Sign in to follow this  
flyby

I Told You So !

You see how harmful games can be!

They are evil !!!

BAN online games!

Burn them!

It can kill you !

lawsuits pending! contact your lawyers and get your money now !

http://edition.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/asiapcf/...reut/index.html

....right... <_<

Shame they didn't compare with how many ppl die on a daily basis because they fell asleep behind the wheel...

This is so stupid. Do anything for 50 hours straight and you'll probably die.

Not necessarily, I've been awake for 72 hours straight a couple of times without too much trouble, but if someone has a weak heart or something they obviously shouldn't attempt something like this.

This is so stupid. Do anything for 50 hours straight and you'll probably die.

You don't die of sleep deprevation, you start to hallucinate.

I recall, for my endwork rush in my last year of architecture, I worked 56hrs straight.

Sleep gets soooo overpowering that closing your eyes for a second demands an extraordinary effort to open them again. Oh, You so much want to sleep... :sick:

At the very end, I wasn't really productive anymore, to be honnest. I then had this weird spatial sensation of floating into an uppercorner of the room.

I still regulary work for long hours and although I can't do what I used to do, working for 18 hrs straight several days a month isn't a real exception.The difference is that I work, while he played. Also, nothing is said about his physical condition... he might have been a fat , cigaret smoking blob, prone to hartfailure anyway?

Soldiers in a British tank with American planes about might not even get to 50 hours :P jk

At the very end, I wasn't really productive anymore, to be honnest. I then had this weird spatial sensation of floating into an uppercorner of the room.

hmmm that's interesting... I think I've experienced that before... sorta.

The hardest part to staying awake is breaking that certain barrier, once you fail to fall asleep enough time, you naturally could just not fall-asleep, until the next time your body tells you to shut down again (usually it's the eyes)... I'm just speaking from personal experience, nothing scientific or medical :P

Very true, but once you do break that barrier it get's easier though, at least for a while. And the hallucinations I experienced were only minor, like moving textures on the walls and shadows playing tricks, nothing too serious.

Nothing in that article actually proves anything, it only raises questions about the guy's health and stamina.

Yeah Ive expierenced that too...until something happened then somehow I was mysteriously awake and alert...

As for that idiot...WTF was he thinking?!?

Adrenaline feels very nice and cold...

:)

Man dies after online game marathon

that's an old game, play something more interesting.

and yeah, playing games for 50 hours stright doesn't kill people, it just makes your hands feel funny :D and when you stand up, your head feels high :lol:

and yeah, playing games for 50 hours stright doesn't kill people, it just makes your hands feel funny :D and when you stand up, your head feels high :lol:

What do you know about Asian gaming ay? :huh: Especially Koreans, they tend to play a popular game for a long time. Starcraft, Quake 3, Warcraft 3, etc are still major games for competition around here.

Playing games is a form of escapism.

If you feel that bad so you play for 50hrs straight, then you are in need of mental help, or at least friends that are prepared to listen what's bothering you.

Playing computer games only have the effect to temporary push aside all problems and worries you got and submerge you into a fictional world.

If the need for escapism is very frequent then you can easily speak of an addiction, comparable with a gambling addiction or compulsory theft behavior.

But that doesn't make games bad, as in moderate "consumation" it works therapeuthic and channels frustration and agression into an inoffensive virtual environment.

What do you know about Asian gaming ay? :huh: Especially Koreans, they tend to play a popular game for a long time. Starcraft, Quake 3, Warcraft 3, etc are still major games for competition around here.

for your information, i know alot. if you've seen me on MSN, im in China visiting my grandparents and now, im doing volenterry work which in every lunch time, they play old counter-strike 1.5 with crappy lighting and everything is bad, i suggested to play CSS but they say it's too dark and CS1.5 is fine...... god damn it, try some new games

Man, my former roommate played games all the fuckin time. Never had any 50 hour gaming sessions though. There was the one weekend where he did nothing but play through Halo 2 on Ledendary - that was hysterical, I was in my room working on a paper and kept hearing all these gun shots, master chief's suit recharging, then a loud bang and my roommate would shout 'fuck' so loud that it was straining his vocal chords. He'd been stuck in the hangar where the covenant guys keep coming out of their dropship like clowns out of a volkswagon. It was funny as hell, I'm in my room typing a paper about the pre-columbian city of Teotihuacan and the temple of the feathered serpent and in the background I hear more ammo being expended than in the opening scene of saving private ryan and my roommate dieing more deaths than in that scene as well.

Monkey, you're an educated man. It's been a while since I had that class but I believe you're right. Yeah many of them left because of the depleted resources, that and I think they got tired of the decapitations and people's hearts getting cut out, weird ancient cultures.