts are cheaper and much more effective.

Thanks for the feedback :)

I don't think the storyline needs a "Proxy" side; it reminds me of the Freespace games (Hammer of Light in FS1, and the rebel Terrans in FS2)

Abandoned aureon mines sound good, although it will take plenty of work for the crew to make something as large as tmapm's screen resolution :lol:

It is not hard but if it will be added is a different story, atm there is several other things being done (infantry, fauna and civilian buildings). This might be considered if the team wants it ingame.

im sure there are people who took to neither sides and live on the surface after the first invasion, but i doubt they worship the scrin, they probably fear them, and maybe everyone too, and will try to protect everything that they have

thse groups however, will not come to play a major significant role in the story

abandoned aureon mines can serve no real purpose other than decoration; the reason they are abandoned is that the aureon pits of that mine have collapsed and stopped producing a continual and commercially usable form of aureon.

abandoned aureon mines can serve no real purpose other than decoration; the reason they are abandoned is that the aureon pits of that mine have collapsed and stopped producing a continual and commercially usable form of aureon.

That was the intention: Abandoned Aureon mines would serve as interesting civilian structures, as would the buildings that have sunk into the ice or buried beneath the snow. As for the rest of the stuff, they were only some ideas, but I would really like to see the Dissimulator upgrade in 6.0, providing it could be balanced.

im sure there are people who took to neither sides and live on the surface after the first invasion, but i doubt they worship the scrin, they probably fear them, and maybe everyone too, and will try to protect everything that they have

thse groups however, will not come to play a major significant role in the story

well some of those non genesis top siders might have joined the scrin under the impression of "if you cant beat them, join them!"

Hmmm I was thinking...

1. Iceblinks are WEAK?! Hell no! A pack can slaughter! Unless I havent played in sooo long ; )

2. As soon as I get my comp back I am going to be returning to my job I haven't done for months - make maps!

^_^