DerelictStudios Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PaNZ3R

Ideas For Super Weapons And Commandos

Commandos will really add a kind of greater feel for the micro managing side of this mod.

First off, if release 2 comes out for ZH (which it should) the commando should be limited to x number of units.

Commandos should also show up on the map with a special indicator, kinda like in ZH. That way it would be easy to find him if he/she wasnt bound to a group key.

A "burtan" style commando would be great for the Allies. He would be able to sneek past enemy barracks and strongholds, and place explosives on key structers. Maybe he could sneek into the enemy base and kill its builders off with a stealth attack?

As for the Axis and Allies thats somthing im still thinking about. One thing i do suggest is give the commando the abilty to detect and maybe disarm mines.. just a thought.

As for super weapons I think the ultimate weapon would have to be a "Little Boy" style nuke, but that was not until the very end of the war, and by then germany was out of the race.

Maybe a good SW for the Axis can be the V2 rocket? Yet agian just a thought.

Well what do you think? I would like to hear from everyone, but plz try to stay on the subject.

hmmm, the nuke idea is okay, but since this mod is supposed to emphasize realism, i dont really like it. perhaps a firestorm? firestorms = very destructive. what do you think?

EDIT: wait, forget that. i forgot, the next release will have superweapons, so its too late to change everything. lol i'm dumb :lol:

As for super weapons I think the ultimate weapon would have to be a "Little Boy" style nuke, but that was not until the very end of the war, and by then germany was out of the race.

That was kinda hinting that the nuke idea was a little over the top because it might be over the top, sry for the confusion.

As for commandos, id like to say that I am all for the idea of having them being unique for each side, its just that allowing them to detect mines(or atleast allowing one of them) would make the commando a valuable unit.

i say russians should get teh a sniper commando like the GLA and snipe guys out of tanks or whatever

well, i think that you cant really snipe tanks.....

maybe just open topped vehicles.....

Allies could plant explosives and use a knife attack

The germans could get commandoes which set explosives and booby traps.

Russian defense of the homeland commandoes can set even more destructive booby traps than the germans but booby traps are unavalible to the tank general.

All comandoes are cloaked.

perhaps instead of giving the germans a commando unit (Im assuming theres a one commando limit at any given time) you could give them Waffen SS elite troopers which function as 'sub commandos'. Give them an a machinegun, nades for taking out tanks and light explosives (or whatever works out for them), and put a 5 unit limit on them. This way, each side gets commando like units, and relatively unique to each other as well. SS troops trained to speak american slang were used towards the end, so this could apply in the game like the spies from the RA series. Your SS troops could dress up like allied (and soviet for balancing reasons) and infiltrate that way. The advantage is that detectors won't reveal them as enemies, since they arent stealthed, but the disadvantage being that they aren't stealthed and that a commander who pays attention to his troops movement wpould be able to pick them out. Comments? Personally i like this idea, but again this might be a bit combersome for a mod like this.

perhaps instead of giving the germans a commando unit (Im assuming theres a one commando limit at any given time) you could give them Waffen SS elite troopers which function as 'sub commandos'. Give them an a machinegun, nades for taking out tanks and light explosives (or whatever works out for them), and put a 5 unit limit on them. This way, each side gets commando like units, and relatively unique to each other as well. SS troops trained to speak american slang were used towards the end, so this could apply in the game like the spies from the RA series. Your SS troops could dress up like allied (and soviet for balancing reasons) and infiltrate that way. The advantage is that detectors won't reveal them as enemies, since they arent stealthed, but the disadvantage being that they aren't stealthed and that a commander who pays attention to his troops movement wpould be able to pick them out. Comments? Personally i like this idea, but again this might be a bit combersome for a mod like this.

That infiltrate idea would be awesome for commandoes.....

I was just hit with a good commando idea for the russians while reading the replies. I am sure one of the makers of Blitzkrieg have heard of the russian sniper Vassili Zaitsev. For those who are not here is a link:

http://salc.wsu.edu/Fair_S02/FS12/characters/vassili.htm

Yes, thats right folks a russian sniper who prooved himslef time and time agian.

I think he is perfect for a commando type figure for 2 reasons.

