DerelictStudios Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kaiser_Smeghead

What Is The Gla Scorpion Tank Based On?

I have been trying to figure this one out for a while. We all know what the GLA scorpion is, that little beat up "tank" that looks like it was built in a scrapyard. But it had to have a design based on another tank by the looks of it. But what tank is it based off?

FT-17?

FT-17.jpg

Carro Armato M13/40 tank?

M134001.jpg

Any others i have missed? What do you guys think the GLA scorpion is?

Well of course, I always figured it was supposed to look sort of like the T-34. But yeah, some moron at EA's faggot vehicle design dept prob came up with the idea while on the shitter.

Ever since I got Dawn of War, I don't even touch my Zero Hour CD anymore

Edited by Wittman

Major Gilbear found a 1920's era italian tank that was a dead ringer for the Scorpion. It seems the GLA enjoys using 90 year old tanks.

Yet Fully Upgraded with General Juhziz They can take out a Fully Upgraded Overlord and you can have more of them for less money and if the Overlord runs over one of them they find half their health gone in a second

LOL, the Scorpion is such a piece of junk, im suprised it even does more than 1 damage on the modern USA tanks.

I you look at it, i dont think that junk 90 year old tank can even damage an Abrams or something, let alone its succesor in 20 years from now.

:rolleyes:

Well it can do Considerable Damage to the Overlord and the Emporer Tank's especiallt General Randall Juhziz's Which Personally I think is the best of the GLA Generals And the Emporer and Overlord have more firepower than their americans Counter parts. The GLA has the most choice in how to destroy their enemies indeed Rocket Buggy's are very good at destroying Overlord's two can take one out easily and for a little bit less too.

Don't under estimate a Fully Upgraded Scorpion Especially when your Playing as General Juhziz their cheapness makes them easy to mass and if you see an emporer you just send 3 on an attack run and if that fails get those 3 to self destruct.

The Scorpion Is actually a good tank especially with Rockets and for every tank they destroy the better they get a Fully Salvaged Scorpion is about the same as a Crusader and battlemaster.

Th Scorpion is Most Useful when you play as General Juhziz the Demolition General His Unique Tech Demolitions makes The Scorpion a tank to be feared.

Yes, the Scorpion is massively overpowered for it's price and speed of production. With the ridiculous rocket especially, it makes the Crusader look like a tennis ball machine. <_<

I never bother with the Maurauder since it's more of an assault gun then a tank for the turret doesn't move. I think it did in the original.

Heh I know they're a little OP but not many others can accept that so When I use them in huge numbers it kinda gives me an advantage because it makes them over-confident.

GLA Tanks may not be as good as the rest unupgraded but Fully Upgraded they're some of the best in the game especially when you play as General Juhziz if you can't with what you've got throw it at them and detontae them.

Does anybody bother with the Crusader much? most would go for the paladin surely?

I've seen concept art for the Crusader tank actually hovering but it doesn't seem to do it in game and one of their build icons had an increadibly blurry image of a hovering crusader. Neither do they strike me as the fastest tank in the world.

Is it true that the GLA were gonna be given a proper tank but that it was dropped later for the Scorpion and Maurader?

the old scorpion looked more like an IFV/APC with a small turret, you can see it in beta shots, and there are downloads for it around the net i believe (sleipnirstuff.com)

same with the crusader, it was originally supposed to be able to transform into a hover tank

Yeah, that original GLA scorpion looked to me like an M113 APC with a double barreled cannon on top. What i would have loved for a GLA tank would have been something like a T-54/55 or at least a T-34. Then i would have liked GLA a lot more. But then again, i downloaded a mod for vanilla generals that gives GLA a T-54, a T-72 for the maurader, a nice GLA airforce, (mig-21's, su-25's, mig-29's,Hind-D's,etc) and some other pretty cool stuff. I think it was called the airforce mod or something like that.