DerelictStudios Forums
the baker

Hitler And His Rise To Power

much has been said about Hitler and his rise to power and how he did it. There has been many shows and TV about this topic. I am wondering how much everyone else knows about the mad man and how he got to power. Lets see how much you guys know about the Pre- WW2 and how it happened???

Edited by the baker

i think its sumthing like that the germans are opressed and lots of bad stuff is happening to there economy and hitler comes around saying oh its all the jews fault and gets elected or something like that.

:lol: wrong

Hitler came to power for a number of reasons which i will point out in this essay

the most important theme in this essay i will talk about is NegativeCohesion this can be simiplyed to Hitler came to power not people liked him or liked Nazi Party Polociys and what they aimed to do in if they came to power as many other German Parities at the time had some of the much same ideals and Polociys what was different was Hitler and the Nazi Party played on peoples fears and dislikes people voted for th Nazi Party becuase they feared the same things as they did this is called ( NegativeCohesion ) also Hitlers Nzai party Polociy appeled to everyone next another factor was the Weimar Republic

Firstly i would like to talk about the birth of the Weimar Republic after ww1 many Germans called then the November Chrimanals for signing the treaty of Versailes in 1919 they belived that Germany had not been defeated in 1918 as the fighting was still going on France and not on German soil as proof that Gemrany had not been defeated but the German Army was in the verge of total collapse it was the idea of the army generals who said they where not close to defeat justo to not pin the blame of the deafeat of the war to themsleves and the real reason why they were defeared was what was called stab in the back theory which most Germans Believed was right teh theory goes like this the Weimar Goverment who had been just set up timely just before the end of the first world war betrayed there own people by signing the peace agreement so in turn right at the birth of the Weimar Republic it was hated and unpopular with the German people and was doomed from the out set

this idea was ramed home by a number of events a important one i will talk about here is the hyperinflation of 1923 where the German goverment simply prtinted monry to pay off war payments this caused massive decrese in the Value of German Mark. The value of the Mark declined from 4.2 per US dollar to 1,000,000 per dollar by August 1923 and 4,200,000,000,000 per dollar on November 20.

the Weimar Goverment toke this oppunity to pay off its war bonds with worthless monery making many Germany Angry Hitler siad "the goverment has become the biggist swinndlder" something like that i cant remember the exact Quote to move on

Mnay Germans dispised the New Democratic elections and new Democratic goverment they has alwayz been ruled by a strong leader such as the Kaisers or Hitler Demococy was seen as weak

this was only proven by the 1930,s Great Depression which the Weimar Goverment could not solve even by new elections and this pushed up again the inflation this was mostly due to the Germans style of Goverment of Poporttional reperesntation in Paliment was it was hard for any one Party to gain a Majorty vote and do that they wanted with out having to have a collation with one or more parties to get the Majority of coruse there was the condition that some there own poloiciys came though which made the Goverment Indecisive which relates back to make them look weak which make them more unpopular amoung the Masses

Hitler Exposed this he hated the Weimar Goverment as they where the November Chrimicals and many other Germans also hated them gaining there vote

In the early years of the Weimar Goverment there was a massive anti-communist climate there was a fear of the commmuinists taking over Germany this thread was stregthed as the Communists just toke over in Russia next door

also in 1920 toke place the Kapp Putsch which Communists tried to take over Germany and set up a Communist Goverment this failed this only made people more scared and more parinoid about the Communist take over.

Also the ReichStag fire was Blamed on Communits to further the peoples Fears of a Communist take over

Hitler of course hated Communits and sent his Brown Shirts SA agaisnt them and this gaine the support of the Unionists and Industrailts and the Bussiness Owners as they also hated the Communists and feared if the Communists toke over they would lose there professtion and there factotires,shops,......etc

Farmers feared Communists as well as they did not want to lose there land which they worked on and be moved to communes which would have happended if they toke over

the Army supported the Nazi party and Hitler as he promissed to make Germany Strong again, break the treaty of Versiailes which limited there army to 100,000 men this in turn gained the support of the German Junker Class which had the money and Power

the Poor supported them as he Promissed Jobs and good pay by such projects which would turn out to be the Auto Ban for Example

the Nazi Party appealed to some middle calss as well by promissing bonouses and setting up of Unions and more Polotical say

May be continued later................

hey, you are right on how his rise to power came to be. Only people who think that Hitler came to power over blaming the jews are incorect (or crazy :lol: )

Essay is pretty good yamoto, you seem to know your ww2 stuff

Edited by {LD}Firestorm

well i could continue but takes a long time as theres no much to say and theres too many important events which takes places such as the Munich Putsh and other Weimar Govement stuff, what the German people thought of the Goverment..... etc

The Hitler Myth and the Hitlers way of Holding on to Power.......... etc

Edited by Yamato

myths are what kill the good stuff in WW2

(look at the last 3 entries, they are a minute after eachother :lol: )

Edited by {LD}Firestorm

oh it didnt come from anywhere i typed it out my slef out of my head

it was not some cheap copy and paste

Edited by Yamato

i wasnot sugesting that, i was pretty sure you created that on you own, i was replying to that other guys posts

who wants me to continue my essay ?

