DerelictStudios Forums
EvilViking

It Finally Happened!

Well, I've got to say it is a little weird that both the EA Carmen San Diego mod and and PCTeen1's Atari deal both happened on April 1st of all days, but I know the EA deal is legit, and from what PCteen has told me this is too.

But yeah, I guess I can understand why you're skeptical. I just wish you wouldn't be so negative about it, this is some people's dream.

Actually, (at least to my knowlage) this is not a joke! (Unless, of course, Phoib flew to Atari's New York office.... hmmm :lol: ). I posted it up as soon as I had learned of it and discussed it with the team.

Looking back, it may have been premature (and bad timing, even though it's the 31st here), but if this deal with Atari is legit, I plan to go through with it.

My goal with modding always was to learn enough to eventually go into professional 3D work, and even though I'd planned on starting with small things like commercials, I think myself and my team are ready for this. :)

The rest of you ought to feel especially lucky that you can just drop everything else and go for this. I don't have the luxory to just leave my current job for another. :(

nice working with you guys anyways.

I cant believe this...

Going to atari and making a great game is a good thing

but skipping the best mod for generals is

a very bad thing. i dont realy know what should i say,

but good luck PCTeen1.

B) / :(

We'll all miss you. To bad the greatest mod for CNC General ZH is going to stop. *Runs and cries in corner*

GOOD LUCK! I'll be looking forward to buy Act of War: DA 2

Thanks for the support everyone! :) Remember though, I haven't discussed what exactly they're going to buy the rights to yet, so there may be a chance for someone to release some of our work on the Generals engine later on. I'll have full details by late next week :)

Also, any more negative or useless posts about the date I happened to post this on will be removed. <_< It was posted on the 31st, smart ones!

We have a huge announcement everyone! I was contacted by phone yesterday by Atari, the makers of the new hit PC real-time strategy, Act of War: Direct Action. They've been watching our progress here at An Act of War for quite a while, and they now plan on hiring most of the team to work on the Act of War: DA 2 sequel! I'll be flying to Atari's New York HQ next week to meet with the dev team of AoW: DA and discuss how my team can be of use in the sequel.

Of course, this means that as of today, all production on AAOW is now stopped. We're going to be concentrating our efforts on working with Atari now. Although you may see some of our finished work in Act of War: Direct Action 2, I can't guarantee anything.

I'd like to thank all of our fans for all their support! Wish us luck!

- PCTeen1, Team Leader

Yeah you and other freaking MOD teams on the web.

http://www.insurgencymod.net/

You are all sad.

On April Fool's everyone's credibility goes down the poop trap because everyone wants to pull a joke.

Sorry team but if had told me tomorrow I MAY have believed you.

LIES LIES LIES. NOO ITS A SIGN C&C IS ABOUT TO DIE. THAT WAS SO MEAN OF YOU TO POST THAT LIE AND YOU PROBLEY LOST LOTS OF FANS. YOU WILL NEVER REBULID YOU'RE REPUTATION AND SOME PEOPLE PROBLEY WILL NEVER THINK OF YOUR MOD EVER AGAIN. YOU MADE A HUGE MISTAKE LIEING. C&C IS DYING AND IT HAS YOU TO BLAME. YOU WERE ITS LAST HOPE AND KNOW YOU'RE GONE. BECAUSE OF YOU ILL NEVER PLAY AN RTS AGAIN... IM GONNA GO PLAY CIV3 NOW. IF THIS IS TRUE ILL NEVER BUY ANY ACT OF WAR GAME NO MATTER IF ITS A BILLON TIMES BETTER THAN C&C. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD YOU KILLED C&C ITS DEAD MAN. ILL FOREVER ASSOCITE THE NAME PcTeen1 WITH TRATIOR.

REMEMBER: NEVER BUY ACT OF WAR OR YOU ARE TRATIORS TOO DONT EVEN THINK ABOUT IT OR YOU'LL KILL POOR C&C

Edited by Delta Force

REMEMBER: DON'T LISTEN TO DELTA FORCE OR I WILL CALL YOU A FAG. REPEATEDLY