DerelictStudios Forums
Count von Phoib

3d Modeller

Derelict Studios is looking for additional 3d modelers, to help with upcoming projects.

Expected models include soldiers, buildings, landmarks and/or vehicles. You will be provided with pictures and concept art, and are expected to work from that.

You are also able to UVW map efficiently.

Requirements:

• You have 3ds Max 9 or higher. If you have a lower version, you are willing to upgrade to Max9 at least.
  • Be good.
  • Speak English and/or German fluently.
  • You can model in the 500-2500 triangle range.
  • You can unwrap an object.
  • Have enough time.
You will end up in an experienced mod team and receive free webspace for personal use, as well as the possibility of free games.

Please provide a link to an online portfolio if interested.

sshot049.bmp

No, what I meant it is, post pictures of your work please.

This is t 70 I made. It was made in 15 mins so you can imagine what I could do in 2-3 hours.

Sorry for the bade skinning. :P

Edited by Acevetren

Sorry Ace but you already told me that you just started modeling last week. We're looking for experienced modelers who can model accurately and to very high standards, most of us have been doing it for years. You need a lot more practice.

Sorry Ace but you already told me that you just started modeling last week. We're looking for experienced modelers who can model accurately and to very high standards, most of us have been doing it for years. You need a lot more practice.

:(

My work sucked to begin with too, everyone's does, if you have the patience to master the skill then it is something that will serve you well, but there is no way to acquire a talent in a hurry.

My work sucked to begin with too, everyone's does, if you have the patience to master the skill then it is something that will serve you well, but there is no way to acquire a talent in a hurry.

Exactly. I had been doing 3D for nearly 4 years before I was given a job on Blitz 2, even now I look on some of my earlier Blitz 2 models and think I could have done better. Talent in 3D does not come overnight.

If you want to see a clear example on this, look on my generals tank modeling tutorial. I wrote that waaaay back in 2002, way before I joined DS. That leopard is a terrible model and I'm so tempted to re-write the tutorial again just go get rid of the leopard or make it look better.

Hi, I am a 3D modeler who can unwrap and texture well. Been at it for about 8 years.

I can do all that you ask.

Anyone pay attention to this forum anymore? if so, email me.

VertexWalker@gmail.com

Edited by VertexWalker

Well, I like the blind optimism of applying to a 6 year old recruitment thread.