DerelictStudios Forums
Smurf Bizkit

Compiled Bug Listing (for V035)

Please post any bugs/gameplay imbalances you find in v035 here. Here are some that I've found, as well as some that the testers have.

-Infantry can shoot at paratroops while they are in the air?

-There are some cases of the AI being able to shoot at aircraft with infantry

-The PanzerIV upgrade can't be purchased at the Heavy Factory

And not really a bug, but should be pointed out again

-There is no "Normal" AI...it only works for Hard and Brutal

-The AI for the soviets sometimes doesn't tech up

-There is no AI for the Allies

The T28's gun is always in the fire state. The AI starts with the ability to build the flack gun. The Soviet AI seems to be able to build tanks from start(not 100% sure on this one). Some places in the first mission are un capturable.

I don't know if it's just me, but I can't take control of the three German commandos in the beginning of mission 3 of the Axis campaign, and consequentially, they get butchered, costing me the mission.

The command center disappears when it sustains damage (damage graphics missing?)

When the flame throwing T-34 is ordered to force fire, it shoots normal shells.

German 88mm Flak animation looks weird (when it shoot ground targets, it seems as though it points the back of the barrel towards the target not the front)

I guess this is a carryover from before, but when a worker building land mines is killed, there is no way to get rid of the semi built landmines.

I dont know if its a bug or not but does the AI start w/ tanks? lol

I keep havin to go up agianst tanks w/ jeep or motocyls ! lol they seem to start higher on the tech tree?

really great mod though, top notch.

The AI always rushes at the beginning of the game with a scout vehicle and a light tank. u start with those too so u should be ok.

to get rid of semi built land mines, drag a selection box around the percentage, and u should be able to get it.

ya realized that but they come w/ about 6/8 tanks! might just be on some maps but they def seem to start higher on the tech level...one was berlin map I believe - they had axis.

-M16 has Hummer hulk

-One of guns on German carpet bombers is always in fire state

-No music in first Axis mission

Gaaah! I hate the AI! It's so eviiil! :blink: It's way too good, if you ask me, and to me there seems to be little difference between Hard and Brutal. Whatever happened to some of the maps? I really liked the "Archipelago Annihilation" one.

Sometimes the AI starts off with tanks I swear.

Also I'm getting continous mismatches in this scenario:

Damn can't post replays, but its on the frozen front map with another human player and just before I get my airfield up it always mismatches. (note I haven't built it yet so it won't be triggered by that)

Edited by Rattum

The whole getting tank rushed a minute into the game is annoying but i can easily get a few bunker built and fill them with a few rocketmen but a problem occurs the tanks fireing range excedes that of the rocket men in the bunker it would be nice it i could acually hit them. :blink:

-M16 has Hummer hulk

-One of guns on German carpet bombers is always in fire state

-No music in first Axis mission

Gaaah! I hate the AI! It's so eviiil! :P It's way too good, if you ask me, and to me there seems to be little difference between Hard and Brutal. Whatever happened to some of the maps? I really liked the "Archipelago Annihilation" one.

So did I - that was a good map.

When some of the planes crash, they turn into either Auroras or MiGs, not sure which one.

Not really a bug, but it's REALLY hard to target planes with other planes.

Oh, and doesn't the P-38 have twin fuselages?

Edited by Purplemonkey

I don't know if it's just me, but I can't take control of the three German commandos in the beginning of mission 3 of the Axis campaign, and consequentially, they get butchered, costing me the mission.

This is due to all AI controled units being able to shoot at airborne units. I really want to find what is doing this becasue it really affects the missions (as you have realised) <_>

the worker makes a car nosie when he is built and comes out of the command center. and the axis ai gets the ability to build light tanks right away. i was playing oposeing tribes and 5 minutes into the game no lie he sent 12 light tanks at me adn kept em comeing.

the soviets has so strong vehicles and tech tree points (the tank attack and the airfield with the plants) :P

soviets HARD AI are to evil <_< ^_^

panzer to heary

more balance between the three groups !

This is due to all AI controled units being able to shoot at airborne units. I really want to find what is doing this becasue it really affects the missions (as you have realised) :(

Well, actually, the problem I'm having is that the guys are on the ground already, but I can't select them for some reason. Only after they are dead can I even move my mouse around. But yeah, the thing with riflemen being able to shoot down paras is pretty weird too. Oh, and another error I encountered is that some Soviet buildings disgorge rangers when destroyed. Then again, these problems aren't that bad, in that they don't detract from skirmish gameplay too much. Good job guys!

The idea is they stand there while you read the brieifng - if you were moving troops about then you might not read what you had to do... Every change generally means something else breaks, I'm looking into it. :(

- I tried the beginning of the mission a few times, I lost one commando each time, and control was restored before the second was shot at, if you retreat back to the windmill its possible to kill the second red guardsmen without loosing any health. From then on, two german soldiers can kill a red guard without takeing any hits. Therefore the mission is doable. It's gonna be damn hard though so save often!

Soviet anti-tank men range is very limited. cant hit the tanks unless there right on top of me. all the bunker are good for is to kill the hordes of snipers and inf, also soviet mobile anti-air refuses to work. The computer spams out large number of snipers.It was also mentioned that the ai starts out with the the ability to build tanks this is very annoying.

Don't know if this is a glitch, or if this was intentional, but you can control the bombers in flight while using the carpet bomb ability. This way, you can cover even more area with your bombs than usual, and they still seem to do the same amount of damage, even though the bomber flight is divided.