DerelictStudios Forums
decwreck

Aaow2

I know they do it but they use 3 or 4 chutes they can drop light armor.

but they dont have pilots in them. Hummvees and light tanks but not a MBT with those you have to watch out which roads you can take them on because they are so heavy. but you can paradrop light tanks and hummvees.

Your dad did not drop M1A1s. I think I C-5 can carry one Abrams at a time. Your dad probably flew them to different bases and unloaded them, but I highly doubt he dropped them. A parachute just isn't going to hold a 60 ton tank.

1 M-1 and 2 bradly's

just curious....what model Abrams are we talkin here....i am hearing M1A1's and M1A2's......

The A1's were the first model, but then the armor was beefed up and the tank side covers were extended down to give better protection by the tracks.....the A2 is like another 10 tons more than the A1 cause of more armor, but i was just wondering cause you guys get them mixed up. I know we are using the A2 varient in Iraq now, most A1's are back home in training bases, cause the only difference between the 2 is the armor and prolly some placement of componets in the tank....

A1 was not the first. The originoal Abrams was just the M1, then the M1A1. then the M1A2. A1 is the most common, but the A2 has an NBC system, which makes it the more likely choice in a future battlefield where Bio weapons are becoming so much more common.

Edited by Opals25

ok first of all STOP WHINEING 2nd my idea ITS MINE was to have a new airfiled and have the ability to build cargo planes then loading it up then haveing a new builder infantry build a quick cheap dirt landing strip then the cargo plane would land on it let off its cargo and fly back to base why an infantry guy would build it because you can use a helicopter to transport him say the 2 bases are blocked bye a mountain thats why the infantry guy would be best so its a way to get units quickly transported across the battle field pcteen liked this idea i hope hes going to use it i think it would make everyone happy vlaa instant transportation vehicles tanks infantry etc etc

Edited by usafirewarrior

usafirewarrior, I'm going to have to as kthat you at least try to use some corect grammar, it's very hard to understand what you're trying to say... :blink:

It's just that the USA in C&C Generals AND Real Life, is built around Air Mobility. Excluding the Abrams every other know equipment in the US ground arsenal can be transported via Helo or a C-130. Just Hard Code the Abrams transport size to be larger then the Super Stallion can carry and have a "lighter tank" for that purpose like the M8 or the M551 Sherdian (Used up to the Gulf War in the Airborne Regiments) Since the USA in-game is structured around Technology and Finesse and not pure knock out power there needs to be a way to insert Armor in a enemys weak flank without have to trudge my Abrams through his Front Line first!

Also, bring back the NBC Suits for infantry, I'm tired of waiting for my Med-Vac Humvee to finally realize that my infantry is wading around in Anthrax-Gamma, can you also increase the heal rate of the Bradley on friendly troops? It's almost inpercepetable, not to mention it's Bushmaster 20mm does pathetic damage against enemy infantry!

But the USA still needs NBC Suits to protect against the VX Agents that the Iraqi Generals can deploy against US Forces. Plus is there a way to increase the Med-Vac Humvee's reaction time in dealing with contaniments (SP)? That 5-6 second delay is enough to get all but my most experienced soldiers killed! (Even with their upgraded armor from the Hold the Line Battle Strat.)

Modern day we can't drop a tank if we wanted to. Due to planes just not being able to carry that. Even the C-5 can't lift it and it can carry 8 Greyhound buses! :o

Actually, there are some planes that can carry several tanks......Just thought I'd let you know. B)

So, you want a link? Fine. http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/11.01/start.html?pg=4

The plane it talks about here can carry 17 M1A1's. Happy now? Or do you want another link? B)

Edited by Deathwind

We know, the C5A Can carry 2 M1A2s, but that doesn't mean the M1A2 can be paradropped safely.

Edited by Opals25

We know, the C5A Can carry 2 M1A2s, but that doesn't mean the M1A2 can be paradropped safely.

You put enough big parachutes on anything (and I mean ANYTHING) and you can drop it safely.

Modern day we can't drop a tank if we wanted to. Due to planes just not being able to carry that. Even the C-5 can't lift it and it can carry 8 Greyhound buses! :o

Actually, there are some planes that can carry several tanks......Just thought I'd let you know. B)

So, you want a link? Fine. http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/11.01/start.html?pg=4

The plane it talks about here can carry 17 M1A1's. Happy now? Or do you want another link? B)

:angry: US basterds, that idea has already been deweloped in the USSR, there was a giant plane known as Kaspien monster which did the same and was about the same size. But that is all in the past, the plane is not in service, it is somewhere just, well rotting up. It`s all the same this once super power, with its army, technology, and high living standards is now nothing more then a meer gloryfied banana republick with nuchlear arms, :( How ever they left the world with lots of high tech stuff so i thank them..

I don't think a giant plane like that would be very effecient, why not use a naval transport instead? And high standard of living in the USSR? Hahaha. Maybe for the elite ruling class.

I don't think a giant plane like that would be very effecient, why not use a naval transport instead? And high standard of living in the USSR? Hahaha. Maybe for the elite ruling class.

What do you mean by "not very efficient"? Did you not read about it? It is very fuel efficient and pretty fast. Plus, flying at 20 ft. you are usually going to be under their radar so you wouldnt really have to worry about being spotted.