DerelictStudios Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Opals25

Graphics Cards Recomendations

So, I'm looking for a new graphics card, my 5500 just won't cut it anymore.

I need something that's fairly cheap. 200 or so at most, and somewhere in the range of a 6800 in power. I can't do a PCI-E since I don't have a motherboard slot, nor the money to upgrade it. It needs to be a card I can get fast since I can't wait any fucking longer to play FEAR.

My Radeon X600 kicks ass, Not sure about the price, Runs games like BF2 on highest settings.

That's what I'm looking for!

I still kick ass. :P

I think the X600 overall is a really good card .

So I command you, Get it dammnit!!

Edited by General Ryan

The Geforce 6600GT 128mb is the best card for the money you can get. It's been proven to have the most FPS per dollar in price of any card on the market today. It gets my recommendation.

The Geforce 6600GT 128mb is the best card for the money you can get. It's been proven to have the most FPS per dollar in price of any card on the market today. It gets my recommendation.

I second that.

Newegg has plain jane 6800's for around $170. That's what I put in my desktop, and it works quite nicely. I run BF2 at low graphics, but that's to try to help with lag that is likely processor induced.

I'm reffering to the ability to play BF2 at max settings. :P

BF2's a system hog...Make sure you get some ram with that card. The 6600 gt is the best bang for your buck, I have one right now. But for the 6600 gt you should definatly have a good power supply.

I second that.

Thirded. I play BF2 at max with this thing, and I played the FEAR demo at max with it too.

Although the 6600 is good enough for now i'd go with the 6800 if i were you. It may cost a little more but it has twice as much memory and will therefore last a lot longer in terms of "playing new games on max settings".

Hey Chrono, nice avvy, whats it from?

ps. I hate this sort of advancement.... Now Im torn up between the 7800GTX and this.

Which is better? And by how much?