DerelictStudios Forums
EvilViking

An Act Of War Update

Hey everyone! I'm sorry it's been so long since our last update, but I've been having a ton of PC problems of the past few months, leading to corrupted data, ruined files, and an unreliable computer. Lucky, only a few really important things were lost, and work is continuing! Today, I've got updates on the AAOW Navy, as well as the M1A2:

First off, the United State's new anti-aircraft watercraft, the AA (Anti-aircraft) Gunboat! More expensive then the regular Gunboat, the AA Gunboat is armed with the RIM-7 missile system, as well as the Phalanx close-in weapons system for any aircraft or missiles the stray too close:

AAGunboat_s.jpg

And ingame:

AANavy_s.jpg

I've also added the RIM-7 to the CG-47 Cruiser, replacing the old, nonexistant missile launcher it had:

CG47_RIM7_s.jpg

This is the Tech Naval Yard, found on maps where a Navy can be built. Created by Garrick and myself:

SY01_s.jpg

SY02_s.jpg

SY03_s.jpg

SY04_s.jpg

And here's a screenshot of the normal U.S. Gunboat, bombarding a Chinese base:

USNavy_s.jpg

Finally, here's a screenshot of the M1A2 ingame (seen in USA Mission 01):

M1A2Ingame_s.jpg

Whew! :lol: Well, that should tide you guys over for now. Remember, we're always looking for more help! We're currently in the market for:

- Modelers

- Textures

- Map scripters/creators

- Photoshop artists (for things like menu screens and logos)

All jobs require previous experiance and examples! :) If you're interested in helping out in any way, email me: PCTeen1[AT]cncgames.every1.net!

the M1A2 looks very nice ingame, and the AA gunboat is very nice as well. and the change of the Cruiser's AA missile system is good too. Can't wait to beat up the Chinese with those Gun boats, but Iraq's specialty in Artillery on the offense, and defense will prove to be difficult to assault close on the water or land. But it's nice to have a small armed naval vessel like the AA Gunboat to keep enemy aircraft( and missiles) at bay

Very nice job, looks good. It's really cool that you're adding a navy, not enough modification teams are doing that. ;)

Edited by Pranadev

mmm nice

the coastal area of that map needs a little improving on terrain texturing though, i don't think that stripey grass pattern looks very apt, and it ends rather abruptly next to the sand

awsome but i think the usa should also get a better gunboat and the hovercraft armed with 2 mgs because the united states needs something uniqe so why not a more powerful navy

awsome but i think the usa should also get a better gunboat and the hovercraft armed with 2 mgs because the united states needs something uniqe so why not a more powerful navy

did you look at the first post?

awsome but i think the usa should also get a better gunboat and the hovercraft armed with 2 mgs  because the united states needs something uniqe so why not a more powerful navy

did you look at the first post?

yes i did only the aa boat has been enhanced :rolleyes: i was suggesting that the other 2 be enhanced too i dont know if your planning to because you havent told us

Thats nice, espically on my map....heheheh, im so proud (tear falls) lol anyway, this looks nice, can't wait to get the newer version and test it out. Now that we have proper navy, i guess i can start on some different maps featuring navy......sound good to you all?