{LD}Firestorm you sounded surpirsed i knew so much lol long timers on the foums already know how much i really know

Edited by Yamato

Heres my short:

The Germans felt like shit becasue of the treaty which ended WWI which rendered them as a really weak nation.

Hitler extoreted that and won the hearts and the slouls of the German people.

He took over as Chancellor and began rebuilding the German army defileing the treaty.

Britian was pissed, France wet its pants, war was coming.

He took over as Chancellor and began rebuilding the German army defileing the treaty.

not really as when Hitler started to rebuild the German Army both Britian and France did notr want a war with Germany like the terrible world war one was still freash in most peoples minds

well France wanted to do something about Germany but it was to scared to do so with out British Support as Britain was in Isolation

and there was a good thing about Germany gaining a Strong Army again as Hitler was Anti-communist it was good for him to build up this army and stop the spread of Communism from Russia to the rest of Europe

Written in true traditional American style, with plenty of stupid stereotypes...<_<

Personally I'm getting tired of this "France defeat" gloating. Al this because France used it's veto in the UN council.. bah..

France was actually the only country acting militarily upon the German weapon race. In defence they started building the Maginot line, because they were well aware of the dangers. The problem is that the Maginot line was not completed in time.

The French did start building forts on the most critical spots: the direct border with Germany. The border with Belgium was considered less critical, hence less priority was given to it.

The Germans took advantage of the weakest link in the Maginot line, took out the few Belgian defence forts in the Ardennes with a new "secret weapon" (=para's) and were able to attack the French homeland. The few German attempts to force through the Maginot line proved to be either impossible or very costly. Most of the Maginot line fell because France surrendered, not because the Germans destroyed it...

Considering the state of the American army in 1939-1940, if the USA had been bordering to Germany, they would also have been defeated...

In fact, the French Army was considered the most powerfull army in Europe before May 1940.

They didn't loose because they didn't want to fight, they lost because they were beaten, on a tactical and on a strategic level.

Remember, the Soviets didnt repell the Nazi's at their border either.

:lol: wrong

Hitler came to power for a number of reasons which i will point out in this essay

the most important theme in this essay i will talk about is NegativeCohesion this can be simiplyed to Hitler came to power not people liked him or liked Nazi Party Polociys and what they aimed to do in if they came to power as many other German Parities at the time had some of the much same ideals and Polociys what was different was Hitler and the Nazi Party played on peoples fears and dislikes people voted for th Nazi Party becuase they feared the same things as they did this is called ( NegativeCohesion ) also Hitlers Nzai party Polociy appeled to everyone next another factor was the Weimar Republic

Firstly i would like to talk about the birth of the Weimar Republic after ww1 many Germans called then the November Chrimanals for signing the treaty of Versailes in 1919 they belived that Germany had not been defeated in 1918 as the fighting was still going on France and not on German soil as proof that Gemrany had not been defeated but the German Army was in the verge of total collapse it was the idea of the army generals who said they where not close to defeat justo to not pin the blame of the deafeat of the war to themsleves and the real reason why they were defeared was what was called stab in the back theory which most Germans Believed was right teh theory goes like this the Weimar Goverment who had been just set up timely just before the end of the first world war betrayed there own people by signing the peace agreement so in turn right at the birth of the Weimar Republic it was hated and unpopular with the German people and was doomed from the out set

this idea was ramed home by a number of events a important one i will talk about here is the hyperinflation of 1923 where the German goverment simply prtinted monry to pay off war payments this caused massive decrese in the Value of German Mark. The value of the Mark declined from 4.2 per US dollar to 1,000,000 per dollar by August 1923 and 4,200,000,000,000 per dollar on November 20.

the Weimar Goverment toke this oppunity to pay off its war bonds with worthless monery making many Germany Angry Hitler siad "the goverment has become the biggist swinndlder" something like that i cant remember the exact Quote to move on

Mnay Germans dispised the New Democratic elections and new Democratic goverment they has alwayz been ruled by a strong leader such as the Kaisers or Hitler Demococy was seen as weak

this was only proven by the 1930,s Great Depression which the Weimar Goverment could not solve even by new elections and this pushed up again the inflation this was mostly due to the Germans style of Goverment of Poporttional reperesntation in Paliment was it was hard for any one Party to gain a Majorty vote and do that they wanted with out having to have a collation with one or more parties to get the Majority of coruse there was the condition that some there own poloiciys came though which made the Goverment Indecisive which relates back to make them look weak which make them more unpopular amoung the Masses

Hitler Exposed this he hated the Weimar Goverment as they where the November Chrimicals and many other Germans also hated them gaining there vote

In the early years of the Weimar Goverment there was a massive anti-communist climate there was a fear of the commmuinists taking over Germany this thread was stregthed as the Communists just toke over in Russia next door

also in 1920 toke place the Kapp Putsch which Communists tried to take over Germany and set up a Communist Goverment this failed this only made people more scared and more parinoid about the Communist take over.

