DerelictStudios Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Smurf Bizkit

Medics, Mechanics, And Officers...oh My!

it should be

allies - moderate

russians - fast

german - slow

repaire time

russia already has a problem with the super tank super weapons stuff so they will need a Mechanic because it would be kinda unfair when every body has super tanks and can be repaired and the russians normal tanks cant doesnt it mean that russia it will be more fair

If you pick the "homeland defence" subside....you get 20% off all vehicles. If you pick the "armor" subside...you get the is3 upgrade for the is2, which adds significant armor to what is already one of the most powerful tanks in the game.

i hope the subsides add more to the game, like the civilisations in AOK

It depends on the side, for the allies...right now there isn't much difference between the us and the uk(eventually we'll differentiate them a bit). The russians have a bit of difference between the subsides, which we'll expand more on later. The germans will have the most variation available.

as far as mechanics and medics, I am still leaning towards the russians not having them...it just doesn't seem to fit their side

germans did field repairs...im sure russians did a few too, but the russian way wasnt your hurt? let me help you...it was more of your hurt? weres your gun.

Politacly correct? we're not doing that, we are being historicaly correct.

do what rommel???

Russian field repairs were probably repairing the tank crew when they retreated....

They probably didnt have enough stuff to repair things on the battlefield.

could allways juts give the russians a small cheap slow repiar facilty for all those cry babies out there.

One thing that might be interesting is to perhaps have it to where the krauts have more trouble repairing their vehicles in that there were so many different german tanks and so many variants of them as well. Perhaps make it more expensive for them, or make it take longer to repair them.

does he twirl it? if so then yes.

if that was an answer on my post i think you missunderstod. what i ment was that a you could buy a russian soldier wich whould carry a soviet flag (i've seen it in a movie and a game i think) wich whould work as propaganda and heal the troops.

hmmmmm maybe you could give them medics and mecanic......but just make them real expensive so that they are not worth using also make them repair real slow to simbilize that the supplys are hard to come by so its hard to fix quick

Maybe the russians could have a "flagcarrier" wich whould work as the propagandatower on the overlords?

That's war logic of the 1800's...not realy fitting :huh:

Heres my two cents

Russian Mechanic-

Cannot fix light vehicles, fixes tanks quickly as the maus moves.

However he can lay mines as a special ability

German Mechanic-

Fixes any vehicle at moderate speed

Can repair structure slowly

Allied Mechanic

Fixes vehicles fast

No special abilities

if there were mechanics, who thinks you should be able to use multiple ones on the same vehicle to repair it faster?

edit: if they're added, that is. I like those ideas, Rommel.

if there were mechanics, who thinks you should be able to use multiple ones on the same vehicle to repair it faster?

edit: if they're added, that is. I like those ideas, Rommel.

I agree more= faster

What about salvaging destroied enemy vehicles? Perhaps say if a player destroys 5 of the same enemy vehicle, he is able to produce one in his war factory, only one that is. Just a thought to build on...

What about salvaging destroied enemy vehicles? Perhaps say if a player destroys 5 of the same enemy vehicle, he is able to produce one in his war factory, only one that is. Just a thought to build on...

I dunno, its not realistic unless your russian..

Germans loved using captured and converted enemy stuff. I guarantee you can find most any mainstream tank with German crosses on the sides, be them Shermans, T-34's, Matildas, or even the Chars (Many of these were converted to flamethrowers)

What makes me think the Russians didn't care for their men? The fact that they were underfed, undertrained, underarmed (Sometimes not even armed at all), and shot by the commisars if they retreated. Hell, their version of "paradrop" is flying your plane really low and having the chuteless men just fall out the doors into the snow. If a few are killed or crippled, oh well, at least we have men behind German lines eh? Yeah, that's REALLY showing you care. <_<

On topic I think the current no Russian medics and mechanics is semi realistic and semi unrealistic but for the sake of making it work the current setup is perfect. I do agree it should cost money to repair and cost more for Germany but the whole take less time thing is kinda bs. It should be same time more money. It's a tank for heavens sakes. Given germany had more variants you should still give them the benefit of the doubt and say it would take the same time because it would just more money. Simulating lack of resources with time isn't as realistic as lack of resources with resources. If only there was more than just money as a resource this mod could be better. Oh well. Good luck on the mod and I hope it gets released soon.

This post is splitted now, this was WOAVOoDoo's part of the Medics post.