DerelictStudios Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ThomaK WarheaD

Westwood

Which CnC Background do you prefer ?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Which CnC Background do you prefer ?

• CnC Tiberian Conflict
    • CnC Tiberian Sun
    • CnC Renegade
    • CnC Red Alert
    • CnC Red Alert 2
    • CnC Generals

From what I understand, WW was originally overlooked by EA (as most companies are nowadays in one way or another) under the 'all rivers run through rome' sort of system. Then, though there were several rumours, for reasons really unknown WW the company was essentially disolved and reformed into EA Pacific, with some members leaving, some joining other companies and so on.

Oh, and RA2 is my favorite, as although the graphics are now looking very out dated, it had some great gaming moments and you just gotta love those videos between movies.

in germany the game was called "Tiberium Konflinkt"...maybe it had in france a similar name?

but sure tiberian conflict reminds me of something

allthough "Tiberian Conflict" sounds really stupid compared to "Tiberium Konflikt" :lol:

btw.

"Tiberian Dawn" should be the name for 3rd Tiberium game in Germany

Ima gonna make a compnay EA Sucks or Westwood Reborn

Oyea a movie you guys HAVE to watch is Star Warp'd

It is hillarios/

I voted ra2, becasue it was soo great, and if it wasnt created, I wouldnt be here! I started by making a campain for yuri, replacing allies, but I finished that, and serched for mapping sites needing help, and came across Modden and Raden, where there was a mod called Moomans rules, which mademe want to mod, so I started modding ( but my modding in ra2 was useless B) ) meh, then its a longstory how I got here ( rather interesting however ivolving 3 ww2 mods ( or was it 4 :) )

So therefor ra2 is te best! :D

number 1 generals is not a cnc all it has is the name your paying for the name not the game itself. list me all the things that generals has in common with past cnc games.

not created by westwood.

no harvesters

new seriers

the changed the Command and Conquer logo and incoporated it into the Generals logo saying that Command and Conquer is Genenerals and not a branch of it.

no navy :D

differnt style of play (clicking on buildings to build units ect)

are beloved command bar has been placed on the bottom :(

and there is no storyline whatsoever.

all in all its a good game but im sorry and i hate to say this but its not a cnc you payed for the name and opend the box to find Generals.

In my opinoin Red Alert kicked ass you could play that game forever (and still do time to time)

TD was the original and the mother of all cnc to come after it.

RA2 was great Renegade was the first ever cnc to satisfy the FPS players in the cnc compunity and now the Mods RenAlert and Reborn are taking Renegade a step foward to bring you RA and TS to the firstperson theater.

number 1 generals is not a cnc all it has is the name your paying for the name not the game itself. list me all the things that generals has in common with past cnc games.

not created by westwood.

no harvesters

new seriers

the changed the Command and Conquer logo and incoporated it into the Generals logo saying that Command and Conquer is Genenerals and not a branch of it.

no navy

differnt style of play (clicking on buildings to build units ect)

are beloved command bar has been placed on the bottom

and there is no storyline whatsoever.

all in all its a good game but im sorry and i hate to say this but its not a cnc you payed for the name and opend the box to find Generals.

In my opinoin Red Alert kicked ass you could play that game forever (and still do time to time)

TD was the original and the mother of all cnc to come after it.

RA2 was great Renegade was the first ever cnc to satisfy the FPS players in the cnc compunity and now the Mods RenAlert and Reborn are taking Renegade a step foward to bring you RA and TS to the firstperson theater.

your being a little harsh here.

first of all, it wasnt created by the whole westwood team, but some crewmembers were involved in the making of the game

second of all, there are harvesters. i think you mean there is a different system of cash, instead of money spread all over its all clumped up, yes i disagree with that but you can make maps with "orefields" instead of one big supply pile

new series, sure, but what do you call Red Alert? sure, it has SOME ties to the Tiberian series, but not much........its mostly its own universe

i didnt like the changing of the logo at all, but the new ZH logo looks fab

no navy? technically there is, and besides, there are mods out there that let you build navy. and if your marking down generals for "being without navy" you might as well mark down Tiberian Dawn, Tiberian Sun, Renegade, etc

yes, i hated the different style of play and the displacement of the command bar, thats too Starcraft-ish, but its not that bad when you think of it

yes, the storyline was good but WAY too GENERAL (as the name of the game implies :blink: ). Zero Hour does a LOT better job with the storyline, even personalizing it with live reports from James Seabury, Sun Mei Ying, and Omar bin Ghazali

Hey guys! I got an idea for a new EA logo! You see the logo come up, and then it says: "EA Gay-mes: Assimilate Everything!" then it does it's little disappearing thing. Eh? Eh? :lol: