DerelictStudios Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ThomaK WarheaD

Battleship ...

i heard nothing bout it,but anyway isnt that mod called blitzkrieg?and ships will kill the gameplay,it ll be kinda boring,and how you wanne scale the ships rightly? :lol:

i only want to know if there's any project of ships and cruisers or Submarines for Blitz ...

Basically one of the main problems with puting in ships is they have to currently be on the map and have to be stationary....Usually they will crawl on land if not

If ships are added then I would suggest adding another side to the allies, the Marines. Since we were the only nation to participate in major operations in both Atlantic and Pacific theatres of War, we had two completely different forces in production. The main difference would be the tanks and aircraft (ships are a no duh). The tanks for the Marines would be lighter, maybe an M4 Sherman Duplex Drive at most (since jap tanks were sub-par). This would prevent the Marines from being used on land-locked maps. The basic land based airfield for the Marines would probably have the P-39 Aircobra for a ground-support aircraft and the P-38 Lightning for a fighter. The navies should go forth as planned (if planned) since their outfitting is pretty obvious.

My idea is too have certain water only maps like Midway, etc. And have a map.ini that replaces the command center for each side with a carrier for each side. The carrier would be immobile since I think it is not possible to have a mobile carrier, but you could be able to build aircraft on it to send to attack. And then you could start with destroyers, submarines, etc. And it would be a battle to survive with what you have. Ships would slowly repair themselves though (engineers on board).

Is there any way to specify a structure must be built next to water? (pointing to it)

If there was, you could set that for a shipyard and have the slipway going towards water. Have the ships slide down the slipway in the "initial movement" of the ships as they are produced.

hum ... don't know, but moving ships exist ... the problem is that they can run on ground

Yes moving regular ships are possible. Look at the naval wars mod for ZH. But the problem is that a AC isn't capable of moving in the game as then the airplanes would glitch and hover from the ground in the orginal position the AC stood in.

Though a midway map with ships would be cool. Perhaps some infantry fights on the small islands would be cool too.

Muhahahahahaha.... I'm not gonna comment here :lol:

Guys just take a look at what jagdtiger posted, he obviously knows more then we do.

What makes you think he's the only one who knows more than you guys do?

wasn't there some thread already on the board saying ships will be included

in future versions.

P.S check out call 2 arms, ships are possiable they already have 6 or 7

including a sub.

Wouldn't the marines use corsairs? I would really like to see marines in here but I'm not sure how it would work out. More expensive, more effective units with a hand to hand proficeny? only way to make it fair and accruate is to have the japanese dug in the island and then it just becomes a game of rooting out the enemy or hold out with the final banzai charge. dosent sound too fun really.

Wouldn't the marines use corsairs?

yes, their side would. I was speaking of the land based aircraft for the marine side which should only include the P-38 and the P-39 (I've made my peace with the fact that the B-25 would be too powerful if buildable). The planes on the AC are really not my decision since I'm pretty the sure the devs have gone over that millions of times with themselves, I'm just presenting stuff that might not be so obvious.

i think that ships will be cool but only on certain maps

in the games using ground units it will sucks becaus ships were always to strong ...

You have to remember that ships really had little impact on ground based operations. In the end its the the soldier on foot who can go into the enemys trenchs/towns/fortifcations that win wars not bit ships/guns/planes/tanks.

Basically having ships in game would not make blitz any more enjoyable, nor would it make sense. :angry:

:)

When will people realise that planes have always reigned supreme. Or armadas of helicopter gunships. ;)

The only good ships were on RA1 the Cruisers, but they sucked if there was limited water. and the subs were pointless too... you cant build navies like you do the land armies on games like this cos of the limited space.

well ships will be wonderfull in beach invation maps and in maps where u need to defend a harbour for example, but generally blitzkrieg is a land and air war...