DerelictStudios Forums
Count von Phoib

New Cnc3 Trailer Available!

Head over to Game Trailers to view a new CnC3 trailer.

It starts with a nice introduction on the state of the planet, where today's threat level is listed as "elavated" and where you'll get an introduction to the state of the world, including Red, Yellow and Green zones.

After this introduction, you'll see ingame footage, which doesn't show any Nod units yet, but it has some nice footage of Orca's shooting up a flat where "Nod fanatics" are hiding, Mammoths shelling said flat and Orca bombers coming in to finish it all of!

All topped of with Frank Klepacki music, so be sure to check it out!

So we get some shots of the install screen... woo...

Also, it's not Klepacki's new music, because he's moved to Petroglyph. This is just some old stuff they still have license on. Not bad, still. Maybe they'll get their in-house composers to remix it some.

Edited by Rattuskid

Watching the "goodies" bomb the crap out of civilian buildings, and then hearing "mission acomplished" is a bit wierd... I like the bit with the Mamoth lunging over the mound of soil, and the way its tracks flopped about at the peak of it :D

Nice as it was, it seemed a bit... i dunno, didnt have a realistic feel to it. I'll have to really see if the gameplay makes up for it with the demo before I buy it.

the gameplay looks... weird... like in generals tbh. the missiles hitting the orcas didnt really "do" much to them. When a jet gets missile'd I wanna see it evade them or for bits to fall off!

The standout omgwowcool feature of this is their spanktastic colour pallette. I am really impressed. By keeping things restriced to greys and browns they make the whole game look really nice.

Check out the regions that have been left to turn Red as well:

Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iran, Khazakstan :P

Also southern Europe, central Africa and Australia... muahhahaha XD

Among the yellow is Antarctia ? Weird...

The lucky Blue zones are:

Canada

UK

Scandanaivia

Japan

Madagasca

South Africa

Oman & UAE

Argentina

Ivory Coast & Ghana

(some other places I can't really make out!)

Those guys blasting houses on the eastern US seaboard are probably "pacifying" some insurgents, given the US is now a yellow zone and therefore "hostile".

I'm not that overwhelmed by it...

The vid gives me mixed feelings, not that impressive as they claim, tbh.

Check out the regions that have been left to turn Red as well:

Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iran, Khazakstan :P

The meteor carrying Tiberium landed near the Tiber River. Of course it's going to be worse there.

And that's from 1995, so shut up. :P

I loved the trailer, I got to watch it on TV so it was awesome (To me it really makes a difference).

I like it. someone needs to make a login screen like that so i can use it on my PC.

I'll probrably end up playing as NOD.

Edited by Sasquatch

You guys do know thats the e3 trailer unchanged. *cheap asses*

Not only is it not the e3 trailer, but the e3 trailer was a rendered movie...not the actual engine. The new stuff is the actual engine.

* The gameplay footage was mainly taken from an updated version of what we showed at E3, really just meant to set the tone, some of the effects, and give you a sneak peek into what you can expect visually and impacting.* Said by the comunity manager. :P

Edited by usafirewarrior

I thought the EVA part was pretty cool, but found the "gunships blow up civilian buildings = mission accomplished!!!" underwhelming, as others have said.