DerelictStudios Forums
EvilViking

It Finally Happened!

We have a huge announcement everyone! I was contacted by phone yesterday by Atari, the makers of the new hit PC real-time strategy, Act of War: Direct Action. They've been watching our progress here at An Act of War for quite a while, and they now plan on hiring most of the team to work on the Act of War: DA 2 sequel! I'll be flying to Atari's New York HQ next week to meet with the dev team of AoW: DA and discuss how my team can be of use in the sequel.

Of course, this means that as of today, all production on AAOW is now stopped. We're going to be concentrating our efforts on working with Atari now. Although you may see some of our finished work in Act of War: Direct Action 2, I can't guarantee anything.

I'd like to thank all of our fans for all their support! Wish us luck!

- PCTeen1, Team Leader

hehe. I also wanted to note that I do plan to continue with modding as a hobby. Expect me to release some of my work for public use. :)

I want money too.

I haven't worked out any details yet (this will be done next week when I fly to New York). Of course, they won't be hiring everyone on the current team.

How many April Fools jokes are there going to be by morning, April 2nd?!  :o

your an idiot

Ha, we'll see about that.

Hey PCTeen,

Can you reforward that email you sent me about the address and times to be at Atari? Also, forward the plane details to my address:

160 Jesselin Dr

40401 Nicholasville, Kentucky

United States of America

PS: If you need the name on that, its Kyle Karson.

Edited by tibmaker

Its just that....oh lets wait and see :)

Edit : Talking with PCTeen...he's serious about this - I hope this isn't an April Fools joke by Atari...

^_^

They better not be screwing with me! :blink: I'm buying plane tickets!

HEADLINE- Atari pulls April Fools joke on PcTeen1. While in transit on his flight his plane crashes but he survives and sues Atari and wins. They go out of busness and PcTeen1 starts up his own with the 50 billion he won. :D

THey're not buying the tickets for you?

That is awesome PCteen... did they approach you? Or did you approach them? How'd it come down? I wish LucasArts would ask IA to help... too bad EaW is already in development.

Maybe Petroglyph will end up hiring you guys of IA :)

Man am I so excitied...and I thought only non-USA companies hired mod teams!

Then I remembered id hiring mod teams to do Plutonia and TNT chapters in Doom

GOOD LUCK PCTEEN!

^_^

Ooooo... reminds me of what happened to the DC team for BF1942. Well.... the sad part is that the mod development itself is down the drain. But this is probably the only place you'll KNOW there going to be a second Act of War. Best of Luck PCTeen and the rest of the AAOW devs. :)

Does "progress on AAOW has stopped" mean 'for good'?

If Atari goes through with buying the rights, I'm afraid that that will be the end of AAOW the mod. :(

And Edan, they actually called my house yesterday (I'd just gotten home from work). I thought it was a cruel joke at first, but we talked for a while, and here we are!

And yeah, it is odd that they didn't offer to buy the tickets... :blink: Well, then again, they haven't said for sure that they're hiring anyone yet.

I hope they end up hiring me too....they always need a good mapper or at least i hope so.....give me details later Pcteen1 :)