DerelictStudios Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EvilViking

An Act Of War To Feature A Navy!

It's time for another update! To start off, we've got a new team member, imustkill. He'll be mapping and scripting missions for both the USA and Iraq. He's currently working on a bonus mission (outside of the mission plot) to be released with v2.0.

As you can tell from the title, v2.0 will feature a Navy for all sides (Iraq and the USA in v2.0, North Korea as well in v3.0). This idea was cooked up by team modeler Garrick. Unlike other mods, where a Navy is a nuicance to create or is simply overpowered, the An Act of War navy will compliment the ground battle, not overpower it. There will be three ships for each side:

- Light attack, this ship can attack other ships or targets within range on shore

- Anti-air, self-explanitory, these ships can provide mobile AA on the water

- Transport, such as Hovercrafts or landing craft to transport tanks and troops

Let's take a look at the first naval unit to be finished, the USA Gunboat, modeled by Garrick. The Gunboat will be armed with a medium-strength cannon, and can be upgraded to missiles:

USAGunboat_s.jpg

Also to show off today is the USA's new CG-47 Cruiser. This unit will not be buildable, but will be part of several singleplayer missions. The CG-47 is armed with powerfull dual 120mm cannons, or a single 120mm and duel missile launchers (shown):

CG47_s.jpg

It will replace the current Destroyer seen in v1.0 and v1.1. Post your comments or suggestions by clicking the link below!

- PCTeen1

finally you anounce the navy *clap clap clap* great boats THEY LOOK AWSOME too bad the destroyer will get reaplaced o and welcome new team member i look forward to useing the navy

We'll find out when PCTeen1 tells about that, Yuri Kenobi.

How else would we find out, ask a random guy on the street? :blink:

I was just trying to hint that what I had quoted was a bit obvious, sorta like saying "We'll find out how to add 2 and 3 when the pre-K teacher tells us" Plus, saying "We'll find out when PCTeen1 tells about that, Yuri Kenobi." doesn't really help with his question. :P

Anyways, very nice ships, except the missile launchers on the bottom one look a little off. Too bright maybe?

Any chance of seeing CG-52 or later? The Mk-41 VLS is a very cool system. You could probably even make the missiles look like they've been launched with a bit of clever art.

:)

Nevermind, Freedom. Yuri Kenobi, most Generels/ZH mods that include navy I seen hasn't been able to get the AI to use the navy or attack enemy navies. But PCTeen1 and Garrick maybe able change that.

Edited by Black DoomsDragon

Sign in to follow this