DerelictStudios Forums: Installation Issues And Fatal Errors With R3 - DerelictStudios Forums

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Installation Issues And Fatal Errors With R3 post here about issues that prevent you from playing

#41 User is offline   Comp_uter1 

• Private
  • Group: Volcano Citizen

Posted 04 February 2010 - 06:37 PM

QUOTE (Comrade Raptorkov @ Feb 1 2010, 10:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Uninstall zh, delete the folder in program files (zh folder man), reinstall zh, reinstall blitz and patch.

Doesn't work? try this \/

Download it again, delete all your blitz files, reinstall blitz and patch

still doesn't work? well report back.

all of the above does not work, i have my zero hour on my desktop (in a folder called COMMAND AND CONQUER) because another mod (contra007) F*cked it up so whenever i installed another mod it still came up with it and i cudnt uninstall it but no, i cannot get onto my cd's cab files (i.e. Data1 etc.) to manually get the files. ive tried all the extractors, and they all say corrupted. but it installs fine, missing a couple of files so it does work (btw all of the cab files were said to be "corrupted") please help raptor, so far your advice has/is unfailing, i hope it doesnt end now! (same for every1 smile.gif)

#42 User is offline   DirtyHarry 

• 1st Lieutenant
  • Group: Volcano Knight

Posted 04 February 2010 - 09:09 PM

If you can't uninstall your ZH because another mod corrupted it, you have a problem. Fix this first. Try using regmechanic or another tool. As a last resort, reinstall vista.

You have TFD right? Try looking through the posts about TFD. People got it to work.

You have to realize, that the blitz installer looks for certain files to be there, if they are not, it gives an error. You do have a game.dat, zero hour depends on it, its the main executable as far as i know (obviously not named .exe, as is common). If you some how damage your zh install, blitz will not work. Please note we can not help you install blitz on a damage ZH dir. We only provide support for blitz itself. It's a bit rude to ask for help when you know there is an outside problem that we didn't know about, didn't create and probably can't fix.

So completely uninstall TFD. Then reinstall it, making sure ZH gets in installed in a proper folder, aka the default install dir WITHOUT the letters ™. Then patch it.

Then install blitz to it, and patch it.

If you run windows vista or xp, you might have trouble locating files and directories via the explorer. Try using this http://www.ghisler.com/download.htm - total commander freeware. It gives you a good overview of your directories and files, its a perfect file manager. Do note to turn on hidden files etc.

Bye - DirtyHarry

#43 User is offline   Comp_uter1 

• Private

Posted 05 February 2010 - 07:24 PM

QUOTE (DirtyHarry @ Feb 4 2010, 7:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you can't uninstall your ZH because another mod corrupted it, you have a problem. Fix this first. Try using regmechanic or another tool. As a last resort, reinstall vista.

You have TFD right? Try looking through the posts about TFD. People got it to work.

You have to realize, that the blitz installer looks for certain files to be there, if they are not, it gives an error. You do have a game.dat, zero hour depends on it, its the main executable as far as i know (obviously not named .exe, as is common). If you some how damage your zh install, blitz will not work. Please note we can not help you install blitz on a damage ZH dir. We only provide support for blitz itself. It's a bit rude to ask for help when you know there is an outside problem that we didn't know about, didn't create and probably can't fix.

So completely uninstall TFD. Then reinstall it, making sure ZH gets in installed in a proper folder, aka the default install dir WITHOUT the letters ™. Then patch it.

Then install blitz to it, and patch it.

If you run windows vista or xp, you might have trouble locating files and directories via the explorer. Try using this http://www.ghisler.com/download.htm - total commander freeware. It gives you a good overview of your directories and files, its a perfect file manager. Do note to turn on hidden files etc.

Bye - DirtyHarry

NO NO NO! i had a mod that used the same dir as ZH but it didnt uninstall correctly so whenever i used the normal ZH it didnt work and used contra(007) so i reinstalled into this EXACT file directory:C:\Users\*****(my name)\Desktop\Desktop(the folder named desktop)\COMMAND AND CONQUER\Command & Conquer™ Generals Zero Hour but i seriously do NOT have a game.dat file in my main ZH dir(if thats where its supposed to be) wat im sayin is that im missing the files for all the factions, units,tooltips etc. i have reinstalled blitz but it made no difference. the ZH thing is my fault but im not asking for help with that; i was going on about the version 1.04 (probably to run blitz) but it cannot find the file game.dat @44% (and a few others). the new file dir shudnt make a difference as the installer auto seeks the game. i might as well just drop blitz and find a better mod.

