DerelictStudios Forums
Sign in to follow this  
prancer

Missions Help

Hi there can I say first has brilliant the missions for blitz 2 are, the detail and scale is truly epic

Secondly I can't play half of them!, i have completed the allied and axis missions but have had issues with the soviet second mission as a bug with the snow mobiles and troops on the right side of the mini map causes the game to crash. I can't tell exactly what it is but the mission is impossible to complete as u run out of supplies, the saved games for this mission and only this mission for some bizare reason do not work and so I cannot got onto the rest of the missions. I have tried other mods and they sometimes are accompanied by add-on user made skirmish maps which are missions themselves and was wondering would this be a way to get around the problem and if so how would you get this to work?

Leningrad is a cool mission Korona made thats why i can't tell you whats wrong here....Anyway an Add-on should follow in the next weeks. If theres any other bug just let us know. Thanks

Edited by Neo

hi, i can probably send you a savegame if you wish, if you are on msn - see active player list for my details.

i have no problem with leningrad, but snowmobiles are unique to that mission, perhaps you found a bug.

you dont need the mobiles, actually a good group of inf does the trick

also you dont actually need the cash to win. you got elite kv1s at the main base, if you just camp there you can still win.

the way i play it is as follows - i use the barracks to make inf and spread em around buildings, and put my tanks behind the buildings. the germans attack shooting your inf, but they get very close to shoot inf among the buildings - they you bring up the tanks. afterward you withdraw em and put some new inf up. continue this on each level. if the germans reach your main base, what is left on them probably wont be able to beat your kv1's.

Gl - DirtyHarry

thank you for your quick response, I am playing on the mac version of blitz 2 and on another topic this issue was also raised, the problem seems to be with infantry and snowmobiles I think so it is impossible to defend the trucks, out of interest how many attack waves do you have to go through as my record is 12 before it crashes also is it possible for you to post the saved games to a separate link so i can download it as i have patchy internet so over msn would not work (tried before)

How do the snowmobiles trigger a crash? Is it when the camera pans over them? When they are built?

If it's a consolation and you have a save, I think 12 waves is about the limit...

you have mac version? my saves are windows version.

does mac version have latest patch?

please for the sake of the team, recapture the crash, describe what you are doing when it happens - aka u got snowmobiles selected, u order them, u load unload them, build em.. - like korona said, that would help. Do note mac is totally unsupported by the team itself.

Gr. Harry

Edited by DirtyHarryTAT

To answer some of your questions, yes i have the latest patch and i have the mac version, however skirmish maps,replays and saves are universal between mac os x and windows as I have done so with other mods ( cwc and shockwave) The bug with the snowmobiles/infantry seems to be along the lines of when a soldier in a snowmobile gets killed the body does not fall properly and the game crashes i have also had issues when snowmobiles are destroyed and when officers are killed. Also there seems to be a problem when a unit ranks up and the spiralling promotion leads to the game freezing (but only on this mission)These are all issues when the camera is over them apart from the soldier killed off a snowmobile. I am sorry to say i cannot get screenshots to work

You should just exit the men from the snowmobile and use them with inf on foot. They can easily defeat the Jerries on the ice even if the inf are just supporting them on foot. Not ideal I know but it's the best I can offer without a patch.

While we all have save games they are for beta maps. I would guess that the final versons haven't actually been played by the beta crew cos they have all played previous versions of the map to death.