DerelictStudios Forums
Sign in to follow this  
raminator

Screenshot Thread V2

And we should just note that I won the first game. :D But in the second we had a connection error.

Anyhow, I have a screenshot from the latest version as well, this was just during a skirmish game though; it shows my hard pressed Russian army, after a series of Allied raids.

post-3-1110751085.jpg

Edited by [DK]PHIL

We modelled them, like all the other graphics. The civilian buildings are the only which we took from another game, Generals.

Edited by [DK]PHIL

Yes Lao Tze did the infantry, which btw is an outstanding work. When I say we I mean that the graphics in the game is made by the team, and is not something we have taken from elsewhere.

Anyhow, I was playing another game, on the Italian Collision map, and I had this squad of Stug III's parked in the city, holding their ground well considering the odds. The odds being 3 Stugs against 6-8 Shermans, they [The Shermans] came in a line though, which made them an easy prey. However, as you can see, the Stugs didn't make it, but one of them became elite just before the remaining Shermans took it off days. Made me think of Stalingrad, last man standing.

Notice the smoke and flames on the ground, everywhere you see a little flame with smoke comming from it, there has been a tank which was destroyed.

post-3-1110811952.jpg

Edited by [DK]PHIL

WOW! That’s some very sexy! SEXY! Stuff you have there! I can’t wait tell you guys release this version.

The vxls look better.

And the infantry are nice! How long ago did Lao tze make those?

And that terrain you add looks nice too.

Looking much better, I can see a few probs with the new terrain but you probably know about them already & just haven’t got round to doing/fixing them.

PS: when did you add the flames & smoke to destroyed tanks? I added that to D-day about a month ago :P (looks completely different tho)

How did you code it if you don’t mind me asking? :huh: I’m just curious as it took me a while to get it working.

what destroyed tanks? and are we speaking of the same code that used the spawn infantry logic? cos AR2 removed that, like... a helluva long time ago

Edited by Godwin

It's quite simple really, I gave the vehicles a deathweapon which essentially work like a flame weapon.

I got the idea when coding the Churchills flamethrower, as it leaves a little flame on the targeted area; I then thought it could be neat if destroyed vehicles did the same.

Anyhow, the deathweapon simply has a particle system attached to it, and a flame animation.

You did it differently?

Edited by [DK]PHIL