DerelictStudios Forums
Sign in to follow this  
IconOfEvi

Major Earthquake!

Is it only a coincidence that all this bad shit always seems to happen in the poorest parts of the world?

Places that just happen to be classed as "tectonic hotspots" you mean.

yeah, that's about as coincidental as the fact that American is home to practically all of the world's tornados and a significant part of the hurricanes and a bunch of volcanos and earthquakes on the side for good measure lol.

Not meaning to slam on you, Magus - but this isn't funny.

All I can say "Christ!"

Yeah, I just read it. :( My bad?

Umm try 2004? unless it is a new 1 couldnt see a date and australia would have felt that if it was rescent (i should turn on the TV but meh)

Umm try 2004? unless it is a new 1 couldnt see a date and australia would have felt that if it was rescent (i should turn on the TV but meh)

:|

The date's right at the top.

Last Updated: Sunday, 28 May 2006, 00:13 GMT 01:13 UK

There are usually earthquakes more often than every 2 years, it wasnt a one off in 2004 ;).

There was a quake in Indenisia in 2004 (Boxing Day) and was wondering if this was old news or a rescent quake

Yeah. I know.

have a look at the top of the news page, you will see a 'last updated' date.

Still a tradgedy none the less

The real tragedy in this thread is your inability to spell or use the Edit button.

So sorry im not perfect to u <_<

Is it only a coincidence that all this bad shit always seems to happen in the poorest parts of the world?

Places that just happen to be classed as "tectonic hotspots" you mean.

such a tradgedy i have family in Jakarta and at first my faimily was concered for there safty when the news first came out that there was a earthquake on Java

"tectonic hotspots" well considering there are smaller fault lines all over the world and deap ones as well "tectonic hotspots" can be in a lot of places that we dont consider besides a fault line that we most commonly know of 2 day

i would like to point out just for knowledge sakes the 6.3 measurement has a lot things wrong with this the rock type directly below the epicentre can determine the damage done also the deapth of the acutal earthquake under ground for example you can get a 6.3 earthquake at 50km under the surface and it will do little damage as it is too deap earthquakes in the area of 15 - 30 km is the middle range for some Geographers the more shallow the earthquake is the more damage it might do also the earthquake's duration of shaking is also has a lot to do witht e damage was you imagine as longer the shaking of the earthquake at 6.3 it will do more damage to buildings than on a lesser time scale even they are on the same scale.

Edited by Yamato

No. Australia doesn't feel a fucking thing when it comes to earthquakes. Learn some compassion.