DerelictStudios Forums
killakanz

Uninstalling Red Alert 3

Did you know that Red Alert 3 doesn't have an uninstall wizard? Not even on the disc.

Do you find, like I did, that attempting to remove it by the add/remove software tool only causes it to freeze while 'gathering required information'?

If you want to uninstall Red Alert 3 (god forbid), here's how:

Step 1:

Open the Red Alert 3 Control Center via the start menu. Click Deauthorize. You'll get an 'are you sure' type message. Click Yes.

Step 2:

Go to your Red Alert 3 install folder. Go in the Support folder and run the program 'Red Alert 3_uninst.exe'

Nothing appears to happen, all it does is remove your RA3 registration keys from your system registry. It doesn't remove all entries though, so you might wanna do that yourself too.

Step 3:

Delete the Red Alert 3 folder. Delete the start menu shortcuts and desktop shortcuts. If you want to remove your profiles, saves and replays, delete the Red Alert 3 folder in "My Documents".

Congratulations. Red Alert 3 is uninstalled.

Did you know that Red Alert 3 doesn't have an uninstall wizard? Not even on the disc.

Do you find, like I did, that attempting to remove it by the add/remove software tool only causes it to freeze while 'gathering required information'?

If you want to uninstall Red Alert 3 (god forbid), here's how:

Step 1:

Open the Red Alert 3 Control Center via the start menu. Click Deauthorize. You'll get an 'are you sure' type message. Click Yes.

Step 2:

Go to your Red Alert 3 install folder. Go in the Support folder and run the program 'Red Alert 3_uninst.exe'

Nothing appears to happen, all it does is remove your RA3 registration keys from your system registry. It doesn't remove all entries though, so you might wanna do that yourself too.

Step 3:

Delete the Red Alert 3 folder. Delete the start menu shortcuts and desktop shortcuts. If you want to remove your profiles, saves and replays, delete the Red Alert 3 folder in "My Documents".

Congratulations. Red Alert 3 is uninstalled.

how to remove registry??? and theres no Deauthorize on step1

pls help i cant remove it...

A note on step 2, the exe removes the important keys, but it leaves behind some redundant entries. It's not essential to remove these, but some people like a clean registry.