DerelictStudios Forums
revenant

Is There An Intel Mac Version Of The Mod?

Fantastic! I will install tonight if possible, and internet permitting.

Thank you for your time and consideration of mac gamers :)

Blessings.

Edit- starfury, the textures fix said this- Can't make file "Macintosh HD: Applications:GAMES:Command & COnquer Generals:Blitzkrieg 2 Mod R3.01:Zero Hour Data:TexturesZH.big" of application "Finder" into type alias.

am I doing something wrong? I selected my zero hour folder.

Thanks again.

Edit- I played it a couple of times, its fantastic! great mod! I love the NIN Reptile factory sequence used as sound effects for the factorie/s. one of my favourite songs, as I'm a rivethead :D

Edited by revenant

Edit- starfury, the textures fix said this- Can't make file "Macintosh HD: Applications:GAMES:Command & COnquer Generals:Blitzkrieg 2 Mod R3.01:Zero Hour Data:TexturesZH.big" of application "Finder" into type alias.

am I doing something wrong? I selected my zero hour folder.

You can fix this also by hand. Simply COPY the file TexturesZH.big from your Zero Hour:Zero Hour Data folder to the Zero Hour Data folder of the Blitzkireg directory. That's all and you should have all the textures.

I'm glad that you're enjoying the game.

starfury

I've been pretty busy lately and haven't finished porting Blitz yet. I'm running into some bugs that are causing occasional crashes here and there, so it'll be a bit until I have my port available. :) In the meantime, it looks as though you've figured out how to get it running on your own.

I also run in some bugs here ans there, but mostly when playing Allies in the mid of a skirmish game. I have the suspicion it's something eith the Willy's Jeep. Mabe some texture mapping or something, because I had a file trace while playing and the last file was touched before the crash was Art/Textures/willys... something I can't remember.

starfury

I've been pretty busy lately and haven't finished porting Blitz yet. I'm running into some bugs that are causing occasional crashes here and there, so it'll be a bit until I have my port available. :) In the meantime, it looks as though you've figured out how to get it running on your own.

I also run in some bugs here ans there, but mostly when playing Allies in the mid of a skirmish game. I have the suspicion it's something eith the Willy's Jeep. Mabe some texture mapping or something, because I had a file trace while playing and the last file was touched before the crash was Art/Textures/willys... something I can't remember.

starfury

Some maps are very buggy and always crash, and there are bugs here and there yes. in the soviet campaign the snowmobile things have bugs and crash the game when they die I think.

the allied campaign crashes as soon as it starts.

thanks for telling me how to install the textures.

this mod is amazing truly. I have never played such an in depth mod, which really makes it into a very different game.

my only complaint is that infantry are pretty much obsolete, in that you don't need them to win. but it was the same in zero hour aswell.

Some maps are very buggy and always crash, and there are bugs here and there yes. in the soviet campaign the snowmobile things have bugs and crash the game when they die I think.

the allied campaign crashes as soon as it starts.

thanks for telling me how to install the textures.

this mod is amazing truly. I have never played such an in depth mod, which really makes it into a very different game.

my only complaint is that infantry are pretty much obsolete, in that you don't need them to win. but it was the same in zero hour aswell.

You're completely right that some maps waren't very good to play. "Machina Thunder" is the best example. The wayfinding doesn't work so you can click somewhere at the map and the units go to a completely other location.

I haven't played the campains yet, because I mostly play in skirmish mode.

You're right that infantry doesn't play that role like in other mods (e.g. VGO), but you can utilize it very well when playing on a map with buildings where you can garrison them. A group of a officer, a sniper, 4 to 6 anti-tank rifles and riflemen or flamethrower can stop an attack with tanks if located left and right in the buildings of a narrow street. You can enforce the infantry with some anti-tank cannons and you have a comparative cheap defense.

It's also more realistic that the infantry can't kill a tank with only 2 or 3 shots from it's weapons like the rocket infantry in Zero Hour or Mid East Crisis where you can win the game ony with infantry if you want.

There are also some other mods out there which are very interesting (like CWC) but my favourites are Blitzkrieg and VGO.

It seems youÄre playing very intense at the moment, may be you can remember the exact moments when the game terminates so we can isolate the problems and maybe debug the crashes.

starfury

Just sayin I had the same problem with the allied campaign but if you delete your user data and then start it up again , dont fiddle with graphics and start the allied campaign it works. I also have problem with Soviet second mission with crashes but if it is to do snowmobiles just spam troops there instead

... but if you delete your user data and then start it up again , dont fiddle with graphics and ...

I also noticed that deleting the User Data from time to time decreases the number of crashes. I think something is going wrong there. I also noticed that if you use custom resolutions (holding down Shift when starting Zero Hour and then choosing a Mac typical resolution) kills the game more often as if you play with 800x600 or 1024x768. The crashes are at my opinion a graphics problem.

Regards, starfury

@both- how do you delete user data? what is user data?

