DerelictStudios Forums: The Actual Iraqi Faction Manual - DerelictStudios Forums

• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

The Actual Iraqi Faction Manual The whole thing, in its entirety!!!!

#141 User is offline   BlackHawk90 

• Major
  • Group: Volcano Citizen

Posted 23 August 2006 - 01:30 AM

QUOTE(someone @ Aug 23 2006, 6:45 AM)
PShZ-IV – ???

Ummm German well atleast it looks like something germany would call wateva

and i found this
http://www.ironsides.8m.com/army/iz.html

This post has been edited by BlackHawk90: 23 August 2006 - 01:31 AM

#142 User is offline   someone 

• Sergeant Major

Posted 24 August 2006 - 09:50 PM

I also had a few ideas for general-specific units I thought I should share:

T-55 Enigma for General Aziz Al-Sahaf

The T-55 Enigma is an Iraqi derivation of the Soviet T-55 and Chinese Type-59 and Type-69. It has special armor that is designed to survive shaped charge warheads.
Since General Aziz Al-Sahaf’s main strength lies in propaganda and demoralization of the enemy and not direct firepower, he could use the T-55 Enigma as his main battle tank; it would be less powerful than the Assad Babl, but would be able to endure missile threats better than the other MBT.

MiG-25 for General Barzan Abdul

This plane would be incredibly fast (fast enough to outrun some of the enemy’s missiles), would have a large line of site and capability to detect stealth.
Initially, it would have no weapons, but there would be something like “R-40”, or “R-37”, or maybe “R-172” missile upgrade available at the airfield for this plane. After it is studied, MiG-25 will be able to fire long-range air-to-air missiles. These missiles should be devastating vs. large aircraft (like general power planes), but less effective vs. fighters.

Once “Overhaul” upgrade is studied, the MiG-25 Foxhound would become the more powerful MiG-31 Foxbat.

What do you think?

#143 User is offline   CAS-343 

• Private

Posted 30 August 2006 - 03:55 AM

Are planes going to carry anti-radiation missiles? Or are they just going to fly into enemy SAM cover and pray?

#144 User is offline   someone 

• Sergeant Major

Posted 23 November 2006 - 03:22 AM

I do not know what things the AAOW team is decided upon, and how much more ideas/suggestions they would like to hear, but as a fan, it is often very fun to suggest ideas that in your opinion would make the mod even better smile.gif .

So how about this: what if General Aziz Al-Sahaf had the ability to build “fake vehicles”? Such vehicles would have practically no armor and would not be able to attack, but they would be very inexpensive and have a short build time. This would allow General Al-Sahaf to quickly build “ghost armies,” making his forces look more superior. Such units would force the opponents to rethink their strategy, because they would never know if they have to deal with a real vehicle or a replica.

I heard a similar strategy was applied by the United States during the Gulf War: the U.S. psychological warfare division made vehicle replicas to fool the enemy’s intelligence about the position of most of U.S. forces.

So what do you think (about the idea, that is)?

#145 User is offline   HailStorm 

• Private

Posted 26 November 2006 - 12:18 PM

QUOTE(someone @ Nov 23 2006, 11:22 AM)
I heard a similar strategy was applied by the United States during the Gulf War: the U.S. psychological warfare division made vehicle replicas to fool the enemy’s intelligence about the position of most of U.S. forces.

So what do you think (about the idea, that is)?

The idea for that isn't new - in WWII they used dosens of foam/inflatable tanks and other vehicles to fool recce planes into thinking there was huge army bases all along the british coastline...

#146 User is offline   someone 

• Sergeant Major

Posted 27 November 2006 - 06:14 AM

QUOTE(HailStorm @ Nov 26 2006, 12:18 PM)
The idea for that isn't new - in WWII they used dosens of foam/inflatable tanks and other vehicles to fool recce planes into thinking there was huge army bases all along the british coastline...

Do you want to know something even funnier? When Americans first started operating spy satellites, the Soviets started floating giant inflatable submarines too scare/fool the Americans. Those must have been the biggest pool toys ever made!

I must admit though, I didn’t know that they used inflatable decoys in World War 2.

However, my idea is a bit different – I was suggesting decoys that would actual be able to move (but not fire). I am not sure if such devices (mobile, remotely operated, to scale replicas of real vehicles) were ever used in real combat, but hey, it would defiantly make the game alot more interesting!

#147 User is offline   Feuersturm 

• Blitzkrieg II
  • Group: Volcano Soldier
  • Mod Registrations:

Posted 01 December 2006 - 02:00 AM

QUOTE(someone @ Nov 26 2006, 9:14 PM)
QUOTE(HailStorm @ Nov 26 2006, 12:18 PM)

Do you want to know something even funnier? When Americans first started operating spy satellites, the Soviets started floating giant inflatable submarines too scare/fool the Americans. Those must have been the biggest pool toys ever made!

I must admit though, I didn’t know that they used inflatable decoys in World War 2.

