DerelictStudios Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dave1001

Tag

So kids can't play dodgeball now, and the storm against all childhood competition continues, no more playing tag (or touch football or soccer):

Stupid

stupid

stupid

the logic behind all of these: creates self-esteem issues, raises possibility for injury, fear of lawsuits.

what will be banned next, walking?

Those are the same kind of idiots that put "winner" and "loser" in quotes because they can't stand competition so much. What are these kids going to do when they find out things aren't just given to them in the real world, and you often have to compete to do well.

They fail, cry and die. Is it just me or do more and more kids become emo as more and more of these kinds of "protective" measures are taken?

Edited by MehMan

This "sueing culture" has got out of hand people are so afraid theyll be taken to court for anything nowdays, and the chances are they will, its getting ridiculous,what happened to the good old days where if you fell over at work you just carried on with your life and blamed no-one but yourself for beeing so fucking clumsy.

Claims direct, no win, no fee, no basis in reality, just a room above a mini-cab office in Acton where a steady stream of simpletons go to collect money whose greed is only matched by their clumsyness.
Bill Bailey Edited by Goose

Those are the same kind of idiots that put "winner" and "loser" in quotes because they can't stand competition so much. What are these kids going to do when they find out things aren't just given to them in the real world, and you often have to compete to do well.

Except that shit like this is getting so popular, soon it WILL be the real world.

Our generation is the last of it's kind. Everyone after us will be a bunch of brainwashed pacifist tree-hugging cunts.

Edited by BlckWyerve

Except that shit like this is getting so popular, soon it WILL be the real world.

Our generation is the last of it's kind. Everyone after us will be a bunch of brainwashed pacifist tree-hugging cunts.

After?

cant say Id be sad to see dinosaurs of your type die out blck :P

only when I think you are being an absolute toss :rolleyes: so probably

Edited by key0p

Our generation is the last of it's kind.  Everyone after us will be a bunch of brainwashed pacifist tree-hugging cunts.

cant say Id be sad to see dinosaurs of your type die out blck :P

You can say whatever you want about this generation (yourself included I believe), but I think we're the last truly success-or-bust generation. I wouldn't be surprised if we were the last ones that considered fucking up failure. In the future being behind on your bills, being stuck in a dead end job, working around the clock with no end in sight is going to be called "different lifestyle choice," not "failing to succeed." And the worse part is that society is going to accept that as an ok way to live your life. There's going to be no drive to do better, no will to compete. No stigma attached to not trying. I can already see around me people no longer considering having a steadily high income better than having a low one. They act like there's no benefit to it.

heh I wasnt commenting on a generation, Im commenting on the personality type - dont worry Accele, I actually see some hope for you(yes Im a fool :P)

It has gotten to the point with sueing that....

Someone breaks into a house, steps on something, and breaks a leg. The guy who broke is is legible to sue the owner of the house....and is almsot guranteed a win in court. Is there not somethnig wrong with that??

The FOX one seems to be the only one painting this as a hippy measure. Not surprising. It seems to be a method of controlling injuries, which although they're kids and recover like nothing, prompts angry parents to threaten lawsuits.

A number of those same schools, however, allowed those activities with supervision during gym classes.

See. Liability, not something wholly foreign to kids in the 'real world', especially if OSHA has anything to say about it.

I'm with the bard on this one guys; "kill all the lawyers".

only when I think you are being an absolute toss :rolleyes: so probably

Or, you could keep your opinions to yourself and not "ego-bait" others...