P.S. i have windows 7 NOT vista, but that makes no difference

This post has been edited by Comp_uter1: 05 February 2010 - 07:26 PM

#44 User is offline   DirtyHarry 

• 1st Lieutenant

Posted 05 February 2010 - 11:56 PM

Game.dat is the main zh file. the game won't work without it. as far as i know, its named the same in TFD as in regular ZH.

to find it - run zero hour. press ctrl alt delete back in windows. look at the task manager processes - find game.dat.

If you can run zero hour fine then you have no missing files or corrupted cd. If you rename the zh dir to be C:\Users\*****(my name)\Desktop\Desktop(the folder named desktop)\COMMAND AND CONQUER\Command & Conquer Generals Zero Hour blitz should be able to install. Make sure you run in admin mode.

here is a thread about people using TFD http://www.derelictstudios.net/forums/inde...howtopic=177382.

I hope this suffices. Otherwise, i don't have a clue.

Greetings,

DirtyHarry

ps. do note that due to your bad english, i misunderstood you. it's not a biggy.

#45 User is offline   Comp_uter1 

• Private

Posted 06 February 2010 - 07:41 PM

i am very sorry, but it is not the actual blitz itself - it can run - but it is when i am on all the units,factions,tooltips etc. (basically everything thats modded) has a MISSING:<name of whatever> i assume blitz installs them as there are new units, but i cannot see when it is installing and installed, the files.

Thanks, Comp_uter1

This post has been edited by Comp_uter1: 07 February 2010 - 06:33 PM

#46 User is offline   DirtyHarry 

• 1st Lieutenant

Posted 07 February 2010 - 03:05 PM

Yeah, it means your install is corrupt. You are missing some files.

#47 User is offline   Comp_uter1 

• Private

Posted 07 February 2010 - 06:32 PM

sorry, but do you mean the TFD install or blitz? because im sure blitz would install them as generals zero hour doesnt have the factions etc. for blitz. help.gif wacko.gif

P.S. just as a bit of TFD info, there is no game.dat. just a generals.dat; i have also tried renaming the generals.dat to game.dat for the updater but it made no effect

This post has been edited by Comp_uter1: 07 February 2010 - 06:35 PM

#48 User is offline   DirtyHarry 

• 1st Lieutenant

Posted 07 February 2010 - 08:01 PM

Thought u said blitz installer halted at some point due to old-file-not-there.

then ur generals.dat is ur game.dat, don't rename it.

Have no idea how to help u further - ask around on the TFD thread.

We don't have TFD and don't support it officially. I also run XP atm, not vista.

Bye - DirtyHarry

#49 User is offline   Comp_uter1 

• Private

Posted 07 February 2010 - 08:45 PM

QUOTE (DirtyHarry @ Feb 7 2010, 6:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thought u said blitz installer halted at some point due to old-file-not-there.

no, that was on the patch(es). i think i might just drop the mod.

#50 User is offline   Brig 

• Private
  • Mod Registrations:

Posted 22 February 2010 - 02:50 AM

Hello there I'm having trouble with the skirmish game play. The situation is that I can start it up, play the missions, BUT when I go to skirmish and hit the play button, as soon as it starts it ends and I've never even got to build one thing. I've tried playing the maps that originaly came with the game, same thing. I tried uninstaling the whole thing and any file that was related to blitz, then reinstaled it and add the patch, same thing. I've also noticed that on one side of the map the enemy's comand center is next to mine, and I also tried playing regular ZH 1.04 but it works, just not the skirmish in blitz. I'm thinking that some files may be corupted/missing. Any Ideas on how to fix this problem.

P.S. I also have VGO and Cold War Crisis installed but they both work fine and they never effected each other before. Please HELP!