However, my idea is a bit different – I was suggesting decoys that would actual be able to move (but not fire). I am not sure if such devices (mobile, remotely operated, to scale replicas of real vehicles) were ever used in real combat, but hey, it would defiantly make the game alot more interesting!

Erwin Rommel in Africa used decoys alot, and on his infamous retreat, used them even more, to scare the British into either

a) Delaying

cool.gif Bombing the Decoys rather then actual tanks

Which saved th e Germans alot of Time and pressure off of them.

#148 User is offline   thekillerppodl 

• Private

Posted 10 July 2007 - 03:41 PM

the 8th army also used decoys in north africa thats how they broke out they put loads of dummies in the south and then attacked in the north

it worked well so decoys would be intrestring but maybe adding a really weak gun as once a tank doesn't fire it would oboiusly be a decou but if it does it keeps the ruse longer

#149 User is offline   JokersAce 

• not a kitty lover
  • Group: Volcano Soldier
  • Mod Registrations:

Posted 11 July 2007 - 02:12 PM

Hey bro, this topic is a few months old.

just a fyi...

#150 User is offline   Jackseno 

• Captain

Posted 11 July 2007 - 04:32 PM

mmso..?

#151 User is offline   thekillerppodl 

• Private

Posted 11 July 2007 - 09:07 PM

oops *blushes* apogliea about the grave digging then

#152 User is offline   someone 

• Sergeant Major

Posted 12 July 2007 - 05:32 AM

QUOTE(thekillerppodl @ Jul 11 2007, 9:07 PM)
oops *blushes* apogliea about the grave digging then

No need to be embraced – trying to resurrect old topics is fun! tongue.gif

#153 User is offline   someone 

• Sergeant Major

Posted 04 August 2007 - 04:45 PM

I was wondering, what is the structure/unit that provides the Iraqi side with radar? Also, which structure/unit provides the U.S.A. side with radar?

#154 User is offline   someone 

• Sergeant Major

Posted 25 August 2007 - 11:53 PM

QUOTE(someone @ Aug 4 2007, 4:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was wondering, what is the structure/unit that provides the Iraqi side with radar? Also, which structure/unit provides the U.S.A. side with radar?

No one knows? No one at all? sad.gif

#155 User is offline   josh20091992 

• Private

Posted 29 September 2007 - 07:46 AM

QUOTE(someone @ Aug 25 2007, 5:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(someone @ Aug 4 2007, 4:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No one knows? No one at all? sad.gif

Dude, they are still working on the game the reason why no one knows is because the game is not out yet, and i dont think the programers on the game are going to tell us what they are when they are still working on it, so chill.

#156 User is offline   someone 

• Sergeant Major

Posted 18 December 2007 - 01:42 AM

QUOTE(josh20091992 @ Sep 29 2007, 7:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dude, they are still working on the game the reason why no one knows is because the game is not out yet, and i dont think the programers on the game are going to tell us what they are when they are still working on it, so chill.

Actually if you go to page one of this thread, you can see what is planed for the Iraqi side, while a list of USA units and structures can be found on this thread:
www.derelictstudios.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=14653

Strangely enough, neither thread mentions anything about the primary RADAR of either side. I guess the only way to find out now is to download the half-finished mod.

On a different note, I was going through the thread when I noticed some errors in my last post on the previous page. I decided to correct them just to be precise and accurate and to prevent the spread of false information. Here is what I corrected:

1) Repetitions – some of the vehicles were mentioned twice. I fixed that.

2) Confusion about M3 APC – I mentioned that the Iraqi army used the M3 APC. When I first composed the list, I thought that M3 APC was referring to the American M3 halftrack. It is more likely however that M3 APC refers to the APC variant of the French AML-245 (also called Panhard M3). I changed it to the AML-245 APC in the list.

3) Additions – I added PT-76 amphibious tank and MiG-29 Fulcrum to the list (I can not believe I forgot to mention the Fulcrum the first time around! Shame on me!)

4) Trivia smile.gif – Although not part of the list, I decided to added a bit of information about the T-34 tanks and Super Étendard aircraft that once in Iraqi inventory.

If anyone is wondering about the sources used to compose the list, there was several of them. The two biggest sources of information however where afvid.topcities.com and www.combataircraft.com

Well, that is all. It is a real shame the mod died sad.gif .

#157 User is offline   Chadaface 

• Private

Posted 18 November 2009 - 02:14 AM

QUOTE (STURMSHREK @ Nov 27 2004, 10:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
boarders of Afghanistan and Pakistan.

No,they'd still get own3d by Pakistan even if Iraq was like that today.

who am i kidding?this is a dead 5 year old discussion about a dead-er mod

#158 User is offline   killakanz 

• Man with a heart, a soul. And a gun.
  • Group: Volcano Lord
  • Mod Registrations:

Posted 18 November 2009 - 06:10 PM

You've already been warned for bumping year old threads, now you just bumped a 2 year old thread quoting a post from over 5 years ago. This is your second warning.

Share this topic:

• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users