DerelictStudios Forums
EvilViking

Help Wanted

These are the current positions open in the An Act of War Team and the AAOW Voice Actors:

- Modeler(s): Able to make low-polygon units and/or buildings and optimize. Rigging ability is a plus

- Texture artist(s): Able to create a realistic unit texture using any software, Photoshop is prefered. Experiance is required.

- Mapper(s): At least 1 year's experiance preferred, or able to create nicely detailed and textured multiplayer or singleplayer maps. Scripting ability is a plus

- Voice actors: We're currently looking for voice actors for both the Iraqi and USA sides. Accents needed:

> Arabic

> Texan

> Middle American/American

> British

> Latino

> Another others welcome to try out

If you're interested in helping out, send me a sample of your work! :)

PCTeen1{AT}cncgames.every.net

or for large files (over 1000kb)

CoolShades2006{AT}gmail.com

Thanks!

Edited by PCTeen1

you still need voice actors?? If so write the lines you need said here and i will send you sample of my work, also say what cind of acent and if the unit is exited happy angry you know how i should say it :ph34r: This is the only way i can help out i have been into tecturing, and i made a game in c++ one but my skills are not up to date...

Bye the way in my game you made a car go left righ, and there war a road in the background.......

Edited by Hamsterpower

Please remember, voice acting could end up taking up a lot of time, it's a serious commitment. If you want to apply, send samples here:

CoolShades_2006[AT]yahoo.com

Thanks!

Still waiting on the sample. :)

Sample voice:

M1A2 Abrams

Type: Dark, deep voice, very tough sounding

Voice Create: Abrams here

Voice Select1: Main Battle Tank

Voice Select2: M1A2 here

Voice Select3: Ready to roll

Voice Select4: Scanning for targets

Voice Attack1: Enemy sighted!

Voice Attack2: Round loaded!

Voice Attack3: Fire!

Voice Attack4: Take it out!

Voice Attack5: Open fire!

Voice Attack6: Range 300

Voice Move1: Rolling out

Voice Move2: On the way

Voice Move3: Moving now

Voice Move4: Roger that

Voice Move5: Command Received

Voice Move6: Heading to the target area

Voice Move7: Yes, sir!

Tank Machine Gun upgrade: Sir, we're arming the coaxials!

© 2005 An Act of War Team :P

Please note that we are very behind in aquiring voice actors! v2.0 is going to have a ton of content, but it's going to take to long to get it all together at this rate. If you think you have even a normal sound voice (hehe), send a sample off!

Also note the updated email addresses!

Cool PCTEEN, thanx i got 3Dmax and photoshop 8.0 CS, but i dont know what to do or the coding, is there a way i can learn so as to help yall out and make me feel useful?

Cool PCTEEN, thanx i got 3Dmax and photoshop 8.0 CS, but i dont know what to do or the coding, is there a way i can learn so as to help yall out and make me feel useful?

How experienced are you with Photoshop USAF05?

If i give you a template do you think you can skin one of the Iraqi units if I give you some pics of the real think and a pic of another finished unit so you can match the skin to the whole basic look of our Iraqi units?

LOL im really good with Photoshop cause im in a web design class in high school. My teacher really good, probably the best ive ever seen. If someone will help me with 3Dmax, id be happy to skin some tanks and stuff, just show me the steps and ill do it . Whats ur mail? ill send u this awesome pic of a t-72 that i think everyone will love.

You won't have to do any modeling, most of the modeling is already done, Ill create UVW templates for you to draw on and just return your finished work to me and Ill apply it.

you can send to pestilence64@pestilence64.com

ok, so you guys send me stuff, like templates, right? THose are like little bits and pieces of the actual unit. OK? and then i draw it and make it look friggin as realistic as i can and then send it back? did i miss something :huh:

Here ya go USA05, its a small statue, simple skin job to get accustomed to skin and texture drawing.

3 files, 1 is a .bmp that is your template to draw over(you'll prolly think of it but just incase, always leave the original layer untouched, use only for reference)

And 2 .jpg for reference, one is the actual and the other is the model.

If you have any question about what your looking at, don't hesitate to ask.

thx for the help.

Gold_Eagle.zip

How about if I make an act of war scenario for Civillization 3 based on your excellent mod to gain support from that community. Just an idea, i'll look into if its fesable when I dabble with it's scenario creater if you give me the OK. ;)