DerelictStudios Forums
Guest Blackbird

F-5e Skin

Guest Blackbird

I just finished that F-5E skin and wanted some comments about it.

Untexture models

1024_3961336534646536.jpg

1024_3637316631646233.jpg

Textured one

1024_6434666665306333.jpg

The US Navy Fighter Weapons School (the so-called "Top Gun" school) at NAS Miramar acquired a total of ten F-5Es and three F-5Fs for dissimilar air combat training. Because of the F-5's characteristics, which were similar to the MiG-21, was used as 'agressor' aircraft, equipping the FWS and VF-126 at NAS Miramar, plus VF-43 at NAS Oceana. All three units later disposed of their Tiger IIs in favor of the General Dynamics F-16N. These Tiger IIs were passed on to VF-95 at NAS Key West and VFA-127 at NAS Fallon. During FY 1996, VFC-13 moved from NAS Miramar, CA, to NAS Fallon, NV, and transitioned from 12 F/A-18 to 25 F-5 aircraft. VFC-13's flight hour program will increase to offset the scheduled decommissioning of the two remaining Active Component adversary squadrons, VF-45 and VFA-127. This transition to the F-5 adversary aircraft will provide Active and Reserve Navy pilots with air-to-air combat training at significant savings to the taxpayer. Recent estimates show that the F-5 can be operated at one third of what it costs to operate an F/A-18.

f_5e.jpg

Edited by Blackbird

It looks amazing!

But how are you going to make it fit into the mod?

You certainly can't give it to the United States.

Edited by Yuri Kenobi

I don't think someone who specializes in air would use a mass-produced, outdated fighterplane. More like F-22 and JSF.

And how exactly do you whip up models so fast? Flyby said his B-17 took a total of 50 hours. Also, this looks a bit high poly to have been modeled for gen from the start. Maybe it's your way of making models to make a high-poly one and simplify, I don't know.

Guest Blackbird

I didn't made them fast lol

I didn't do anything else this weekend cause im sick.

So i made the jagdpanther and the F-5 was made while the week.

Well, it really can't be in a mod that takes place in near future.

It's almost never used anymore today.

Even the F-18 is getting outdated for when this mod takes place.

But the model is great!

How many polys is that?

Edited by Yuri Kenobi

Guest Blackbird

By now 2000 but if we really would use it i would take polys out to make it compatible with C&C

looks like almost everybody is saying no way to your F-5 model basiclly, BlackBird. But don't fell discourged, just move on and try to make a model of a U.S. in this period of time(almost 2005, about 41 days 'til new years day)

Guest Blackbird

I think i will stop posting anything of my work here.

All (the people that posted against the panther,F-5E and the BMP) are such poor jealous people.

You're really pitiful. Using your stats as moderator to close a thread of a model posted in the AAOW forums where u junkies can get the hell out.

Say that my models are stolen but you if you search you don't find the models and the panther isn't a modified gunpoint model.

You just have no life except of modelling for mods and when someone makes something better you get upset about it.

poor pitiful people you are....

I think i will stop posting anything of my work here.

All (the people that posted against the panther,F-5E and the BMP) are such poor jealous people.

You're really pitiful. Using your stats as moderator to close a thread of a model posted in the AAOW forums where u junkies can get the hell out.

Say that my models are stolen but you if you search you don't find the models and the panther isn't a modified gunpoint model.

You just have no life except of modelling for mods and when someone makes something better you get upset about it.

poor pitiful people you are....

nobody here is a moderator

whatever, by attempting to use insults to raise your standing, you just degraded yourself, admit it, you bloody thief

if you were that good, where's your other work?

why dont you model something that WORKS for AAOW? that can be put ingame? instead of wasting time around here?

and oh no, not just your time, because no one really gives a shit about the time you waste, i mean OUR time, stop wasting OUR FUCKING TIME AROUND HERE

YOU better get a life, you didnt make anything better because you didnt even make it

if you really made them, i want you to show wireframe pictures, uvmap, clear unwrapped and fully skinned for proof that you did make them

dont you dare give me shit like "oh it's on another computer" or "it's on my dad's computer cos it's fast and i cant usually access it" because i wont buy it.

but then again, im very sure you didnt make them

look, you couldnt even make a proper sig image, there's no way you could've made that texture

some people have also pointed out time periods, it's impossible to make 3 accurate high poly models like these in a week, it takes months of work, including research

furthermore, you said it's 2000 polies, which at one glance to anyone who knows models, will know that its utter bullshit

to further reinforce my point that you didnt make those models, anyone of that calibre would never say something as idiotic as this, because modelling those would take much more effort and time than modding is, you obviously have a great life i see, so i have no idea how you can model them

wait, no, get a life, seriously, this isnt funny, it doesnt make you look smart, on the contrary, it makes you look stupid

Edited by Godwin

Guest Blackbird

LOL

jealous....

You get your prooves jealous godwin and i did learn modding by a very good modder and i only started i while a go to make good models like that. The old ones weren't for AAOW or some other mod.

some stuff...

*yawn*

i reiterate

if you really made them, i want you to show wireframe pictures, uvmap, clear unwrapped and fully skinned for proof that you did make them

if you cannot, then shut the hell up

Edited by Godwin

Guest Blackbird

I stole these wireframe pictures at gunpoint don't tell it anybody....

I can't understand why you got fucked up about that so much.

You might be a much better modder i don't know i just learned it from a person in about 14 hours.

You might have learned it from FAQ's so it's normal that you can't learn it same good and fast as from a person....

1024_3734313565626365.jpg

1024_3633633933363438.jpg

ooh, so first you made them then now you stole them?

even using the word "steal"... i mean, "borrow" would even be a nicer word to use... ok since you're not great at english i wont blame you for that

look dude, i dont hate you, so you can "fuck me around" all you want, my point is that, this is wrong, you dont go around saying "look i modelled skinned this!" when you couldnt even model, so wake up and get on with the programme

Edited by Godwin