DerelictStudios Forums
Sign in to follow this  
tmapm

A Sneak Peek..

Yup.. you can see the new map selection screen and a preview of a new AR2 map I just finished. I'm personally working on 3 other new ones for this version. Name is a WIP. Enjoy!

(So the new maps that I am planning on doing are... 2player, 3 player and 2x 4 player maps. And continue touching up and or removing some existing ones.)

post-23-1127494995.gif

We only have 1 of them [Hue], haha. It just appears broken but it won't be when I am done.. oh and we updated the screen even more but we won't show you (:P.)

Excellent freaking work, man! :D

And I like the blue text idea, but I don't know if that's even possible. It sure looks awesome, though.

Yeah... definitely something to look into.. however not all the backgrounds would blend in well with that blue.. cool idea though. I could perhaps make the header text blue like that. I can do that without screwing everything else up. :P

I don't remember.. I know how to change the font, as we have done that several times. But we aren't going to be changing the colors... (unless of course we built in the tiles into the screen itself.. that would be the only way to accomplish it.

Yes the Nemesis has a warm pallete while Genesis a cold one, it's quite apparent in the load screens, it wouldn't work very well if you mixed them together.

And I think Nox is right, I originally designed the sidebar with white lines, but when we realised the font colour couldn't be changed we went with yellow, it turned out pretty nice anyway :)

Just a note, and I'm sure many don't care... but I have been fixing AR2 for FA2... Tons of stuff now displays correctly and there is no necessary setup to map, provided you download FA2 1.002.

You did not make that space background.. I know the artist that did, being a fellow space artist. I am hoping it is merely a placeholder while you work on the mod & not to be released with the mod, as using a background you did not make is an offensive act, considering the amount of time people like me spend making spacescapes. Thankyou for your time...

I have contacted the artist beforehand, and I received permission from him to use the planet. (He even sent me a moon for the image later!) I did make the background, the planet I did not. Ross has credit in our manual, don't worry.

I understand how much time artists put into these things, I wouldn't just take something ;) I talked to him on AIM and it was there that he gave me permission.

From our manual (this is all he asked for):

Ross Lockhart - Atrigo Planet and moon (map selection screen).

I appreciate your concern :)

Thankyou for clearing that up! That is good to hear, i did not know you had permission or had credited him because you mentioned nothing of him in your post. ;) Ah well, it is good to hear you did not simply take this without asking, as many people do these days. & your linking to him in the credits is perfect.

All good to hear. :)

Well only about 3 people besides the AR2 team read this forum so i didn't think about mentioning him. However, most of them probably knew anyway (I like to blab to them on MSN when I get ideas to improve AR2 in various ways. Including when there is a possiblity of being able to use a cool art piece--provided I am given permission :P)

BTW your space art is pretty impressive as well! ...And I didn't know you are a TS fan (according to deviant art). I love that game! :)

BTW, are of the other load out screens going to use planetary like backgrounds? Or are we using the original ones that Godwin did?

Sup, j4m3sb0nd, its Joe from the PPM forums (The guy doing the Exodus GUI) ...