DerelictStudios Forums
Goose

Guess That Aircraft!

Judging by the popularity of the "Guess that tank" threads i thought it would be fun to start a "guess that aircraft" thread. A couple of rules,

1. Military aircraft only but they can be fast jet, rotary wing (helicopters) or multi-engine aircraft from any country.

2. Same rules as the tank thread, whoever guesses the aircraft correctly by the name and country its produced in gets to start a new challenge. If you give up then its a free round.

Ok ill get this started, its probably an easy one for most of you but I forgot the name of this helicopter so i was hoping somebody could help me. It looks like a Eurocopter Tiger but i don't think it is. I took this photo myself at farnborough airshow 2006 so this exact picture won't be anywhere else on the net.

cimg0018zy2.jpg

there's already a 'Guess That Plane' thread out there...

Sorry, forgot to search, but It clearly hasn't been used in a while, its not on the front page, think of this as round 2. Also this is a guess that aircraft. Not just plane.

that's an Agusta A129 Mangusta.

It is indeed, I guess that makes it your go Sasquatch. :D

Edited by Goose

sorry. back from school.

This should be pretty easy.

Especially seeing its on the side of the bloody airplane. :lol:

Rockwell XFV-12. I'm feeling generous, want to post another one that will actually have to be guessed?

Nah, you go for it Torlek, you won it fair and square, im too stupid to notice that it was written on the side, although i did spot the navy bit and spent a few minutes trawling through the naval history site

The tradition is we usually wait for the asker to confirm even if we're certain of it. And as I said, I'm feeling generous.

Fiat G91R Italian Air Force

Mike (Goose) you scare me :o you no every plane on this planet of by heart, how? :blink:

Actually not the response I was looking for, I was hoping for G.91Y. However there's not really enough detail in this photo to tell that the guns are 30mm instead of .50 cal. Your go.