Also the ReichStag fire was Blamed on Communits to further the peoples Fears of a Communist take over

Hitler of course hated Communits and sent his Brown Shirts SA agaisnt them and this gaine the support of the Unionists and Industrailts and the Bussiness Owners as they also hated the Communists and feared if the Communists toke over they would lose there professtion and there factotires,shops,......etc

Farmers feared Communists as well as they did not want to lose there land which they worked on and be moved to communes which would have happended if they toke over

the Army supported the Nazi party and Hitler as he promissed to make Germany Strong again, break the treaty of Versiailes which limited there army to 100,000 men this in turn gained the support of the German Junker Class which had the money and Power

the Poor supported them as he Promissed Jobs and good pay by such projects which would turn out to be the Auto Ban for Example

the Nazi Party appealed to some middle calss as well by promissing bonouses and setting up of Unions and more Polotical say

May be continued later................

:huh: Could you try a spellchecker someday?

Anyways, some comments.

1. What the hell is Negative Cohesion???
  2. The NSDAP never had the full support of the people. Only after forbidding the KDP, Kommunistische Deutsche Partei, and after intimidation by the SA at polling stations, the NSDAP got 43.9% of the votes.
  3. Correct at the stab of the back theory. A claim invented by the Army Generals (and much used by Hitler) to blaim the Versailles Treaty on the Weimar Republic.
  4. The hyper inflation began in 1923. Before that, the economy of the Weimar Republic was recovering, but due to the enormous payments demanded by the Allies of the first World War (132 Billion gold Marks), combined with the economic crisis, introduced the hyper inflation of sometimes 100% (!!!) a day.

Because of that inflation, the Allied powers took over the Ruhr area, the industrial heart of Germany. The laborers there went on a strike, while the government kept paying them. This worsended the inflation to such insane rates, that you could better burn your money then to try to buy coals for it.

5. Only after the 1929 inflation did the NSDAP gain power. Before that they were quite small. The SDP was the biggest party, most of the times.
  6. The Kapp putch was began by the Nationalistischer Freikorpsen, a national movement. The Communists tried their revolution in the 1919 Spartakus revolution. All of these revolutions, including the 1923 Bierhalle Putch by Hitler, failed.
  7. The Reichstag fire on 27th February 1933 was started by Marinus van der Lubbe, and served as an excuse to ban the KDP and round up SDP members as well. After the trial, which saw Van der Lubbe get the deathsentence (in a law that was in effect for a few days) but who saw the leaders of the KDP (Ernst Torgler)and Komintern cleared, Hitler decided that in future all treason cases were taken from the Supreme Court and given to a new People's Court where prisoners were judged by members of the NSDAP.
  8. You forget the role the Reichspresident, Von Hindenburg, played. After 3 elections in a year, he finally gave Hitler the post of Reichscancellor, which he used to outlaw the KDP, dissolve the Reichstag and hold new elections. After that, he formed a government with the Conservatives under Von Papen. After Hindenburg died, Hitler got the title of Reichspresident as well, and the Weimar Republic was finished.
So, cleared some things up :P

not only that but hitler was an amazing speaker and he was damn right good at using propaganda. not only that but the everyone in germany was in a depression and they wanted someone to get them out and hitler was the man. British, France, Canada, even America didn't care because they are in there own depression and don't have time to care about some crazy man saying stuff.

and Yamato that was a nice essay you sure know a lot about this subject.

Interesting discussion guys. For me, there's 3 important things about Germany in ww2: First you had a crazy, violent racist leader assisted by many crazy, violent, racist people (part of the army and the population);

Secondo you have a lot of followers (army and population again) who didnt know really what kind of monster their leader was...But those people were coming from many years spend in the dust and desperately needed hope..so they were ready to listen anyboby talking about that;

Third you have a big scientist communauty who were ready to gave a hudge high tech advantage to a rebuilding army to protect their country against their communists neighbour.

So there’s always somebody to take advantage from hard times peoples are living and, in this case, the result was disgusting... But i make a difference between that and the brillant military strategy show on the battlefield.

damn right good at using propaganda.

thats becuase Hitler brought every section of Socity under Nazi control and influence

1. you had the Hitler Youth groups for the boys

2. Groups for Women league of German madiens ( i think thats it)

3. Mothers got medels for given birth to more children

4. Nazi Labour Army which controled the Industry's and help to build stuff

5. the Nazi Church which of instead off getting a bible when you are married you got a copy of Mein Kampf (side note Hitlers second book cant remember its name was never published and only 2 copies where made)

6. the raido speaches only Nazi channels where allowed

7. Nazi Film were allowed like the Enternal Jew but such films such as the Great Dictator from America where banned

8. mass rallies to show how grand Germany was and to Show Hitlers powers

@ Phoib you know i havent used a spell checker i dont intend to

You should though... <_<

Edited by flyby