An Act Of War Is Dormant, For Now Long Live An Act Of War!
Posted 12 December 2007 - 02:47 AM
The future holds great things for An Act of War. Many of our team members, including myself, are currently involved in 3D/graphics/programming related education, or are now working in related fields. As we are learning new things, this new knowledge will most definately benefit the future of An Act of War. Be sure to stay tuned as we make the finishing touches on our website, and prepare to release more up-to-date beta for public testing.
As you play through the beta, be sure to submit bugs, ideas, comments to suggestions in our forums, or directly to me at EvilViking[AT]gmail.com . Please clearly mark your email as An Act of War related so it will not be marked as spam.
Thank you to all of our fans who have very patiently waited for v2.0 of An Act of War. I hope the final experience will be beyond your expectations. For now, enjoy the beta, and keep those bug reports and ideas flowing!
The latest beta, beta 1.5, featuring an almost complete United States, can be found for download here.
Please remember to submit bug reports on any issues with currently available content. Note that much content (Iraqi units and buildings, ships, etc) is missing, and that missing content is not a bug but a part of playing a beta.
See below for the release notes of EvilViking.
Official Beta v1.5 Discussion thread:
Official Beta v1.5 Public Buglist:
Posted 12 December 2007 - 02:48 AM
- The installer is a beta, and may not uninstall some files correctly. Read-me's, images, license agreements, etc, may not be final.
Possibly United States unfinished work:
- The Barracks and Stealth Fighter have had very little graphical changes. Depending on feedback, we may redo them completely.
- Only a few new voices are included, as we're having trouble finding actors
- As we work on Iraq, more particle effects may be added
- Many missions (5-6) will be included with the alpha. Some are WIPs of final missions, others are ideas we're looking at. None are completed, so if you want to avoid spoilers, don't play them.
- The shellmap is an early alpha
Important note on Iraq:
- The version of Iraq included in this version is very outdated, and is not ready for any kind of play-testing. The Iraqi AI is also broken.
- About 6 new maps will be included in this version
- Some maps will support Naval units, however, nothing about the naval units is finished. Expect missing textures, incorrect cameos and descriptions, and various other errors.
- The new United States AI is included with this alpha. All difficulty settings are supported. Easy is still *very* easy, as well.
- No videos will be included in this alpha
Remaining Zero Hour fragments:
- China is still in this alpha, as is the China campaign, and most likely other ZH things. They will not be in the final v2.0.
- 5 new tracks are included with this alpha, for the United States. Some are final, some may not be.
Please remember, this is an alpha. Although we are around 65% done with v2.0, we still have a lot to refine. Expect the alpha as soon as it is ready.
Posted 14 December 2007 - 03:09 AM
I tried it and it's really nice. The US tanks and planes are really far more better than in v1.1 (thus they were already great). Especially the bigger size is a really good idea.
I know it's dead and that's a pity but congratulations guys it's really a good work
Yhank you very much for that and good luck for your real life duties
This post has been edited by Matolck: 14 December 2007 - 02:44 PM
Posted 17 December 2007 - 03:39 PM
EDIT : Also you cant Indiuvidualy Select Units Or attack them =/
This post has been edited by mythwisper: 17 December 2007 - 03:54 PM
Posted 18 December 2007 - 04:31 AM
Please send any bugs you find to EvilViking@gmail.com with the subject line "AAOW Beta 1.5 Bugs" and you can help us squash them!
More up-to-date betas will be released for public testing as well.
Posted 18 December 2007 - 05:41 PM
This post has been edited by Godwin: 18 December 2007 - 05:41 PM
Posted 19 December 2007 - 01:40 PM
1.I have an error.i have encoutered a serious error,with 2.0 with version 1.1 i dont't have it. And i think a AMD 5000 2 Gb and ATI 1800 is sufficient fpr the game?
2.Second problem i can't build the Navy ships.