DerelictStudios Forums
Mr.48

Hawker Hurricane

I was thinking that maybe for the UK subside the P-38 should be replaced by the Hawker Hurricane Mk. II which might be a little worse than the P-38 in air to air but would later be upgradable to the Mk.IV which would be a tank buster and much better at anti tank work than the light attack bomber upgraded version of the P-38 that only the Americans should keep. The Mk.IV could possibly be slightly worse than the US P-47 at anti tank (making it the worst overall) but would be the cheapest tank buster and your early game aircraft would retain their usefulness.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hawker_Hurricane

Again please dont bash me.. Too much.. ;)

Trust us, we've thought of such things (in depth mind you), annd are changing aircraft in R3. The fact of the matter is, we're not likely to be including aircraft that we haven't already modelled or are in the process of modelling. As we've already considered aircraft that we've modelled (obviously) and aircraft that are not modelled are not open for consideration, most member suggested ideas have already been thought of by the Blitz team or are not even open for suggestion.

Logan Hartke

Well then I'm just going to keep hoping that you include it :D

I mean the Brits did use the Hurricane much more than the Lightning.

Umm, they didn't use the Lightning (tested a crappy one, but that's about it).

Logan Hartke

So yeah, I was just pointing out that the Hurricane made more sense for the Brits.

You had said "more" implying that the P-38 wasn't used as much as the Hurricane. I was merely pointing out that the P-38 wasn't used only a little bit by the Brits--it wasn't used at all.

Logan Hartke

Out of curiosity, which do you guys think would be better?

The current Spitfire or a Hurricane?

Im thinking it would be nice to have the Hurricane with 37mms (or were they 27mm? I know there was one version of the Hurricane with only 2 guns, but they were so huge, they stuck out of the wings with pods) to counter the IL2 and Hs-129.

Out of curiosity, which do you guys think would be better?

The current Spitfire or a Hurricane?

Im thinking it would be nice to have the Hurricane with 37mms (or were they 27mm? I know there was one version of the Hurricane with only 2 guns, but they were so huge, they stuck out of the wings with pods) to counter the IL2 and Hs-129.

Well, Logan can probably give the specifics but off the top of my head I think towards the end of the war the Brits were using the spitfire almost exclusively in air to air combat and largely stopped using the Hurricane in this role (perhaps I'm wrong).

And the version of the Hurricane you're talking about for tank busting is most probably the Mk.IV which had 2 40mm guns as a possible armaments package.

Edited by Mr.48

Trust us, we've thought of such things (in depth mind you), annd are changing aircraft in R3. The fact of the matter is, we're not likely to be including aircraft that we haven't already modelled or are in the process of modelling. As we've already considered aircraft that we've modelled (obviously) and aircraft that are not modelled are not open for consideration, most member suggested ideas have already been thought of by the Blitz team or are not even open for suggestion.

Logan Hartke

You ever considered going for congress?

what about giving the british the hawker tempest ?

Could be an idea in order to counter the Me 262's, but as always its all up to the team.

Quick question though, Logan you said that you will only include new aircraft in R3 which are already in the works, would those aircraft include the P-80 by any chance?

OMG Noob

Don't belittle the guy that much. His ideas are far more sound than 90% of the hooligans we've been getting.

Logan Hartke

thats tru now ive caught up with Yotta's theorys and stuff sorry Mr.48