#51 User is offline   Comrade Raptorkov 

• Lieutenant Colonel

Posted 22 February 2010 - 05:50 AM

Does all your stuff just explode as soon as you begin and it tells you that you've been defeated? If so, zh thinks you have a pirate version, remove any cracked launchers you have (not implying you do, but if so trash them)

If you have a fully legit copy and this is happening, did you copy the zh dir and use a different one other than the original to install blitz?, if so try switching them out, rename + move folders or w/e. If no luck, do a full reinstall to include zh, this time if you copy the zh dir, use it as a back up and install blitz in the normal dir.

Report back if this doesn't help.

#52 User is offline   Brig 

• Private
  • Mod Registrations:

Posted 23 February 2010 - 06:27 AM

Nothing blows up as soon as I begin it just has the ending music and then says "you are victorious" and the game ends. I've tryed to reinstall ZH (without uninstalling) but still the same resultes, However would this problem be fix if I unistalled all of ZH and Blitzkrieg completly (pluse VGO & CWC) and then reinstalled them back? I would like to save this option for last but is there any other way that I could try that might fix the problem?

#53 User is offline   Comrade Raptorkov 

• Lieutenant Colonel

Posted 23 February 2010 - 02:15 PM

Woah, you have other mods installed? Blitz doesn't play well with others I'm afraid. You'll have to remove them from the blitz folder for it to work I'm afraid.

#54 User is offline   Brig 

• Private
  • Mod Registrations:

Posted 24 February 2010 - 12:45 AM

QUOTE (Comrade Raptorkov @ Feb 23 2010, 7:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Woah, you have other mods installed? Blitz doesn't play well with others I'm afraid. You'll have to remove them from the blitz folder for it to work I'm afraid.

Well I've tried doing what you told me, I've uninstalled both VGO and CWC but it didn't work. so I tried uninstalling the Blitz II mod and reinstalled it and still no go. Then I uninstalled Blitz and ZH (backed up some maps I made on a USB) and REINSTALLED all, ZH 1.04, Veitnam Glory Obscured 1.4, Cold War Crisis 1.5, and Blitzkrige II R3 and now IT WORKS, along with everything els. I thought it might have something to do with ZH's files because they all work now and none of the mods ever interfeared with one another.

Thank You anyways Comrade Raptorkov for you help, Brig.

#55 User is offline   jago 

• Private

Posted 31 July 2010 - 09:18 PM

when i start it up it starts with guy lying on florr than it goes then a comand and conquer genrals hour comes up and gos
then a snowy picture with a tank comes then it says error my older brother says we instlled right we changed readme only file to other options so help me piz

#56 User is offline   DirtyHarry 

• 1st Lieutenant

Posted 07 August 2010 - 07:00 PM

Eh, you are not exactly being clear....

See other topics for help - or this one.

install cnc, cnczh, patch zh 1.04. install blitz R3, patch it to 1.01.

works under winXP.

no other mods installed.

Bye - DirtyHarry

#57 User is offline   ExtremeTaco 

• Private

Posted 22 August 2010 - 03:20 AM

Hi im kinda new to the forums and I just installed Blitzkrieg and Played it. I want to patch it and already downloaded the updater but when i launch the updater is says. "Missing or Invalid Registry/Ini Entry" and then (when i click ok) is says "Old File does not Exist" please help.

#58 User is offline   DirtyHarry 

• 1st Lieutenant

Posted 22 August 2010 - 03:48 PM

look through these forums - the answer is there.

#59 User is offline   Mastermind88 

• Private

Posted 29 August 2010 - 05:39 AM

Whenever I try to play Blitz II I get an error that says "You have encountered a serious error. Seroius errors can be caused by many things including virsuses, overheated hardware and hardware that does not meet minimum specification for the game"

I can play ZH just fine and I dont have any virsuses. I tried unninstalling and removing all game files including blitz and then reinstalling and patching the games as well as patching blitz. Also tried running it with Admin rights. I looked in the game folder located in program files and everything seams to be in the right location.

Any help would be greatly appreicated. Thanks in advance.

#60 User is offline   Comrade Raptorkov 

• Lieutenant Colonel

Posted 29 August 2010 - 06:06 AM

Can you provide more information, what OS are you running, also are you using stand alone zh or the first decade?

Share this topic:

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users