DerelictStudios Forums
Sign in to follow this  
oldmanfunk

Ar2 Question.

Online play on WOL or XWIS for up to 8 players is supported.

You cannot play the original RA2 missions using AR2. A Nemesis campaign custom made for AR2 is being worked on. It will eventually be released.

Oh ok, because when i tried online play and nemises missions (to try and test the ones that were there) i could play online because it said i need the proper version off of westwood.com and the mission was unreadable. but i'm sure the mission problems will obveriously befix in the final 5.0 version of AR2.

There is no official date yet, but expect it to be released by around April to May, to be realistic. We may give up early preview copies by the end of this month through a contest tmapm is still planning though.

Not sure if this was cleared up. You CAN play online with 4.0. I have done it many times before. You do NOT have to wait until version 5.0 to play online. The only trick is that to play 4.0 online the person that you want to play with has to have the exact save version (4.0) AND the exact same version of YR. Try auto updating YR again if you think you didn't get all the patches. Also, make sure you take out any other mod files from your RA2 directory that may have been in there before you installed AR2.

Don't double post within a 12 hour period, edit your post. He means he always has AR2 enabled so when he wants to play it he can play it without having to enable it. It is ready to go.

yeah, we got some n00bs on our hands here... but thats ok, its good to see new people in the community, we were all there once. I'll try to explain this in a perspecive in which you can understand.

through WOL and XWISC you play with other people on the internet. This requires all people that are playing together to have the same game, version, ect. so that people aren't playing with different versions or cheats. however playing with mods is in fact possible. But all the players that are going to play MUST have the exact same version you do, if one file is different it WILL NOT work. So if you have a friend that wants to play YR v1.0 with you and you have v1.001 then it will not work (although it won't let him join until he patches, to help prevent these kinds of errors) It is the same with mods, if say I have AR2 v4.0 installed on my YR and you have AR2 v3.0, and we try to play it will NOT because we have different versions. But if we both have AR2 V4.0 we can play against each other, although we must both have it activated, and not have other mods activated at the same time (AR2 prolly wouldn't work with another mod installed anyway)

So you don't need AR2 v5.0 (which isn't out yet as you all know) to play onine you can do so with AR2 v4.0 if you do things correctly... I've tryed to play AR2 v4.0 online before, but couldn't get anyone to activate it the lazy bastards...

o_0 eh...

I guess some people still don't know the difference between n00bs and newbies. *sigh* Oh well.

Oh, and I pretty much said all that already... yeah.