DerelictStudios Forums
Deathwind

Best Gun For The USA Delta Force.

Which gun do you think would be best for the Delta Force soldier?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Which gun do you think would be best for the Delta Force soldier?

• M4/M16
    • OICW
    • XM8

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: This topic is so funny cause none of you are listening to facts that are out there. M-8 IS GOING TO REPLACE THE M4!!!! No joke this is no rumor. A lot of guys are really hiped up about it in the army cause its a much more reliable and accurate gun. Besides OICW SUCKS!!!! Ive met people whove used it....Its too damn heavy the recoil is about the same as the M-16 (if not worse) and the whole idea about 20mm.....I thin what they said was, and i quote "Fuck the 20 mil....give me the big 40 mil anyday!" Not to mention that the XM-8 has so many different upgrades to it, so it could be used as a sniper rifle, Machine gun, and a spec ops weapon. Its that good, but i chose M4 in the vote cause Viking says it isnt changing....so whats the fuss worth? Nothing. M4 All the way.

Oh yah, and by the way. the CAR-15 is the older version of the M4. It is no longer in service. Ive asked the MPs about it. Nope its trash heap now. The M4 is pretty much the main weapon of americas military today. so Hey! Play along! :lol:

I've talked to alot of different people. Some said OICW rocks, other said XM-8 rocks. And yes, they were all in the army/marines. So this is a preferance thing, not a statistics thing.

:rolleyes: the mainstay of us spec ops still uses the m-4 because the military has a mass stock pile of them and they havent been rendered obsolete to any enemy yet, sooo to make it anywhere near accurate with the us spec ops id have to say m-4

Its too damn heavy the recoil is about the same as the M-16 (if not worse)

You know the recoul on the M-16 is gentle enough for a 12 year old right?

Hahaha. No, its not. Thats like saying getting shot in the head with a .22 can't hurt you. They have kick, its just relatively low compared to an AK. I've shot the Semi-auto version, and those things are beasts. Beasts.

my dad has an vietnam era m-16 with standard scope attachment, he loves to shoot it, but ammo for that thing dont come cheap :P

The OICW project was canned, its too large (imgaine trying to cram a few soldiers with OICW's inside the back of a bradey) too expensive and the list goes on. The XM8 is looking to be the premier weapon for the U.S Army buts not for sure yet. U.S SOCOM is more interested into the FN SCAR rather than the XM8.

fn_scarh_cqc.jpg

OICW lmao yeah real professinal i can imagine a spec ops squad with those attempting to infilrate an enemy building with that thing... its a mammoth... the m-4 is a smaller version of the m-16 for special ops because an m-16 isnt the gun of choice for storming a close quaters area... the OIWC is to big, bulky and something i wouldnt want to take into combat with me.

Mario, I doubt you would want to go into combat at all. (I know I don't) But I go with the M-4. Its served us good for years, its got an ass-load of attachments, its way accurate, and its light and compact, and is easily silenced.

I call XM-8, it's lighter than the M-4 comes with a scope standard, and is very easy to take apart and put back together (via locking pins). Not to mention the AR version can be fired accurately one-handed!

for info check here:

XM-8 Videos

@Rishon-He fired it one handed, but not accuratly. It never showed where he hit.

Plus the M-4 is very easily taken apart. Why do you think its in use right now, in Iraq? If it wasn't easy to take apart, then the sand would kill the gun. I think you need to do more studying than just watching one media clip about it.

Also the OICW looks cool, and spec-opish. Do you really want special-ops using guns that look like toys? :rolleyes:

Edited by Dag

Plus the OICW looks cool, and spec-opish. Do you really want special-ops using guns that look like toys? :rolleyes:

Do you want Spec-ops using obese weapons that have been cancelled by the military because of their weight? I think not. It's not about looks, it's about functionality. In this contest, the OICW loses because of its weight and bulkyness.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Coool Beans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got to hold a LAW and shoot it at the bsae gun range. WOWOWOWOWOW.

oh yah, and by the way. the guys at the range say that they hate the OICW but think its must be cool to have a 20mm. Theyd prefer if we used the XM-8 Cause they like how they look and feel in there hands. LOL idk its what they said.