Future Versions Updates
Posted 08 August 2005 - 04:19 AM
New units that don't upset anything but make the game more fun and all useful. A good example is TA : Absolute Annihilation.
In there EVERY unit has a purpose, even with tons of units.
And you and me gotta work on campaign sometime...
And maybe we gotta plan to put AR2 next on Supreme Commander? It would work...
Posted 08 August 2005 - 02:47 PM
I don't really think anything new gameplay wise is neccessary, but more maps and of course the campaign would be very cool.
Posted 16 August 2005 - 07:57 PM
Summary of my thoughts:
- Fixing all know internal errors must be the top priority.
- Drop the cost penalty for Genesis units while G has a Venagenium. It only encourages players to sell the Venagenium after building an airbase, then it's a race to build aircraft.
- Or encourage players to keep the Venagenium by upgrading the Leviathan - longer range, much harder to shoot down its projectiles, etc.
- Make Genesis Reapers more efficient - faster and / or give them a small bonus in terms of $ per unit of vinifera harvested.
- Improve Enforcers' visual range (see yet another thread).
- Make Orchid a hover unit. It's odd that Leviathan hovers but Orchid doesn't.
- Provide a decent counter to Armageddon. The best I've seen is that someone filled an Enforcer with Cutilators and ran it round Armageddon without making the Enforcer itself shoot at Armageddon. I got the impression from the post that having the Cutilators on board cloaked the Enforcer. This all sounds like exploiting a bug and therefore rather cheesy. And it could be negated by attacking in another area with other forces, so the defender takes his eye off the Enforcer.
- Give Nemesis some late and expensive but fairly powerful air defence, so Nemesis can't simply be crushed by a swarm of aircraft.
- Give Nemesis some air combat capability.
- Improve Genesis Decimators or make them much cheaper. At present Nemesis conscripts can clear them at a fraction of the cost.
- Stop Genesis AI from building far too many Aurabelts.
- Stop Genesis AI from cheating on prerequisites. It routinely sends about 5 Gryphons to my base without having built Airbase or Venagenium or Vision. I don't mind the poor AI getting some help, but I'd prefer it to be in the form of $ so it can build faster. That way the human player can see the Airbase go up and then start building air defence structures and units.
For example what about one whose speciality is fast, cheap, permanently cloaked but fragile units which can only be detected by fairly fragile units with no offensive ability? That would give us a race of sneaky raiders in addition to the hi-tech Genesis and brute-force Nemesis. Yes, I admit I got the idea from Starcraft (AR2 has Cutilators, but they're tough and slow, and there's 1 similar unit in the Robot Storm for YR - Cutilators and the Robot Storm unit both uncloak to attack).
Or, on a similiar theme, a race whose combat units can't cloak themselves but they can be cloaked by a non-combat unit (like the Protoss Arbiter in Starcraft - the Arbiter does have a weapon but it's fairly weak).
Or what about a race of chrono-shifters like the Allies' chrono units in YR ? Make the phase-in time proportional to the distance travelled. This would be another raiding race.
Or a race with units which are not very tough but are fast and self-heal very quickly, like the Zerg in Starcraft?
Or a race with only infantry (no planes, vehicles, ships or defensive structures), but they're all tough and many have anti-air capability. For maps with sea or barriers they'd need a transport unit, preferably one with gun-ports the infantry can shoot from - or make all the infantry good swimmers and climbers. To make this one work it might be necessary to improve the cost-effectiveness of having multiple Barracks. This race would be like Nemesis' huge grinding land armies only more so.
This post has been edited by philcha: 16 August 2005 - 08:02 PM