DerelictStudios Forums
jonwil

New Mod For C&c3 That Enables Buildable Walls

Grab it from http://users.tpg.com.au/jfwfreo/walls.zip

This mod enables walls to be built in the game.

Note that because it is a mod, it will most likely prevent you from playing with anyone who doesn't have the mod.

Also, although this has been extensively tested and works on my machine, I make no guarantees that it will work on yours.

To install this, make a backup copy of the CNC3_english_1.4.SkuDef file in your C&C3 folder. Then unzip the walls.zip file into your C&C3 folder. You should have a modified CNC3_english_1.4.SkuDef file plus a folder called "walls".

To uninstall, remove the "walls" folder and restore the backup copy of the CNC3_english_1.4.SkuDef file.

I don't believe this cause any issues when 1.05 comes out since 1.05 will create a CNC3_english_1.5.SkuDef file. (needless to say, I will be updating this mod for 1.05 once I get my hands on the data files :)

Post here if you have any problems or questions (or if you just want to thank me for providing such a cool mod :)

Oh and in case anyone wants to know, NO, this wont work with C&C3 on the 360 :)

Well done!

By the way, do you know why when I tried to do that mod by editing the ini files so that your starting building was a wall hub and you had an mcv, it caused all my units to spontaneously self-destruct?

,May 19 2007, 7:50 PM] They're basically just taller, brighter Nod walls (i.e., NOT Tiberian Sun-style), so I didn't bother.

Boo. :(

I noticed in the demo mission, the compound you set up shop in has old TS GDI-styled walls.

Yes, the TS-style walls (and even destroyed & permanently-lowered gates) are available as map objects. But apparently when EA was playing around with walls in C&C3 they opted for a different approach.

It makes sense, to a degree, since the BFMEII wall system is "hub" based, allowing joints of any angle or multiplicity, but the TS walls didn't really have "hubs" of any sort, and they were very 90-degree-angle oriented.

I made an installer for this mod because many people have problems installing the mod or don't understand exactly what to do, especially if the language of the game is not english.

CnC_3_TW_Wall_Mod.zip

Edited by Bibber

Eh, won't work for me. Tried installer and original method. Version 1.4 obviously

Could it be a Kane edition thing?

Or perhaps for some reason a path is goofy?

I have the game installed to C:\cc3\ for example and it's not at the traditional pathway

C:\Program Files\etc\etc\etc

Edited by specialmias

Path is read from the registry, so it should work. Whether Kane Edition or Standard Edition shouldn't matter.

Seems that the mod is not fully working ...

The mod works for moi just fine. (I used the manual file copying, not the installer)

Could it be related at all to what language the game is using?

Edited by Mighty BOB!

I have the german Kane Edition and it works fine, with installer and with manual method. So I don't know why some people don't get it work.

Well I did hear a rumor that something like 50% of the games shipped with some corrupted files on the disc.

Or perhaps the people who can't get it to work "acquired" it for "free" from "places" on the "Internet."

Or perhaps the people who can't get it to work "acquired" it for "free" from "places" on the "Internet."

Nope, got it from a Gamestop near where I live. Not some place on the Internets.

Also, In case I ever get this working, Can you put turrets and such ontop of Wallhubs?

EDIT:

Oh, I just had to restart. >.<

No, I can't put turrets on Wallhubs. There goes one plan!

Edited by Dennis

Well I did hear a rumor that something like 50% of the games shipped with some corrupted files on the disc.

i got a legal copy of the Kane Edition and i can't get the mod to work

Edited by ampqre