DerelictStudios Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EvilViking

You've All Been Had!

An Act of War's deal with Atari is indeed a hoax, April Fools, suckers! :lol: Yes, we're cruel. I'd like to thank everyone who offered us congrats, and all the fans that went slightly insane over it (*cough* Delta Force *cough*)!

Not only was this one big April Fools joke, but, this week we've gotten a ton of work done, including work on our storyline, missions, and new website! Keep an eye on the site for (real hehe) updates soon!

My birthday is on April the 8th, so expect a special video release then!

Now, to make up for this long day, I'd like to present everyone with some screenshots!

Updated War Factory:

WF01_s.jpg

Updated War Factory (damaged)

WF02_s.jpg

Updated War Factory (damaged)

WF03_s.jpg

An MH-60 spins to the ground

Bh_s.jpg

And finally, a first, special look at the Iraqi mobile AA unit, the Tunguska! The Tunguska is armed with dual missile launchers and dual 20mm cannons mounted on a fast-moving turret. The Tunguska can fire all 4 of it's weapons at once. Here, the Tunguska takes out a F/A-18E returning from a mission:

Tunguska_s.jpg

Check out that explosion!

In closing, please send all death threats to confess@fbi.gov , and enjoy your screenshots!

DAMMIT!!!! I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT!

Fuck you PCTeen1 :) (Im joking)

My soul KNEW you were lying and TOLD me you were...and like an asshole I believed you instead of my soul...

^_^

I CANT HELP IT....SO FUNNY....YOU GUYS WERE EXTREMELY WORRIED....LOL ANYWAY....i doubt we'd ever cease the mod, even if we became pro it would be like a side job for practice....

lol anyway for those of you with some more insight and thought rationally then congrats to you....btw i finished a new map for you guys too.....its a totally new style of playability.....i had good feedback from PCTeen1 so i hope you guys like it when v2.0 comes out....

oh and brush up on stratgeic artillery support your gonna need it in this map...but i have said too much.....lata all :lol:

lol this morning my plans was to uninstall

generals and everything that reminds me to generals

and now i see this red text...

ok it was a very detailed joke, a global joke

koz im still a damn hungarian but i think

some of your fans realy dont liked it(me 2)

cool war factory by the way it just needs a reskin i think

its too colorful for me

Edited by Goblin

man, that was simply perfect, we couldn't stop laughing

ahahaha, minna-san, you all fell in it like Excel in Lord IlPalazzo's pit

I've been had, [sarcasm]I hate you guys![/sarcasm]

Good joke, there was this web site I went to and they had the homepage look like Homeland secruity hacked it for supporting terrorist, so this goes down as the 2nd greatest april fool's joke ever.

I would like to point out the signs that it was fake:

1) He said as soon as he got home, there was a message. Yet later he said that as soon as he got home they called.

2) Speaking of phones, how the hell would they get his phone number???

3) Shouldn't Atari have given him tickets if they were inviting him?

4) PCTeen1 is still in High School... Hence PcTeen1...

5) You usually declare its a joke ON April Fools - it's perfectly acceptable to set the joke up the day before.

6) Atari didn't say anything about it on their AAOW sites.

7) It was April Fools - need I say more?

8) AHHH Goddammit there was something else but I forgot!

^_^

you clever bastards. You had me fooled thats for sure.

I should have known. How the hell would atari have CALLED YOU OVER THE PHONE PCTeen1.

Now I feel stupid. <_<

I knew it but I didn't want to be a killjoy and spoil it :P

The screens you have look great, I love the increased detail in the war factory.

BTW, I'll think of the video release as a Birthday present to me too because it's my birthday as well on the 9th. :)

How the hell would atari have CALLED YOU OVER THE PHONE PCTeen1

To those who asked, I simply said they tracked me through my AOL account (which could be possible... maybe.. hehe). :lol:

Sign in to follow this