DerelictStudios Forums
Korona

Installation Issues And Fatal Errors With R3

I have windows 7 64 bit professional. No problems running blitz2.

installed freshly onto windows cnczh, into programfiles x86 (DO NOTE YOU NEED TO INSTALL IN THIS DIR OTHERWISE BLITZ WON'T WORK). Then patched it with 1.04. Then installed blitz R3. Then installed patched r3.01. I start blitz in compatibility mode for win xp in admin mode.

The error 1b - has 2 do with the patch seeing stuff it does not recognize in cnczh dir. Modified files, incorrect file sizes. Please korona help :)

I recommend you uninstall all cnc programs, including TFD, then reinstall cnczh + blitz. Later you can reinstall TFD etc.

Greetings, DirtyHarry

Hello. Even when following precise instructions on how to install the 3.01 patch for the First Decade version, I am still repeatedly met with failure.

Is there any chance of receiving a manual install .zip file or similar?

Thanks.

Hello. Even when following precise instructions on how to install the 3.01 patch for the First Decade version, I am still repeatedly met with failure.

Thanks.

Hi,

Have you tried the instructions I wrote on ModDB? Taking Off

If so, could you please be more specific about the errors you're encountering, as well as what OS you are using. I have discussed a zipped or similar installer with korona in the past. He agrees that we need such an installation method, he simply wants to wait until the final version is ready for public play. Which means solving alot of our bugs and further optimizing both performance and game-play.

Edited by Comrade Raptorkov

Thanks.

Hi,

Have you tried the instructions I wrote on ModDB? Taking Off

If so, could you please be more specific about the errors you're encountering, as well as what OS you are using. I have discussed a zipped or similar installer with korona in the past. He agrees that we need such an installation method, he simply wants to wait until the final version is ready for public play. Which means solving alot of our bugs and further optimizing both performance and game-play.

Yes, unfortunately I have used those instructions, and for whatever reason, the 3.01 patch still gives me the "file not found" error. It makes no sense at all, I know. I am using Vista (the p.o.s. one).

Ok, so I found a way to get around the patch issue. You go into your blitz folder and find the blitz.ver file, copy it, then start pasting it in like every folder in the ea games. Then run the patch, it will old file not found, but if you look, it cant find blitz.art, so it found the blitz.ver so just start systematically deleting the blitz.ver until it old file not found on blitz.ver again. move the entire contents of the zerohour folder to that location. if theres other files in there, move them out. patch it then move the files back to their original place. abra ca dabra patched blitz.

Thx for all the help guys. Eventually got it to work- what a drastic difference... Thanks again!

Which method worked for you?

Well, I started using the method you described earlier. I then downloaded a new version of the patch (I had forgotten that I had discarded my last).

Then it immedietly patched. So, I dunno what to think. I'm just glad it finally worked. XD

Edited by Shadowmetroid

Got the error 1C today - corrupt or missing files. What I had to do to solve it was choose 'run as administrator' for blitzkrieg2.exe, as someone suggested before in this topic, only with a different error. I have windows 7 and never got this error before on my vista laptop, might be a windows problem!

Ok, so I found a way to get around the patch issue. You go into your blitz folder and find the blitz.ver file, copy it, then start pasting it in like every folder in the ea games. Then run the patch, it will old file not found, but if you look, it cant find blitz.art, so it found the blitz.ver so just start systematically deleting the blitz.ver until it old file not found on blitz.ver again. move the entire contents of the zerohour folder to that location. if theres other files in there, move them out. patch it then move the files back to their original place. abra ca dabra patched blitz.

instructions unclear d*** stuck in the patch

but seriously how do i fix the patch? kinda feels complicated

Edited by Ammar