@starfury- some of the crashes I am unsure of their origins. but sure, the ones I am sure of I will give you notice.

and yeah I played a city map recently and infantry were the only thing stopping my defeat by axis! haha.

allies seem to be the glitchiest faction. I don't have problems with axis units, and I think soviets aswell. when I play allies, about half an hour in the game crashes consistently. it may have to do with an upgrade.

oh- you had problems with allies too. I hadn't even used a willys jeep and it crashes, so maybe it not that. unless when you get an upgrade you get free jeeps that spawn at the base.

@prancer- yeah will have to spam troops, thanks. its sad though, those snow mobiles are awesome units!

In the Blitzkrieg folder is a directory User Data pull it in the trash (sadly your playing before and saved games are lost)

@starfury- some of the crashes I am unsure of their origins. but sure, the ones I am sure of I will give you notice.

I played a skirmish game with Allies recently without any problems. I had the suspicion that the US Intervention maybe makes some trouble. So I doesnÄt used it and all worked fine. Then I played the same game (saved it as I reached the level where I could get US troops from the command center) and so I ordered Tanks level 2, Artillery level 2 and Infantry and there it happened.

I'm a little bit clueless but it seems if you don't use the US troops send in by Command Center there is not problem.

starfury

In the Blitzkrieg folder is a directory User Data pull it in the trash (sadly your playing before and saved games are lost)

I played a skirmish game with Allies recently without any problems. I had the suspicion that the US Intervention maybe makes some trouble. So I doesnÄt used it and all worked fine. Then I played the same game (saved it as I reached the level where I could get US troops from the command center) and so I ordered Tanks level 2, Artillery level 2 and Infantry and there it happened.

I'm a little bit clueless but it seems if you don't use the US troops send in by Command Center there is not problem.

starfury

the whole user data folder? or just the saved games?

so the allies are redundant? because otherwise they lag behind in tech. :(

can you play lan games, btw?

an anotherquestion, when superkev ports this, will these bugs not happen?

Thanks again for all you help, time and effort! I love this game!

now I am not sad that I cant get company of heroes lol!

the whole user data folder? or just the saved games?

I don't know exactly, but you can try to move the "Save" folder away before deleting User Data.

can you play lan games, btw?

Haven't tried yet.

an anotherquestion, when superkev ports this, will these bugs not happen?

I don't know, ask him. (http://www.superkevstudios.com/cc/)

starfury

To answer ur question i just pulled the whole user data folder to my desktop as it will make a fresh copy when u next start the game up. Then once u have completed the allied campaign u can pull ur saved games back to the new copy of the user data. Yes I have played lan games before with my brother (but lost!) I also played allied skirmish and left 2 key areas alone and completed it without crash, first i left the barracks alone after u get american troops also i avoided buying any troop shipments from the command bunker

Now I have finished the allied campaign but got stuck on the second soviet as keeps crashing anyway of skipping mission or got any ideas. Also got 2 third german mission but can't win as trucks always get hit anyone know any good stratergies to beat it?

Tips for the Supply line mission: spread your tanks all along your truck convoy route and make sure Stukas are ready to help where the Soviets are trying to break the supply line ;)

Thanks neo the missions are brilliant and u can tell a lot of effort went into them. Do u know anyway of skipping the second soviet mission as it keeps crashing on my mac? Also will there be any more allied missions other than the north Africa campaign and normandy, if so when?

hmm. it gets a bit confusing.

thanks for the tip neo, that level is hard!

thanks all, again.

I guess I will have to wait till the game is ported by superkev.

On the mac leningrad mission i have found what is causing the crashes. When u have troop filled snowmobiles and a soldier gets shot off it this causes the crash

Bump!

I am just requesting that the Allies shipment glitch be solved...

Superkev, are you going to port the game this year?

I don't mean to be pushy.

Bump!

I'm currently working on it... can't get the first allied mission to load for me. Not sure why at the moment.

Edited by super_kev

Bump!

I'm currently working on it... can't get the first allied mission to load for me. Not sure why at the moment.

Fantastic news! it sure would be sad to release the best mod I have ever seen, and have some mac users not be able to play to it's full glory lol.

I am ever Impressed.

Also I noticed on one of the maps the Soviet AI actually uses fighters!! It's a vertical long skinny map with heaps of bunkers.

Thank you for your work all, and you Kev and Star Furry.

With respect to the allied mission not working I found that if you remove all user data then start up the game and start the allied campaign immediately (that means not changing settings) it works fine

I have released Blitz 2 v3.01 for download. It includes the mission movies and everything should be working. I've worked with Korona for the past month or two and we've fixed quite a few corrupt textures that crashed on the Mac only. I've tried to catch all the crash-causing bugs I can, but Blitz is a massive game and I might have missed something. If so, make sure it is reproducible, give me the specifics (mission or map, what button you clicked or what the unit is doing, etc.) and I will look into it.

You can find the download on my website (see signature). Enjoy!

Edited by super_kev