DerelictStudios Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Wittman

Codename: Panzers

I picked this game up for 10 bucks at Target and still feel like I didn't quite get my money's worth.

While the gameplay isn't bad, it could be a lot better. CDV's Blitzkrieg was MUCH better.

What's worse than the gameplay, is the atrocious voice acting. I thought this game was developed by a company in Germany. If that's the case, why doesn't it just have real German voices, speaking German, with English subtitles? I was mortified during the scene with the exchange between the Tank Ace and Rommel. While Hans' accent is passable for German, Rommel's is downright unforgivable. He doesn't even sound English or American, just stupid. The British 'accents' are horrible as well, haven't even checked out the Russian Campaign yet. I'm pretty sure I'll skip all the cutscenes and just stick to the less than exciting gameplay.

My God, did they throw this game together in a week? Were they on a low budget? Jesus, I feel sorry for anyone who paid full price for this.

CDV's Blitzkrieg was 10x better than this.

Now imagine if you had paid full price as I had...They really presented the game well all the months leading up to it but once it was released it was a huge let down.

I kinda liked it more for the graphics than the gameplay... I love the way artillrey shakes forests up and how it blows down telephone lines.

Other than that, nothing especially special.

Does anybody know if Phase Two is any good?

I tried the game few months ago. I say, NO. The storyline became crappier.

I thought this game was developed by a company in Germany.

Big, big, HUGE mistake. Pansers series, Rush for Berlin, S.W.I.N.E. and several other RTS were made by Stormregion, a hungarian developer team. Viva la hungary!

EDIT: If you didn't like Phase 1, you won't like Phase 2. It has nice improvements but in my humble opinion it didn't turn out as good as Phase 1.

And yes, Stormregion is always on a low budget and they always get impossible deadlines. They could do better.

Edited by Goblin

*waiting for an "O Rly?" from Monkey*

Now I won't do it. :P

But yeah, that game sucks...although I just needed the demo to figure that out.

And yes, Stormregion is always on a low budget and they always get impossible deadlines. They could do better.

Not surprising, the voice acting and accents were AWFUL! Most of the 'Germans' sounded like California boys.

It's kinda sad, getting myself to load that game up is like making myself do Math Homework, I feel like I should - but I keep putting it off.

S.W.I.N.E. got pretty good reviews though? No?

I'm kinda surprized you know SWINE. Yeah it turned out pretty good, but Fishtank made them rush it, that's why there isnt infantry in it.

Edited by Goblin

Is it that wierd pigs game? :huh:

Edited by weston

i love S.W.I.N.E. i picked it up an an eb games for 5 bucks a i think 3 years ago i still play it mainyliy fooling around in the game * yea its the pigs V the rabbits with tanks * the biggest thing i wanted in swine was base building

Edited by usafirewarrior

i love S.W.I.N.E. i picked it up an an eb games for 5 bucks a i think 3 years ago i still play it mainyliy fooling around in the game * yea its the pigs V the rabbits with tanks * the biggest thing i wanted in swine was base building

Care to come online some day?

I actually liked Panzers.... preferably when I have a few men holding off the city angainst a shitload of enemy forces. It gives a sortt of, SPR feel to it.

I picked this game up for 10 bucks at Target and still feel like I didn't quite get my money's worth.

While the gameplay isn't bad, it could be a lot better. CDV's Blitzkrieg was MUCH better.

Pick up a copy of Combat Mission 3 from your nearest bargain bin.

The graphics may not be upto today's notches, but if you want WW2 strategy the game is absolutely ace. Infantry squads, tanks, support vehicles etc...

The troops don't exactly talk to you, but you can hear them chatting away. The commanders barking orders to the squad, the tank crew screaming "Quick! Reload!" between shots. Excellent!!

Only now you notice Combat Mission?

Edited by MehMan

I actually liked Panzers.... preferably when I have a few men holding off the city angainst a shitload of enemy forces. It gives a sortt of, SPR feel to it.

Codename: Panzers would awesome if it had realistic combats like in Close Combat series.

I swear, each WW2 RTS game finds a great element in one way or another, they just fuck everything else up. One company just needs to analyze all the others and find what each of them did right and put all those ideas into one game.

I get the feeling COH will be what Codename: Panzers could have been. Especially if the Germans ALL have proper German accents AND/or SPEAK German.

It gets annoying in C:P when I'm clicking on my German infantry and:

Click: "los!", Click: "ja?", Click: "I'm getting hungry."

For those of you from Europe, know German, and/or are German - how close if at all are the German accents when the German speak their native language?

What I did not like about the demo is the up-close scale. Panzers is too much a tactical game and not a enough a strategically game to my taste...

Instead of being a captain ordering troops around, I do prefer a general’s point of view, a more global approach of warfare, where one can have control on the war economy and how strategic decisions influence tactical actions.

http://www.fileplanet.com/promotions/warfront/

Anyone signed up for Warfront yet? I thought it looked pretty good and I'm going to download it tonight.

I've downloaded it three times now, from different sources, and have had the same problem every single time. Their tech support leaves much to be desired as CDV says, "Go talk to Fileplanet, it's not our fault." And Fileplanet says, "Go talk to CDV, it's not our fault."