1. He actually existed, much like everything else in this mod. :angry:

2. He wouldnt be that hard at all too do seeing as to how the gla already have "Jarmen Kel" (not how you spell it but whatever) who is a very "Vassili" type figure.

Edit Jarmens's code so he cant kill drivers(or leave it in, if its not too unrealistic :) ). Increase his sniping range. Increase firing rate, leave the ability to stay hidden withn buildings, and you have a perfect commando. A secondary attack or skill would be nice 2.

Oh and the SS sound like a good idea aswell, the SS were an elite group, and it would vary the teams a bit more.

lol without noticing Guderian came partly up with the same idea :angry: In WW2 there were only a few germans who were able to speak american with a slang. In the battle of bulge this was used. These were skorzeny commandos. They infiltrated the lines and worked behind the lines, these units included american jeeps, halftracks, and converted german armour. They cut of communication lines and redirected whole american units. But there went something wrong, 1 unit was discovered. The americans started to setup checkpoints everywhere, they feared these german units, and were very hard to discover by look and by talking. Every single soldier had to be checked, what caused traffic jam in the ardennes ;) Supplies and supply troops where late.

:)

Maybe this is more fun, the german commandos who redirect allied troops, maybe something like that a part of your own troops are not visible on radar? And if you shoot the trator finaly, that the allies start to ask eachother questions, which result in not moving your units for some time (they will fire, but you can't give them movement orders or something).

The americans are more likely to destroy buildings or something? :)

ah yes american checkpoints, half the time they asked questions that real americans wouldn't even know. However as soon as they declared all infiltrators would be tried and shot, well that ended the threat pretty quickly.

the thread yes, but the confusion started than :angry: You can't make checkpoints to delay whole units as happened, but you can for example, delay a whole area of units just after you shot a traitor :)

the traffic jam + the feared americans after the discover caused more troubles than the thread (the militairy power + the sabotage actions) itself ;)

Haha

ah yes american checkpoints, half the time they asked questions that real americans wouldn't even know. However as soon as they declared all infiltrators would be tried and shot, well that ended the threat pretty quickly.

Yep that it did...

My thoughts: If the nuclear weapon is to be added, it should be so fucking powerful that it would destroy every fucking thing on the map so when you choose to use it you should be taking a gamble because heck you never know, your units might and your buildings might just happen to be too close and they will go kaboom along with the enemy. This is what the Blitz2 nuclear bomb SHOULD be like. Also after it detonates, it should leave gamma radiation behind to kill all your men and leave a apocalyptic wasteland of the entire map.

And now you wants limits on commandos but wouldnt take it for a bunch of stupid ww2 that never even fired a shot in anger???????????

allied SW could be (allied invasion... its like a giant airstrike (about 2-3 planes dropping supplies/and or troops)

or

for the british some of those lancaster bomber raid or something

Superweapons??? I think more something like super-powers...

Russians : Russian Winter - All enemy tanks move and turn 50% slower and maybe fire 25% slower and infantry lose health slowly... It was hell on the Germans and Napoleon's army.

Germans : Blitzkrieg - All of your own tanks move and shoot faster (every tank gains effect of a General for a short amount of time?)

Allies : D-Day - Infantry drops all over the map (mixed snipers, AT teams and Soldiers) - about 1 unit / unit you have or maybe a set amount of units (like 50 or something)

I would say... make it single use only, as these are all things that turned the tide of war.

Hmm, slightly impossible, but why did you see the need to post these ideas TWICE in two different topics? ;)

My thoughts: If the nuclear weapon is to be added, it should be so fucking powerful that it would destroy every fucking thing on the map so when you choose to use it you should be taking a gamble because heck you never know, your units might and your buildings might just happen to be too close and they will go kaboom along with the enemy. This is what the Blitz2 nuclear bomb SHOULD be like. Also after it detonates, it should leave gamma radiation behind to kill all your men and leave a apocalyptic wasteland of the entire map

Err...... wouldn't that give the Allies an insemountable advantage, as when they reached the rank to get a nuke it would be game over. They are powerful, but not quite on an armagedeon (sp? Who gives a damn) scale.

allied SW could be (allied invasion... its like a giant airstrike (about 2-3 planes dropping supplies/and or troops)

or

for the british some of those lancaster bomber raid or something

The lancaster is going to be buildable.